PDA

View Full Version : Boat ride from POFQ to DTD

disneydad153
03-24-2008, 12:05 PM
For anyone that has stayed at POFQ, how long is the boat ride to Downtown Disney? Is it short or should we take the bus instead. Thanks in advance.:mickey:

ibrowse17
03-24-2008, 12:13 PM
It is a rather nice ride that lasts about 15 min, and goes by the tree houses. If nothing else I take the boat over and the bus back.:thumbsup:

LauraF
03-24-2008, 12:28 PM
The boat ride is longer than riding the bus, but the change of pace can be very relaxing. I usually decide which to do based on my schedule (i.e. do I need to make an ADR time).

brewcrew26
03-24-2008, 01:01 PM
It's about 15 to 20 mins. Very quiet and scenic. You'll sometimes see gators sunning themselves on the banks next to the old treehouse villas. At night, it's kinda fun, too, because its so dark.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember it stopping to pick people up at POR after POFQ. So you have a bit of a wait while its loading, or you could just take it over to POR for a shorter ride, I think.

JPL
03-24-2008, 01:07 PM
It's a nice SLOW relaxing ride the bus is usually faster. Another thing to note is the boats don't run if there is lightning in the area.

dismommy
03-24-2008, 01:12 PM
The boat ride was great,15-20min, relaxing scenic, boat operators were very nice, point out gators and interesting birds along the way. Also found the boat to be quieter then the bus, I guess due to the surroundings? I would do it again.

Strmchsr
03-24-2008, 01:33 PM
While we always enjoy the boat, one thing to note is that in the evenings the boat can be very slow. The boats coming back from DTD unload at POFQ, then go up and unload and POR, then reload at POR on the way back to DTD. The problem is that many times the boat is completely full at POR and so doesn't stop at POFQ on the way back to DTD. I've seen 4 or 5 boats go by before one stops. Some folks have had to wait 45 to 60 min on a boat. Again, that's usually only in the "prime" hours in the evening when most folks are coming back from the parks.

Darbylew
03-24-2008, 01:37 PM
We love the boat ride to DTD from POFQ. It is
such a nice ride and we just enjoy it so much.
It is such a nice change from riding the bus.
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK ON
MARCH 31 FOR A WEEK! :D:mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-24-2008, 02:39 PM
We usually take the boats once to DTD...more as an adventure than a time-saver.

I love seeing the treehouses, and just having the break that the boat brings...it isn't the same on the bus.

AuntDJ
03-24-2008, 02:47 PM
Here's a vote for the boat...No real reason. I just find it relaxing and different from the busses.

I have never had a very long wait for the boats. Even in June, the only wait we had was if a boat wasn't at the dock, or was unloading.

It is about 15-20 min, like all others have said. We just really enjoy it!

Have fun!
DJ

Trixietink
03-24-2008, 09:02 PM
I stayed at POR In 2003, and one of my favorite things was to take the boat ride to downtown...It was a very relaxing 15-20 min...:mickey:

Dakota Rose
03-24-2008, 10:58 PM
One more vote for the boats. :)

AdventurelandTikiGirl
03-24-2008, 11:22 PM
When I am not staying at a "boat" resort, I like to take a round trip boat ride from DTD to the resorts and back to DTD. It's a nice relaxing change of pace, because the area you ride through seems really undeveloped. I love checking out the tree house villas and other wildlife along the way. :thumbsup: for the boats!