PDA

View Full Version : How many MNNSHP's can there be?????

crazeedizneefinatic
03-23-2008, 04:02 PM
This year we are going a little later in September than usual. We will be arriving the 26th and staying till the 5th. Planning our ADR's I looked at the park schedule for the MK and in the first 5 days we are there 3 of the days are party days! What a jip. We have done the party numerous times and just don't want to be bothered anymore,I know we are in the minority not thinking thle party is fabulous, but it has gotten old, but we may be forced to purchase a ticket just to have the time at the MK. Maybe Disney's plan I am sure?? I am so disappointed since we spend the most time at MK. I see the party is also scheduled for the 2, 3 and 5th of October also. We will miss 6 nights out of our 8 day ticket due to party nights. Boy did we pick a wrong time to go! We went a week before last year and it did not seem there were that many parties! This is going to make ADR's fun.

Duchess99
03-23-2008, 04:44 PM
Why don't you go to MK during the day and then hop to another park at night? You don't have to have a ticket to MNSSHP to go during the day. You just need to be out of the park by 7:30pm (I think) You should be able to get plenty of MK time in. :thumbsup:

gerald72
03-23-2008, 06:21 PM
Why don't you go to MK during the day and then hop to another park at night? You don't have to have a ticket to MNSSHP to go during the day. You just need to be out of the park by 7:30pm (I think) You should be able to get plenty of MK time in

But that forces them to buy the Park Hopper tickets (giving Disney more money). If they had planned to spend most of their time at MK, they probably wouldn't have bought the park hoppers, which probably cost more than MNSSHP.

crazeedizneefinatic
03-24-2008, 12:19 AM
We do actually do the park hoppers, so Disney already gets our money on that. We are not early risers, especially on vacation. We usually get to the parks around 10:30 or so. We also like to head back to the hotel right before dinner for a quick dip and some relaxation. We love the parks at night, it beats the heat of the day. I just was so disappointed when I realized the parties were almost every other day and than 2 nights in a row the 2nd and 3rd of Oct.. I guess we will be spending alot of time at Epcot in the evenings and eating most of our dinners there too. I wonder when they will post the October schedule. I am able to make our ADR's next Sunday so I am hoping by than.

BMan62
03-24-2008, 07:00 AM
Are these parties just attendance 'tweaks?'

I mean, since they are hard ticket events, each person attending is counted as an unique entry, even if they had been in that park earlier in the day. If you just came back using your KTTW card, it is not considered an unique visit since that card had already been registered with the park that day.

Beside the extra money they are bringing in with the price of these tickets, they are adding 20K entries to the park each day they offer the party.

This kind of goes with the 'Is attendance down?' question. It actually may be for normal daily attendance, but the hard ticket events boost it back up.

Tinkerfreak
03-24-2008, 09:49 AM
Don't feel alone. We have also done the Halloween party so many times we decided we did not want to pay the extra money to do it again this year. The only thing I will miss is the parade. I really love that but I will live without it. We planned our trip for Nov. 1 through Nov. 8 just to avoid any of the parties. If they don't do wishes on the nights they have the halloween parties than that will mean you will have to see wishes on the 2 nights there isn't a party during your trip.

DNS
03-24-2008, 11:01 AM
I agree that the best thing would be to spend the day at MK, then hop to another park for the evening. My understanding is that the parties are very popular. I think opinion just depends on whether you want to attend one or not. If you do, it's wonderful that they have plenty of them scheduled so more people get a chance to go, but if you don't want to go to one, it seems a little extreme to have so many and feels like it's cutting into your regular vacation time at MK. I've been on both sides.

Crystal Palace
03-24-2008, 12:17 PM
I agree that it's a jip. They shouldn't even have it at all. At Disneyland the Christmas parades and fireworks are included in the regular ticket, so everyone can enjoy them. Although, they could have changed it since 2004. But that's the way it should be. I'm not about to pay an extra $50 on TOP of my park hopper to see a parade, fireworks, and have a couple cookies. Give me a break!

