PDA

View Full Version : Disney Guest Relations at it's best!

chicklittlemom
03-23-2008, 12:53 PM
Thought I would share my happiness with Disney Guest Relations! My experience yesterday has left me thrilled with Disney again...

It's a bit of a long story, but I'm going to keep it as brief as I can. I spoke with WD Travel Co on Friday night and had a very frustrating and difficult experience. I kept getting transferred around- I spoke with 8 different CM's! :bang: And I was getting no where...At one point, one CM and her manager were on the phone at the same time with me and started to get into a tif with each other! I felt like saying, "Hello! I'm still on the line...remember me?":sadwave:

Anyway, they finally transferred me to Guest Relations and I spoke with a wonderful woman there. I told her my story for the ninth time. I had been told something by a CM and was now being told it was not true. Basically, my word against theirs....She was polite and calming and told me that she would look into the issue that I had and get back with me in 5 days or less. I hung up the phone thinking that I probably wouldn't hear anything. And definitely did not believe anything could be done about the problem.

Well, yesterday the phone rang. And there was my wonderful Guest Relations CM. She had located the phone conversation and in listening to it, found that I had been told this. She was just as excited about resolving this as I was! And she called back in less that 24 hrs.! She went so far above and beyond for me!

Wanted to tell everyone about this, because sometimes we only hear the bad. Again, it just goes to show why I love Disney and its Magic. I know I would not have gotten this service with other destinations.
BTW....I am sending off an email to her management so they will hopefully recognize her!

Blueeyes_two
03-23-2008, 01:49 PM
I have had the same experience:number1: - i ahve found that some of the GRelations are very very knowledgable and others - -while always polite - -are just there to answer your questions and get off the phone with you.
I have called about 8 times in the last 2 weeks with questions and changes about different things and have spoken to 8 different people - out of all of them i remember 3 people that were amazing - -so it pays off to keep calling until you get someone that wants to spend the time with your situation and questions - -it makes you feel better and you get your questions answered.

biodtl
03-23-2008, 02:19 PM
Before our last trip, I called to ask a question about and purchase MNSSHP tix. The CM I spoke to was incredibly rude - when I tried to ask her a couple questions about other things, she refused to answer because I had booked through AAA.

I tried to explain that I didn't want anything regarding my reservation, but I needed some info on making ADRs, etc, but she refused to help me. It definitly put a damper on my 180 day excitement. I hung up and called back and got a different, very nice CM. She helped me and listened to my story about the mean CM.

A few days later, I got a call from Audra at Disney asking about the problem and apologizing. Fast forward to months later, we returned to our room after our 1st day in the park and there were plastic Mickey jack-o-lanterns filled with candy and treats, plus a halloween Mickey and Minnie and balloons for DS and DD, signed Audra.

I never expected anything like that (and wouldn't expect it again)- I was just glad to have someone listen and understand my complaint. But it made our trip.

BluewaterBrad
03-23-2008, 04:02 PM
Thats Disney!!:mickey:

Bringonthemouse!
03-23-2008, 04:15 PM
It's nice to see people noting positive experiences!
:thumbsup:
Keep it up!

cal5755
03-23-2008, 04:43 PM
I am so glad you had a great experience after all that drama!! Thanks for sharing with us too!!

When I made my ADR's over a week ago I was all excited to be calling... well my CM Misty Rose was less than enthused about making ADR's for my grand gathering. After making the first 2 reservation with hemming and hawwing I told her I thought that would be enough for that day... then I hung up and called back and got a very helpful and happy CM named Joe. I made the rest of the ADR's with him. I would rather talk to a cm as excited as me about Disney.

I have never really had a RUDE cm more like a "I'd rather be doing something else" cm's.

chicklittlemom
03-23-2008, 06:19 PM
I made the rest of the ADR's with him. I would rather talk to a cm as excited as me about Disney.

I have never really had a RUDE cm more like a "I'd rather be doing something else" cm's.

This is so true!:number1: I've had a few of the "I'd rather" types, but for the most part, I've had really good CM's. Even the CM I talked with and got the misinformation from was great at her job and acted very excited. Not faulting her...just didn't like being told I was wrong :confused:

But all is well now....My excitement level has gone from :unsure: back to :minnie:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-24-2008, 09:08 PM
It's great to know that there are companies that still believe in customer service. I'm sure they hear a LOT of complaints so it's nice to know that they are willing to believe the customer/guest and go back and check into the situation. And better yet, resolve it!