Monday-Mama Melrose's
Tuesday-Concourse Steakhouse
Wednesday-Rainforest Cafe
Thursday-50's Prime time Cafe
Friday-No ADR. Planning on ESPN Club.

LandFan
03-22-2008, 09:04 PM
Some fun choices!

There are only two suggestions I would make... Check to see if you have a Rainforest cafe around you (there is one in New Jersey that I know of off hand) because they are a chain restaurant (in around 15 states) and you may prefer to use your meal at a restaurant that you can't visit outside of Disney World. In all honesty, they have pretty mediocre food but a really neat atmosphere. Boma might be a nice alternative should you change your mind.

My second suggestion might be to rethink Tony's and do Liberty Tree Tavern instead if you want to stay inside Magic Kingdom. We have eaten at both a few times and LTT is MUCH better than Tony's. We were disappointed once again with Tony's this past November.

Just some opinions if you care to ponder them :D

crazygoalie39
03-22-2008, 09:52 PM
Thanks for the input. We actually don't have a Rainforest Cafe anywhere near us so we thought we would try that since we've never been. Also, we had a reservation for LTT but we changed it to the Plaza because we have some picky eaters in our family (including me:blush:). I also have a nut allergy and I think I would feel more comfortable in places without a buffet.

LandFan
03-22-2008, 10:20 PM
Any time:thumbsup:

If you haven't eaten at Rainforest, it is really neat the first time!

Natazu
03-23-2008, 02:10 AM
50s is fun with pretty good food and Concourse is excellent, one of the best non-signature restaurants at WDW.

Plaza is someplace I think of as "when I can't get and ADR anywhere" restaurant. It's not bad, just well, plain. I'd rather hit a counter service place and save the TS credit for a Signature Meal at a really nice place.

With Mama's and Tony's, just don't expect too much out of Disney Italian - like expensive Olive Gardens.

I agree with LandFan (good to see you posting BTW) about Rainforest and Tony's, maybe skip Tony's for LTT or even one of the other great Monorail resort restaurants like Kona or Grand Floridian Cafe (same with Plaza).

luvdiznee
03-23-2008, 10:07 AM
Can only help with Concourse and Rainforest, but had great meals at both. Planning to do 50's on our upcoming trip, so that will be a new experience for us. :mickey:

LudwigVonDrake
03-23-2008, 11:16 AM
I've never eaten at the Plaza. How is it?

lightyearfan
03-23-2008, 11:32 AM
you have some great choices, me and dw have several of the same ADR'S on our upcoming trip,if you would like to see them goto 300th post on final adr's thread i think that it's on pg2 or 3, anyway if i had to knock 1 out it would be Mama Melrose, we ate there for the Fantasmic dinner package and except for our apts , the entres were just awful,, it was like eating a bowl of garlic, so if you or anyone in your party doesnt mind hawking garlic breath:D, you should be ok, i mean it's that overpowering.

Enjoy your trip and good eating,
Victor

lightyearfan
03-23-2008, 11:36 AM
I've never eaten at the Plaza. How is it?

me and dw have eaten at the Plaza on every trip down to WDW, this is 1 of the best spots if you want to enjoy a nice burger, they do have other things obviously so it's just not a "burger place", they offer great sandwiches, and they have really nice deserts, if you are goin down and never eaten at the Plaza i suggest that you make an ADR and enjoy yourself, you won't be disappointed,

VIctor

jakeybake
03-23-2008, 11:54 AM
My favorite of the choices is the ESPN Club. :thumbsup:

Jared
03-23-2008, 12:38 PM
50s is fun with pretty good food and Concourse is excellent, one of the best non-signature restaurants at WDW.

Plaza is someplace I think of as "when I can't get and ADR anywhere" restaurant. It's not bad, just well, plain. I'd rather hit a counter service place and save the TS credit for a Signature Meal at a really nice place.

With Mama's and Tony's, just don't expect too much out of Disney Italian - like expensive Olive Gardens.

I agree with LandFan (good to see you posting BTW) about Rainforest and Tony's, maybe skip Tony's for LTT or even one of the other great Monorail resort restaurants like Kona or Grand Floridian Cafe (same with Plaza).
Shockingly, I agree with virtually everything Jym said, but I like Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano more than most. Generally, I recommend avoiding Disney's Italian food, but my family has had two consecutive good experiences there.

Your post implied Liberty Tree Tavern is a buffet. It isn't. For lunch, it is a traditional table service location, and dinner is a Thanksgiving feast served family-style. It's my favorite restaurant in the Magic Kingdom, and I strongly recommend it over Tony's Town Square and The Plaza Restaurant. Even if Liberty Tree Tavern does not suit your group, take Jym's advice and try one of the restaurants at the monorail resorts like Kona Cafe, which is one of my absolute favorite restaurants in Disney.

:tasty: