PDA

View Full Version : More DDP questions

Rella
03-24-2008, 03:46 PM
I'm so sorry that I'm clueless about all of this! :blush:Please bear with me, as I ask a few more questions?

If we already have our park tickets, but we buy a one-day ticket as part of a MYW package, will that allow us to take part in the free dining if/when do that in September?? Would we just use our other park tickets to get into the park, then use your room key/meal card for the dining? Then, we're able to keep that one day pass for a later date, correct? OR do we need park tickets for the entire trip?

If we check into our hotel on the 20th of September and stay thru the 30th, but the free dining ends on the 27th, will we have to cover meals for the last few days or does it go by when your stay begins?

I really really appreciate everyones input and their willingness to share what you know with this newbie! Thanks!:mickey:

PlanningMom
03-24-2008, 04:10 PM
I am kind of a newbie, too, but I believe that your dining is tied to your resort stay and not your park tickets. And I believe that you have to purchase them for the legnth of the stay, or not at all. So, if you are sleeping in the resort for 6 nights, you would get 6 table service, 6 counter service and 6 snacks per person.

Hope this helps!

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-24-2008, 04:20 PM
Don't worry about asking questions, we all do that around here!

Yes, you only have to buy a 1-day park ticket, to make it a "package". You can choose to use this ticket, or save it for future use (or as a base towards purchasing future tickets).

Even if you have purchased your tickets in advance, ask at the resort to have them added to your room key. It is possible!

Usually, you get the package for your length of stay. Even if "free" dining ends on the 27th, you will be eligible until the end of your stay (at least this is how it worked in past years).

Hope you enjoy your trip :mickey:

Strmchsr
03-24-2008, 05:03 PM
Usually, you get the package for your length of stay. Even if "free" dining ends on the 27th, you will be eligible until the end of your stay (at least this is how it worked in past years).

It's my understanding that this is no longer the case. In 2008 WDW has gone to night by night pricing so if the discount is only available for the first 2 nights of your vacation, you only get the discount for those 2 nights. They did this intentionally to prevent people from arriving on the last night of value season and still paying value rates for their entire vacation.