Tick-Tock
03-30-2008, 04:02 PM
I understand. I was surprised to see how many parties are scheduled in September and October - something like 26 (or almost every other day!). I love MNSSHP, but I think it's excessive.

During our trip at the end of April one night is taken up by P&P party and 2 nights by Grad Nite parties, leaving us only 2 nights to enjoy Wishes. My big gripe is that everyone else there that weekend is in the same basket, so it's probably going to be crowded at MK on both those nights. Guess that's the price to pay for going that weekend, but I can't say I'm sorry they're moving Grad Nites to DHS.

Bringonthemouse!
03-30-2008, 06:59 PM
I had the same problem last Dec. with MVMCP. We ended up trying the MK on a Sat. night. Big mistake, people everywhere!!!. We chose this time of year to go because attendance is "low". We were very disappointed by how many evenings the Christmas party was being held. We bought tickets for one night and that was enough. Great concept, too much money on an already pricey vacation for a single mom.
So I agree, lighten up on the number of evenings the MK is off limits due to seasonal parties!!!

TheRustyScupper
03-30-2008, 08:26 PM
. . . Planning our ADR's I looked at the park schedule for the MK and in the first 5 days we are there 3 of the days are party days! What a jip . . .

1) I agree, it can be a jip.

EDIT: Let us not forget the math and profit involved for WDW. Even for the underperforming P&PP. They got your daily ticket earlier in the day. Now, they got you for a hard ticket. Two admissions for the same guest. Pretty smooth! Even with th underperforming P&PP, the manpower is already paid, so any hard ticket is almost pure profit.

Disneyatic
03-31-2008, 03:31 PM
That many parties in a week is a bit irritating when the park closes at 7 and you lose that valuable park time if you don't buy the extra hard ticket.
I guess they have a great turn out to schedule that many nights, but it seems like 2 or 3 nights a week would be good and still give other guests an opportunity to enjoy the parks at night with their regular tickets.
They probably justify it by it being only the MK that is closed and that leaves at least 2 other parks open during the night for you to "enjoy". :secret: MK is my favorite, especially at night so that would bum me out as well.

Crystal Palace
03-31-2008, 03:46 PM
I guess they have a great turn out to schedule that many nights, but it seems like 2 or 3 nights a week would be good and still give other guests an opportunity to enjoy the parks at night with their regular tickets.

I agree 100%. Two or three nights a week would be plenty. Seven o'clock is just waaaaay too early to leave the Magic Kingdom!;)

caryrae
03-31-2008, 06:05 PM
This year we are going a little later in September than usual. We will be arriving the 26th and staying till the 5th. Planning our ADR's I looked at the park schedule for the MK and in the first 5 days we are there 3 of the days are party days! What a jip. We have done the party numerous times and just don't want to be bothered anymore,I know we are in the minority not thinking thle party is fabulous, but it has gotten old, but we may be forced to purchase a ticket just to have the time at the MK. Maybe Disney's plan I am sure?? I am so disappointed since we spend the most time at MK. I see the party is also scheduled for the 2, 3 and 5th of October also. We will miss 6 nights out of our 8 day ticket due to party nights. Boy did we pick a wrong time to go! We went a week before last year and it did not seem there were that many parties! This is going to make ADR's fun.

How many days/nights did you want to visit MK? From what I can tell you have 4 days during your visit that there is no MNSSHP, Sept 27th and 29th and Oct 1st and 4th. Not sure what time you arrive and leave but the 8 full days you are there half the days have parties and half don't. Also the 27th is the only day MK is open until Midnight for Sept and the 29th is a evening EMH so you could stay that day til Midnight again. So there is 2 good days to go to MK that the MNSSHP are not going on.

kathiep
04-09-2008, 08:05 PM
We went to the Halloween party last year and we had a terrific time. But it was something that we simply decided we didn't want to do again this year - for several reasons including the extra cost.

We check in on th 19th. I too was surprised at how many times this event is scheduled.

And yes, there are several days during my stay that it is not scheduled. But I would prefer to not plan my entire vacation itinerary around MNSSHP. :(