PDA

View Full Version : Yet another free dining rumor

Wells
03-22-2008, 04:27 PM
You didn't hear this from me :secret: but I think there may be an announcemont about free dining in September in the next couple of weeks.....maybe about April 10th or so.......
More later:secret:

Jodi
03-22-2008, 07:20 PM
Inquirying minds must ask, IF the rumor is true, would it begin in September or would it include that last week of August? We have been lucky enough to have the free dining the last 2 years that we went and are hoping for the best this time too. We will be arriving on Aug. 22nd, 2008. Here's to hoping !!

BrowncatP
03-22-2008, 07:48 PM
FREE FOOD-Free Food Please. I enjoyed eating the food in 2006, and hope to have it again this year. Free food just tastes better!!

tjstrike
03-23-2008, 12:18 AM
I haven't checked into it yet but I received an email the other day that AP holders are going to get a discount on the DDP with a resort stay. Anybody followed through with this yet ?

tltcats
03-24-2008, 04:50 AM
I've been going to Disney for years, but have never taken advantage of the free dining. I'm looking for someone who has experience with it from past years. If I make a reservation for September now and the free dining is announced in a few weeks (IF....) will I be able to take advantage of free dining, or does it only apply to limited rooms and/or reservations made AFTER the announcement?

auntfrannie
03-24-2008, 06:28 AM
tltcats, I know that when I book through Magical Journeys they automatically move my reservation to get the most current offer. I'm not sure what happens if you go through disney reservations directly if you would have to call back to have your reservation switched.

I've always found it much easier to go through MJ rather than trying to beat the phones to get the best rates.

hunter1211
03-24-2008, 10:16 AM
I have never done the Free Dining Either, but what I have heard is that most people can book it and switch over if there are rooms for that same resort for that promotion. If you have to switch resorts, they have to cancel one ressie and book the other. (A few people said they didn't have to though, even switching resorts. I am not sure about that, though.)

The free dining goes based on how booked that hotel is. So, like WL is usually pretty booked. That might be harder to get a room with Free Dining (no matter if you booked before the offer comes out or not.) than maybe AKL. Same with each category. Some Values and/or book up more than others.

Some people say that the more people that book before the promotion that less rooms will then be offered for each hotel.

Since I am just basing it on what other people said and not personal experience, than I can't really tell you what I would suggest. I guess just do what you feel most comfortable with doing. (I am still undecided as to when to book mine too. lol )

hlkeck
03-24-2008, 10:35 AM
I booked my Sept 07 trip in maybe january 07 and was moved to the free dining plan as soon as it came out. My rep knew that I wanted it and she kept an eye out for it - and does for all of her clients.

Additionally, I did look into the AP discount on dining, and it's 30% off of the DDP with a booked room reservation. Since, I'm also DVC, I was not eligible to purchase the discounted plan, which is no fun.

However, we ended up paying $670 for the DDP and with the 5 sit-down meals we got ADRs for - that alone would cost us $590 after eligible discounts thru AP or DVC, so I figure the 7 snacks and 7 counter-services we will also get each - we definitely save money on the DDP, even if we can't get it free. :(

Mickey91
03-24-2008, 11:22 PM
Inquirying minds must ask, IF the rumor is true, would it begin in September or would it include that last week of August? We have been lucky enough to have the free dining the last 2 years that we went and are hoping for the best this time too. We will be arriving on Aug. 22nd, 2008. Here's to hoping !!
I'm not sure what day it starts on, but when we signed up for the bounceback offer in Sept '07(free dining in Sept '08 if we booked before we checked out) It included some days in Aug. We were going again in Sept so I'm not sure what the first Aug date was. I do know it was not sooner than the last week. Hope this helps a little.:mickey: