PDA

View Full Version : Sugar free in the World?

Tinkermom07
03-23-2008, 07:32 PM
Can anyone tell me if there is a compilation somewhere that would tell me where to find sugar free items in the World? We'll be touring all of the parks, and have many ADR's, which I know most places offer low sugar cheesecake and/or vanilla ice cream, but I would like to find some more variety for desserts and snacks while walking around, and preferably sugar free. I thought I had read that you could get a sugar free brownie sundae or milk shake at Sci-Fi, but I'm not sure. Thanks in advance for any thoughts!

dumbo_buddy
03-24-2008, 11:04 AM
hi, i don't know of anything that lists all the sugar free stuff but i wanted to let you know that at hollywood brown derby, the chef made me this dessert that was fresh fruit and a mango sorbet that used fructose instead of sugar. it was delicious and perfect for my diabetic diet.:mickey:

TheRustyScupper
03-24-2008, 12:10 PM
1) You are right about TS eateries.
2) With 24-hr notice, they can do a lot for sugarless.
3) The CS eateries have limited offerings.
4) For walking around eats, not so lucky.
5) Hardly any snacks/munchies in the sugarless arena.

DDuck66
03-24-2008, 01:53 PM
Both my DW and I are on the low sugar/no sugar tour of fun as well. Almost all of the CS restaurants are able to accomodate you especially as it relates to your desserts. As far as for snacks in the parks, The Goofy Candy Store does make several sugar free pre-packaged sweets. They have Sugar Free Mickey Gummies, Sugar Free hard candy, Sugar Free Chocolate Bars, and Sugar Free Choc Turtles. The Ice Cream store on Main Street in the MK also has no sugar added ice cream (Butter Pecan). Some of the TS restaurants serve a no sugar added brownie, but it is not my favorite.

Taja
03-24-2008, 01:53 PM
I think some of the park CS (and probably resorts, as well) offer a sugar-free brownie. It's prepackaged. I believe I saw it at PC food court last December, and I've seen it on menus posted on this site and several others.

DDuck66
03-24-2008, 02:02 PM
In addition, you can call these parks and discuss Sugar Free Options.

If you have specific inquiries or would like recommendations regarding the food served at the park restaurants, you are welcome to call the executive chefs or Food and Beverage managers, at the telephone numbers listed below. If no one is immediately available when you call, please be sure to leave a message and a telephone number where you may be reached.

Magic Kingdom Park: 407-824-5967
Epcot: 407-560-7292
Disney-MGM Studios: 407-560-1347
Disney's Animal Kingdom: 407-939-7536
(Please note Walt Disney World Company operates no full-service restaurants in this park.)

dumbo_buddy
03-24-2008, 03:15 PM
oh, also..there is an ice cream place that is right by RNRC (across the way from beauty and the beast) that serves no sugar no fat ice cream.

it.
is.
horrible.

don't waste your $$!! i'm very forgiving of my sugar free alternatives but that stuff was :sick:

PETE FROM NYC
03-24-2008, 06:00 PM
I am diabetic, too.I was in WDW last year.I did find some sugar-free goodies, but very little selection.
My gripes were that one of the few treats offered was a strawberry ice cream, and I HATE strawberries,that and the fact that all I could drink was diet Coke.Personally, I am totally fed up with colas.It would be nice, if just once in a while, to be able to get a diet root beer,ginger ale or cherry soda.Every place carries regular sodas in different flavors, but, diabetics are force fed colas, ONLY COLAS.Its not just Disney.It happens where ever I go.Rarely ,I am offered a diet 7-UP or Sprite, or in some places a high priced root beer in a small bottle that always needs a second ,sometimes third bottle.
I do not need all of that caffeine.
Pardon my venting.

Tinkermom07
03-24-2008, 06:53 PM
Thanks everyone! I will certainly be calling and talking to them, we're having a number of celebrations over the course of the trip, and I'm psyched that I will be able to get such goodies! (Thanks for the warning on the no sugar/no fat ice cream, I would've ran for that one!

baby minnie's mommy
03-25-2008, 12:54 PM
I am diabetic, too.I was in WDW last year.I did find some sugar-free goodies, but very little selection.
My gripes were that one of the few treats offered was a strawberry ice cream, and I HATE strawberries,that and the fact that all I could drink was diet Coke.Personally, I am totally fed up with colas.It would be nice, if just once in a while, to be able to get a diet root beer,ginger ale or cherry soda.Every place carries regular sodas in different flavors, but, diabetics are force fed colas, ONLY COLAS.
Pardon my venting.

We understand what you feel! DH is type 2. He avoids certain fruit, such as strawberries, because of their high natural sugar. So juices aren't an option to drink, either.

DH told me that caffeine raises blood sugar levels. We get sugar-free caffeine-free soda at home. And he drinks decaf coffee. He'll drink reg. diet soda if that's all there is. But as soon as we're at the hotel it's back to caffeine-free!

Mrs Bus Driver
03-25-2008, 04:35 PM
My gripes were that one of the few treats offered was a strawberry ice cream, and I HATE strawberries,that and the fact that all I could drink was diet Coke.Personally, I am totally fed up with colas.It would be nice, if just once in a while, to be able to get a diet root beer,ginger ale or cherry soda.Every place carries regular sodas in different flavors, but, diabetics are force fed colas, ONLY COLAS.
Pardon my venting. I totally agree with you on the sodas, some other flavors would be nice. also sugar free lemonade, or even some flavored sugar free waters.:thumbsup: Hello customer service anyone listening :confused:

PETE FROM NYC
03-30-2008, 03:45 PM
I just updated/editted my original reply.