PDA

View Full Version : Desert Palms--Fastest (EZ) way to get to DL

Husband's in love w/Belle
03-24-2008, 03:05 PM
We are staying at the Desert Palms after friends suggested it. They said it was close to DLR, clean, and had a good breakfast. Desert Palms is at 631 Harbor Blvd. Is anyone familiar with the venue? Friends said it was close and they walked.

We were hoping to stay somewhere close so we could walk. We are bringing our own stroller and have a 3 year old and 18 month old. On our last visit (Nov. '07) it was quite a hassle to unload the stroller and fold it when getting on and off the tram.

I got the "unofficial" guide and it says it will take 13 minutes to walk from Desert Palms.

Is walking recommended or something else?
Should we take the shuttle?
Should we drive and park?
Does anyone have advice on a route if we walk?
My son is a train fan and expects to ride the monorail. If we do ride it, does it take us too far away from our hotel to walk?
Does DCA have an alternate entrance or exit?

We also have two Early Entry days. We will be at DLR M,T,W,Th,and F April 7-11. Are there any better EE than other days? The park opens at 9 all week except 8 on Friday. Any advice?
aloha, sina

tinkwest
03-27-2008, 04:42 PM
The hotel is actually on Katella. The main entrance for DCA would be the closest entry coming from that direction. It would not be a bad walk if you have the kids in strollers. At the end of the day it may feel long though. Look in to the Anaheim Resort Transit tickets.

Husband's in love w/Belle
03-30-2008, 03:29 AM
I will look into the transit thingy. Thank you for the reply. aloha, sina