PDA

View Full Version : Family Restrooms?

DisneyEpcotDad
03-22-2008, 06:42 PM
Disney Epcot Dad is taking a 7 year old niece to DW in June along with a 10 year old nephew. I am the only chaperone! My primary worry is how to handle restroom stops. :blush: What has your experience been when you've been with a small child of the opposite gender? She is a smart 7 year old, but these days you worry about safety of kids anywhere.

Hull-onian
03-22-2008, 07:09 PM
HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS:
There is a family restroom next to Rock'n Roller Coaster in Hollywood Studios.
Near the entrance on left, near kennel. Sounds Dangerous. Journey into Narnia or next to Walt Disney-One Man's Dream. There is a family one just past the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror/or just before you reach Fantasmic.

EPCOT:
Behind the Electric Umbrella Restaurant.
Next to Club Cool-Heading towards The Land.
On the left side of Spaceship Earth.
Near the entrance of Worldshowcase in Odyssey on your left.
Near LeCellier (Canada) on your right.
Next to Morocco, next to Italy, next to Norway.

Animal Kingdom:
There is one in Dino Land at AK.
Near Tusker House AK.
Near Kali Rapid River in Asia.
There is also one after Pizzafari on your left.
MAGIC KINGDOM:
Okay, MK, Near the Crystal Palace.
Near Space Mountain.
Right at WDRailroad Station.
Hope that this helps you. You can send for some maps of the parks, it is very helpful.:tiphat:

DisneyEpcotDad
03-22-2008, 09:18 PM
:thumbsup: Thanks for the information.:mickey:

crazypoohbear
03-23-2008, 10:12 AM
at 7 years old,in an emergency I would bring her into the men's room with you. Just keep close guard on her, walk her right to a stall and then wash up and right out. Try to keep between her and her line of sight to the urinals if at all possible.
I use to bring my son's into the ladies room when they were that age and we were in uncharted territory. but I would think there would be more obstacles in bringing a young female into a male bathroom as opposed to bringing a young male into a female bathroom
Best of luck to you on your trip.

SgtTigger
03-23-2008, 10:40 AM
In Magic Kingdom
also right behind Pirates the have a family bathroom in the middle of the other 2.....

:cop: :tigger:

DisneyDog
03-24-2008, 02:07 PM
You could also go into the babycare stations. They have very nice bathrooms in there, and she could go in by herself, but you wait right outside the door. The babycare stations are usually pretty quiet.

dory is here
03-27-2008, 08:07 PM
seems like most have a small companion restroom take her there

Harley-Davidson_Guy
03-27-2008, 09:30 PM
:thumbsup: I LOVE the family bathrooms. I used to use them all the time when the kids were small. My son has a favorite...the one just before you get to ToT. I would personally use those and let her go in by herself and you wait outside the door. Then when you have to go have your 10 year old wait with her with instructions to lean against the outside of the door while you go.
:mickey: I am very pleased with Disney putting those bathrooms everywhere. I used to have my son go in to the womens bathroom too and though some people would give looks I would have to think those are the people who do not have kids. It's not like we are naked in there!!! You see a lot less in a womans bathroom than you could in a mens. Besides the family bathrooms are usually clean.
P.S. This is Harley-Davidson_Gal not Guy! That whole speel about the womens bathroom really sounded weird if that were from my DH.

DisneyEpcotDad
04-27-2008, 10:01 PM
Thanks for all the tips. This was the one part of the vacation I was most worried about!:mickey:

wdw_bound
04-27-2008, 11:38 PM
Having one of each makes it more complicated :secret:

The family bathrooms offer no privacy, but what you can do is allow her to go in by herself and stand outside the door. At that age, I wouldn't really have a problem with my daughter going to the ladies by herself, so long as I (or her dad) were right outside the door.

If it is you who needs to go on the other hand... having both kids wait together for you is your best bet.

We ran into a similar problem last fall when DH started taking DD9 to college football games. He did NOT want her in the mens room (let's just say there weren't individual stands). He would take her to the ladies and stand outside the door - got some pretty funny looks until folks realized what was going on :blush:

I second the suggestion of the Babycare centers - the bathrooms are well supervised, and not very crowded. They really are your best bet.

What a great Uncle you are!