PDA

View Full Version : I'm torn!!!Pirate or Princess?!

mickeys_princess_mom
03-24-2008, 11:41 AM
Cant' decide--Pirate or Princess?! Going with DD to the Pirate and Princess Party in May for the first time :clappy:. How to dress? Love being both! Anybody have ideas on a good way to combine the costumes, but in a cool :sun: and comfortable way?........:pirate: :princess:

bleukarma
03-24-2008, 12:42 PM
When I go in May I'm going to be a princess!! I plan on getting a cute dress and wearing a tiara. I found a PERFECT one at Macy's but they didn't have my size. :( I looked like it could double as a brides maids dress, but it was cute. I also plan on looking at the prom dresses and hopefully finding one on clearance after prom, if I havent found one by then. As for shoes, I will probably wear some sparkly flats or flip-flops so it will be comfy to walk around the park in. :thumbsup:

My friends are going as pirates and I think they are talking about getting a costume at a costume place.

thumperbug
03-24-2008, 01:01 PM
I have a few old Halloween costumes...one that was a tavern wench which could be easily modified to Pirate Wench and a princess dress that would have been worn in age of Excalibar. I was leaning towards pirate wench but my son said he wanted me to be a princess...so princess I shall be. I will have to cut a few more inches off the bottom of the dress so I don't trip but I will have my sneakers on underneath (comfort is key). I also have a head garland of fake flowers and flowing ribbons to pin to the top of my head (and hope the ribbons don't get stuck on anything). Its all about fun so go as a Pirate Princess and combine the 2. Check out clearance racks at Party stores...you never know what you will find. :mickey:

dory is here
03-27-2008, 08:09 PM
there was some cool outfits pirate girls with tattered skirts..it was cute