PDA

View Full Version : Snowbirds @ FW

medic9016
03-23-2008, 07:40 PM
I have been reading on some RV forums about folks saying at FW 3 to 6 months. I was really surprised to see how many people go to FW for the entire winter. I may be in the minority but with holiday reservation being harder to get, I would like to see a limit on how many days you could stay. The cost has to be unreal for 6 months

Dakota Rose
03-23-2008, 09:18 PM
I think a limit is a good idea too. They may get some sort of discount. Maybe this is a holdover from the "good ol' days" when the winter really was quiet at WDW.

NJ Camper
03-23-2008, 09:43 PM
First off i'm not a snowbird but i'm sure other then the holidays FW isn't booked for the whole winter we went in nov and it wasn't booked solid we have gone in early dec in the past and it wasn't bad either so i think its mostly a holiday thing if you book early enough you should be able to get your dates maybe they need to do like they do for adr's and let you only book it 180 days out

ibrowse17
03-24-2008, 09:03 AM
Disney used to offer them special winter rates, but I heard they stopped doing that a couple of years ago. I have no problems with them staying as long as they do, and would do the same if I could. However, we do not stay in the same type of site as they do, so I guess it would bother me if I could not get a site when I wanted.:thumbsup:

russk42
03-24-2008, 09:32 AM
I can see how the discounts [for long stays] could be good for WDW: more sites filled=more $$$. But if the fort is getting too full for ordinary vacationers, it would make business sense for WDW to impose some limits. I can't imagine that the snowbirds would spend as much on tickets, dining, T-shirts, etc. in any given day, when compared to typical weekly vacationers. i'm sure some bright Disney bean counter has already figured this out...