PDA

View Full Version : Can I do this?

Daisy712
03-23-2008, 11:38 AM
We have an ADR for Sci Fi :alien:for 8:25 pm. I know, I know, but the kids love the place. The problem being that DHS closes at 8:00 pm that night and Fantasmic is at 8:30 pm. Will we be able to have a relaxing dinner and not rush and still make the bus back to Pop Century?

Thanks for your help.

offwego
03-23-2008, 11:48 AM
Is it an EMH night by chance?

Fantasmic is roughly a 30 minute show and it does take some time to empty out so I don't think you'll have a problem. buses normally run for at least an hour after the last show ends.

Jared
03-23-2008, 12:44 PM
We have an ADR for Sci Fi :alien:for 8:25 pm. I know, I know, but the kids love the place. The problem being that DHS closes at 8:00 pm that night and Fantasmic is at 8:30 pm. Will we be able to have a relaxing dinner and not rush and still make the bus back to Pop Century?

Thanks for your help.
Don't worry! You will be able to get back to your resort! The buses will continue to run until at least 10 p.m., if not even later. Fantasmic! will end around 9, and it takes at least 15 or 20 minutes to empty the theater. Go enjoy your dinner.

:tasty:

#1donaldfan
03-23-2008, 01:46 PM
I don't think Disney will stand you there....but if they do, I'm sure there is a vacancy at the Hollywood Towers........??????:thedolls:

LudwigVonDrake
03-23-2008, 03:32 PM
You'll be fine. Enjoy your dinner :eat:

SBETigg
03-23-2008, 03:40 PM
Not only will you be fine, but how fun to enjoy a nice dinner and not be rushing to get out with the crowds. It's a great plan. Enjoy!

Flash
03-23-2008, 05:36 PM
Hey??!??! When did you make that ADR? Did I miss that?:scratch:

LandFan
03-23-2008, 06:26 PM
Don't worry about making the busses! We had a really late ADR at Le Cellier two trips ago and were one of the last two couples in the restaurant. Our seating time wasn't even until 8:50pm or so! Epcot was closing at 9pm as usual. When it got down to just us two couples, some security guys came over to our table and asked which resort we were staying at. We said Pop and they said "No problem, finish your meal and enjoy. When you are finished just walk out the front of the park to your normal bus station and we will have a bus there to take you back to the resort" So we had a bus all to ourselves! It was kind of weird walking out through Epcot when it was TRULY deserted around 10:30pm. You could see the occasional security guard discreetly hanging around and radioing ahead that we were on our way to the busses. It was pretty neat.

So don't worry, they will get you home!:D

Daisy712
03-23-2008, 09:18 PM
Hey Flash,

I made the ADR for Sunday night. I had forgotten that it was a dream of my DD. I know everyone in my party is going to have a great time and we will get to just stroll out of the park that night. Doesn't that sound like fun?:cloud9:

Flash
03-23-2008, 09:23 PM
Ah Dreams! Great idea Cuz! I love strolling. :thumbsup:

Daisy712
03-23-2008, 09:29 PM
Now we have San Angel and Sci Fi on Sunday,
Liberty Tree Tavern for Tuesday and Crystal Palace on Thursday, plus the tasting around the world. :pirate: Do you know of any other that we should reserve?:pirate: