PDA

View Full Version : Mvmcp?

KAT1811
03-25-2008, 10:59 AM
We are going to be trying MVMCP :santa3: for the first time on our upcoming trip. We have done MNSSHP :mpumpkin: before and loved it so I am sure that we will also enjoy the Christmas version. My question is how busy do you all think November 11th will be? Really busy or not so much? We are planning on spending the day in the MK as it is our second DD's 4th birthday :birthday:. We are planning on taking her to the BBB mid morning (I figured that we would go for a later start seeing as it will be a late night) ride the rides all day, dinner at the CP and then MVMCP.

My fear is that it will be very busy :crowd: seeing that it is Vetrans Day. Or maybe the night before will busier seeing as the children will have no school the next day? I figured I would defer to the "experts" :geek: on this one. Any info or tips you could give us on the party would be greatly appreciated. :hands:

thumperbug
03-25-2008, 11:03 AM
If it is a holiday, overall the park will be busy. As for the MVMCP, as with all other special events, they only sell a limited number of tickets. We have done the MVMCP twice. We enjoyed it more the 2nd time as we focused more on the special events rather then being able to walk on rides. The fun of having snow on main street, the hot chocolate and cookies, the shows, the decorations...lots of fun. It was a little bizarre for us New Yorkers to have Christmas and "snow" when it was 70 degrees. But we wore elf hats, scarves and put battery operated holiday lights on my sons stroller. We had a blast.

MNNHFLTX
03-25-2008, 12:24 PM
November 11th is very early in the Christmas season (that's just the second party, right?) And although it's Veterans Day, not as many schools in Florida give the day off anymore, so I don't think you will find the party over-run with locals on either the 10th or the 11th. I think either of those would be a good choice.

jpH/keD
03-25-2008, 12:58 PM
We went Nov 16th last year. Our 1st and last MVMCP! The day of our party MK was soooo packed you could barely walk down Main Street. Getting a pic of the castle was impossible!

However, the castle was BEAUTIFUL!!!! All lit up like that for the first time was breathtaking!! I am a sap and cried! DH laughing at me the whole time! We loved EVERY show we saw and the hot chocolate rocked as it was a cold night!

Would I do it again?? Not in a million years!! Did I love it? You bet!

Have fun and make your own great memories!! :thumbsup:

scootch713
03-25-2008, 01:02 PM
I too had a similar problem last year. We went in 2005, crowds were fine.... in 2007, although the parks were about the same as the previous years I had gone in November, the MVMCP was PACKED. I think they must have increased the number of tickets sold. We went on a Thursday night, never dreamed we would hit that crowd. I won't be going again, not worth the money. As far as Veteran's Day, i haven't seen a huge increase in people on that day in the past years.