PDA

View Full Version : Crowds May 18-23, 2008?

caldgail
03-25-2008, 12:55 PM
Are we going to regret going duirng this time? we thought it wouldn't be bad as this is the week before Memorial weekend? or are we wrong?:fresh:

Tygger7
03-25-2008, 02:11 PM
We went this exact timeframe in 2006, and it wasn't bad at all. Things didn't pick up until Friday, and we checked out on Saturday morning (of Memorial Day weekend). Plus, Star Wars Weekends was going on and I know that increased the crowds. We love going at this time, and will be there May 10-21st this year. Should be even better 'cause Star Wars Weekends is in June this year, so the only "big event" going on is the Flower & Garden festival. Maybe we'll see you there!! :party:

tinklover
03-25-2008, 02:36 PM
we were ther elast year during this time. the crowds wer ethere but managable only thing was the love bugs. they were aweful our first day there. we had to keep stopping to clean the windsheild.

JMTStone
03-25-2008, 02:50 PM
We went May 2006 and the crowds were light. I think you'll be fine. I remember it being quite hot. Maybe it was a fluke but it felt like July in Florida a few days there!

Have a great time!

caldgail
03-25-2008, 03:14 PM
Woo Hoo, I felt like i was doing something right, DH thinks i am nuts for all of the searching i have been doing! Thanks!

Jasper
03-25-2008, 03:25 PM
You are definitely correct in your assumption that the week you have picked is FAR better than the next week because of Memorial Day. However, the week before Memorial Day, the week you are going, is one of those weeks that can swing back and forth. A lot of the crowd sizes on your week depends on when schools let out for the year. And that depends a lot on how many days are left in May AFTER Memorial Day.

This year there is a full week (school week that is) of May left after Memorial Day. Because there is that much time left I suspect that you will be just fine this year. However, as soon as we say one thing here then the world goes and does something different. But in all seriousness I think you should be good this year.

PetefromRI
03-25-2008, 04:59 PM
That sounds great.We're also going the 18th-23rd.The weather should be nice and hot!

tinka
03-25-2008, 07:42 PM
We went last year May 19-24...great time to go. Perfect weather, not too many crowds and only the last 2-3 days there were school trip...we did run into some obnoxious high school groups, but nonetheless, a great time to go!

03-26-2008, 12:55 AM
We went last year May 19-24...great time to go. Perfect weather, not too many crowds and only the last 2-3 days there were school trip...we did run into some obnoxious high school groups, but nonetheless, a great time to go!

We also went these same dates last year and agree that it was a great time to go, great weather and the crowds were not bad at all. I don't recall seeing any high school groups.

bruin1344
03-26-2008, 07:06 AM
went same time frame in 2005, great week to go, crowds are very low during the weekdays but picked up a little during the weekends.