PDA

View Full Version : Disney Visa

Kidsmom
03-25-2008, 09:36 AM
I am not sure where to post this, so Mods, please feel free to move it to the apporpriate location.

I hear everyone talking about earning points with their Disney Credit Card. Where can I get info. on it. Also, how many points do you get for each dollar spent, What is the interest rate?

We are about to buy a bunch of new furniture for our new house and thought this would be a great way to get money towards Disney (maybe pay off our DVC dues). We would be paying off right away so the interest isn't anything of much conern, but would like to know.

Thanks for any info!

KylesMom
03-25-2008, 09:59 AM
Here is the official site link:

http://disneyrewards.disney.go.com/

We appreciate the Chase Disney Visa Rewards program for what it is - a way to earn "fun money" for our trip Disney World - although you can spend your reward dollars on many other things. You earn 1% on all purchases, and occassionally they'll offer you a chance to earn "double" rewards. There are certainly cards out there that offer more perks, but we enjoy earning extra cash solely for our yearly vacation.

We charge everything from groceries to gas to everything in between, and it's been a good way for us to earn $.

I would NOT get this card if you are contemplating carrying a balance. With excellent credit and on-time payments, our APR is 12.15% on purchases. We ensure that we pay the balance off each month, and watch our Rewards $$$ accrue. :mickey:

thumperbug
03-25-2008, 10:55 AM
In addition to the 1% rewards from time to time they have double rewards. For Feb, March & Apr of this year they were having a promotion with 5 x the rewards. I don't normally carry a balance on my card so its up to you if you are ok with the rate. They may also be running a special with 0% for introduction period. I personally love my DIsney Rewards card. I use the rewards on my Disney trips.

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
03-25-2008, 11:30 AM
For Feb, March & Apr of this year they were having a promotion with 5 x the rewards.Really??? Was this on their web site or did you receive something in the mail? Was it just for certain merchants?

AuntDJ
03-25-2008, 11:50 AM
For the 5x..I got an email and a postcard..you had to call or login to actually get it though. And it was only on certain items...3 types, I don't remember what they were though...one was groceries, restaurants and I can't remember the 3rd...

I love my Disney Visa. I charge EVERYTHING and pay it off at the end of the month. I use it as a sort of budgeting tool. I know how much I can afford to pay each month, and can check the balance on line to know where I am in my monthly spending....

DJ

laprana
03-25-2008, 11:58 AM
Really??? Was this on their web site or did you receive something in the mail? Was it just for certain merchants?

I also got an e-mail and a postcard a couple months ago about the 5x rewards points. They give you a code that you have to enter at the rewards web site in order to enroll (or you can enroll by calling and giving them the code). I had to spend a certain amount each month of the promotion, I think it was around $600, in 3 categories of purchases - gasoline, restaurants, and groceries. Then I think you got 5x the points on just the purchases in those categories. Even then, though, the 5x points can really add up, especially with gas prices as high as they are!

My sister and I both have Disney Visas and we combine our points to put toward the cost of our trip each year. This year, we had around $600-$700 to put toward our trip this summer. Not a huge amount, but every little bit helps!! :thumbsup:

KylesMom
03-25-2008, 01:16 PM
Important note:

When we didn't utilize our Disney Visa card very much, we used to get incentive post cards every few months (double rewards, etcetera) to get us to utilize the card more. In fact, that's what motivated me to utilize their web options more - because you had to log in & activate the code.

Now that we use it for everything and earn $30+ each month in rewards dollars, they NEVER send us rewards incentives. Each incentive program is offered for each user based on their purchasing habits and is not a blanket card program. I'd be in HEAVEN right now if I'd have gotten that promo code, because now at $3.29 a gallon we spend that amount alone in gas each month commuting to work!

I charge EVERYTHING and pay it off at the end of the month. I use it as a sort of budgeting tool. I know how much I can afford to pay each month, and can check the balance on line to know where I am in my monthly spending....
AuntDJ, I do the same thing as you!

IloveDisney71
03-25-2008, 01:29 PM
I love my Disney Visa but I do NOT carry a balance. I have great credit - my credit score is very high, but I still have a high APR rate on my Disney Visa. We use our card to pay a lot of our bills and for gas. That helps us earn lots of points each month. I love getting my "free" stuff with my rewards points when I'm at WDW.

Hull-onian
03-25-2008, 06:33 PM
We got the postcard to register for the 5X Disney Dollar rewards. It's great. I already have my card reward card, and I am transfering, money on to it every month. You can do this yourself. You take it from the account of your credit card and transfer it to you Disney Rewards card. It's great. It will help with our upcoming trip in three weeks.:thumbsup: