PDA

View Full Version : Mickey's Halloween Party

Figaro0826
03-24-2008, 12:45 PM
Ok I have a question, would you suggest the Mickeys No-So Scary Halowewen party to adults with no children.

I think it would be allot of fun, but are there adults out there that go to it?
Trying to talk my DH into dressing up.

joonyer
03-24-2008, 01:06 PM
Although we have been with our kids, I would absolutely go without them if I had the chance. The parade is great, and the fireworks are fabulous. Also, I love chocolate, and you don't have to be a kid to get all the candy you can carry.
Not only that, but the attraction lines are much shorter than usual. It was easily worth the price of admission to me.

T-Belle
03-24-2008, 03:35 PM
Absolutely go and have a blast!! It is so much fun weather you decide to wear a costume or not.

Tick-Tock
03-24-2008, 04:22 PM
We've gone a couple of years, and last year we met up with friends who also have no kids. We all enoyed it greatly.

NJGIRL
03-24-2008, 04:30 PM
I would say yes also! It's really alot of fun for adults too. I have been to many Halloween Parties at the MK and have always had fun. But I have to say if I didn't have any children and wanted to go to only one Halloween party I would do the party at Universal. It's really a blast and very scarry. The haunted houses and the people who work at the park and dress up are out of this world.

snerd475
03-24-2008, 05:27 PM
I would go by myself in a heartbeat! And I'd still wear my Tinkerbell outfit, whether I had my daughter with me or not! You'll have a blast if you dress up! You won't feel out of place, that's for sure!

Can't wait until the party this year! Have fun! :thumbsup:

FlaTinkRAMESAM
03-24-2008, 05:35 PM
I agree! We are planning 2 visits to MNSSHP this year: 1 with just me and my daughter and then one with me and a bunch of "grown-ups." (I use the term loosely... lol). It is a lot of fun, the waits for rides are unbelievably short, the parade and fireworks are awesome, and it is really cool to see all the little things that they add just for the party.

Rayadragon
03-24-2008, 06:37 PM
A couple of years ago my brother and I (ages 28 and 25 at the time) went toghether. It was easily the most fun we had on the trip, even with the massive cold I had gotten the day before.

We're both pretty much convinced that we had to give up trick-or-treating way too young, so the fact that we could go and stock up on candy was great. The fireworks were fantastic, and the parade was as well. Lines for almost all the rides were short (a notable exception was PotC, though while we were in line we got to see Captin Hook and Mr. Smee jump into one of the boats). And yes, we both dressed up as pirates (easy to come up with a "pirate" costume that doesn't take much suitcase room to pack).

I wouldn't have traded it for anything.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-24-2008, 07:53 PM
I've gone to the P&P party and I'm sure going to MNSSHP is just as much fun for adults. I'd go (even without kids) in a heartbeat.
What kind of candy do they give out?

hmcfall711
03-24-2008, 07:53 PM
We may be in the minority, but my DH and I are in our early 30s with no kiddos. We have been the last 3 years to MNSSHP. We love it and would go every night of our trip if possible. Every time we have gone the crowds are lighter.(I understand the closer you get to Halloween the heavier the crowds.) I am obsessed with getting all the character's pictures (still working on this) and there are a lot of characters available with little and sometimes no wait. The parade is wonderful. The grave diggers are worth the price of admission if you ask me. The MK is my favorite of all the parks, but there just seems to be more magic at the MNSSHP. I walk around for days singing Boo to you . . . . The only thing I would change is that I think Tink should fly during the fireworks too. It really does not fit with the show but I love to see Tink take off from the castle. Yes, Yes, Yes. Go and enjoy. Costume or no it will be an experience you will not regret.:thumbsup::cloud9::mickey::blush:

GrmGrninGost
03-24-2008, 10:17 PM
Yes, by all means! MNSSHP has a lot for everybody! Kids, adults, teens, it doesn't seem to matter! It is a blast! :mpumpkin:

Mickey91
03-24-2008, 11:05 PM
:mpumpkin:By all means!!!!:mpumpkin: DH and I went one year specifically for the Party and left DD and DS with their Grandparents!:frank:

MinnieMommie
03-25-2008, 03:53 AM
This is absolutely a party for those with or without kids. Definately go - it is a blast - you will have so much fun! :mickey:

SimbaandNalasMama
03-25-2008, 01:49 PM
Hubby and I are in our 30's with no kids and we went last year. I was able to get him to dress up (we went as zombies: me, Zombie Prom Queen, him: my Zombie football boyfriend, sister: zombie cheerleader). We totally had a blast. Fireworks, rides at night, candy, parades. we were exhausted by the time we got to bed early the next morning. so, GO GO GO!!!

caryrae
03-25-2008, 02:07 PM
We also went to the Halloween party and had a blast. It was my Wife and I and my Parents, no kids.

thatkindofday
03-25-2008, 07:46 PM
My fiancee and I are talking about going to MNSSHP while we're on our honeymoon, but I'm not really into the costume thing. And I know it's corny, but if we did dress up, I'd probably go as a bride (hey it'd be a chance to wear my dress again:blush:) Does everyone wear costumes?? Would we out of place if we didn't dress up? I was reading about it and it sounds like fun! I's so excited that they're having it while we'll be there!

snerd475
03-25-2008, 07:56 PM
My fiancee and I are talking about going to MNSSHP while we're on our honeymoon, but I'm not really into the costume thing. And I know it's corny, but if we did dress up, I'd probably go as a bride (hey it'd be a chance to wear my dress again:blush:) Does everyone wear costumes?? Would we out of place if we didn't dress up? I was reading about it and it sounds like fun! I's so excited that they're having it while we'll be there!

No, not everyone dresses up, so you wouldn't be out of place. I love the idea of you wearing your dress again, but it might get a bit soiled in all the fun and festivities.
You will LOVE it! Short lines, great parade and fireworks, and you feel like it's an exclusive event that only a select few (thousand) are invited to!

Congrats on your wedding, too! What a perfect place to honeymoon - you two MUST get the bride and groom mouse ears, of course!

thatkindofday
03-25-2008, 08:01 PM
Congrats on your wedding, too! What a perfect place to honeymoon - you two MUST get the bride and groom mouse ears, of course!

Of course!! That'd be my veil! :thumbsup:

prttynpnk
03-27-2008, 10:56 AM
We are in our 30's and unkidded and we always go, always dress up and have a fabulous time!