PDA

View Full Version : Need help...

DisneyCouture
03-24-2008, 01:01 PM
Hi everyone. I have a 2 questions...

1. We are going to be in WDW for 4 days. On our first day we get in late morning and haven't decided if we should go to a park or just hang out in Dwtn Disney? We are def planing on eating @ Boma on the 1st day.

2. I really need help with picking a time for Hollywood and Vine for the Fantasmic Package. I have never done this before and haven't a clue. Please help.:mickey:

DDuck66
03-24-2008, 01:33 PM
1. DTD is a good four hours of shopping just to hit the main stores. If you want Pleasure Island and the West Side, you might have to plan more time there.
2. With the fantasmic dinner package, you have seating reserved for Fantasmic, but even so, you need to get there fairly early to get a good seat. Whenever we have gone, the show has started at 8:00 pm. We usually ate around 5:30 and got to the entrance for the Special eating by 6:30pm. There is a snack stand at the top of the Theatre so you can get drinks and stuff to kill time.
I would make sure that you get to the reserved seats no later than 45 minutes before the show so that you can sit exactly where you want to. If you plan on pictures do not sit too close as the mist tends to blow into the lower seats.

Duchess99
03-24-2008, 01:43 PM
1. If I was in WDW for only 4 days, I would try and get as much in as possible. So since you're going to Boma for dinner on your first night, why night go to AK for the day. You'll be able to get a lot of the attractions in if you use Fastpass wisely and you'll be close to AKL for dinner. I always go to DHS on my shorter day because I'm not a huge fan of the shows and I can get all the major attractions in in an afternoon. Overall, it really depends on how you would like to spend your day :mickey:

2. You book the Fantasmic! package separately with WDW DIning. Just call them and they will set the best time for you.

SBETigg
03-24-2008, 01:43 PM
If you only have four days, forget Downtown Disney and go straight to a park. Downtown is fun if you have extra time, but it pales in comparison to the parks. It's just a big shopping/entertainment area. Nice, fun, but not as great as the parks. If you're headed to Boma that night, why not do the AK during the first day?

A lot of times with the Fantasmic dinners, you don't get to choose a time. The process is decided for you depending on the available times they have. There's only limited seating for the packages and to my experience, it always books fast. Call at 180 days out, if possible, and take the time they give you if you can't get the time you want. We like to eat about two and a half hours before the show, but we've eaten as early as 3:30 (the only time available for us then) and just went on rides until it was time to head for the seating area.