PDA

View Full Version : iPod docks in rooms?

brewcrew26
03-22-2008, 10:16 AM
Just wondering if any of the hotels (particularly CBR since that's where we're staying this trip) have iClocks or something similar where we can hook up our iPods to charge and play music? I know I've been to other hotels (not Disney-owned) that have those have standard features now.

Curious because I have some fun Disney playlists that would be cool to wake up to while on vacation. :mickey:

Seasonscraps
03-22-2008, 10:32 AM
No, they have regular alarm clock radios.

dumbo ears
03-22-2008, 12:15 PM
I dont think there is anywhere to charge your ipod in the room unless u bring your own stuff

Volunteer
03-22-2008, 01:03 PM
I was at CBR in September last year, and they didn't have anything like this. Sorry! That would be nice though :)

JPL
03-22-2008, 01:34 PM
Some of the rooms are starting to get Alarm Clocks with iPod Docks other have MP3 player compatitable Alarm Clocks. I know they had them at Pop Century and OKW in January. I know the plan was to upgrade them with the docks but the alarm clocks with docks are too big for the tables they have now.

TammiMcMan
03-22-2008, 02:18 PM
The GF was recently renovated and they have the IPOD clocks in their rooms now.

buzz2001
03-22-2008, 02:21 PM
CSR has an alarm clock that will play your iPod music but it isn't a docking station. See pics below. Only the deluxes have the docking stations.

http://i25.tinypic.com/2vcujv4.jpg

http://i26.tinypic.com/2j0f2mr.jpg

PhilHarHarMagic
03-22-2008, 02:33 PM
The clock we had in our room at Pop was similar to the one in the picture above. It had a wire to connect to the plug on an iPod (or other device), but wasn't capable of charging a device.

kakn7294
03-22-2008, 03:02 PM
CSR has an alarm clock that will play your iPod music but it isn't a docking station. See pics below. Only the deluxes have the docking stations.Okay, I'm a little behind the times when it comes to iPods and MP3 players. DH has an MP3 (Sony) and DD's each have a Disney Mix Max. They all connect to the computer by the USB ports. How do they connect to the MP3 clock in CSR? I assume it's by a USB port and I'll have to bring the USB cable but I'm not sure!

JPL
03-22-2008, 03:27 PM
They connect using the headphone jack :thumbsup:

brewcrew26
03-22-2008, 07:32 PM
Thanks for the updates everyone! I'll be sure to keep that in mind for the future. I figure since everyone seems to have an mp3 player these days and Disney even makes their own, it would only seem fitting to have them in their rooms.

It's doubtful, but I'll keep an eye out in a few weeks to see if anything has changed at the moderates yet and report to let all you technies know!

Volunteer
03-22-2008, 09:14 PM
I'll be at ASMus next week, I'll keep an eye out for these as well:thumbsup:

DisneyFreak23
03-23-2008, 09:09 PM
Does anyone know about poly having one of these?

Disnamic Duo
03-24-2008, 10:10 AM
We stayed at the CR in Jan, and we had one with an iPod dock in our room.

TheRustyScupper
03-24-2008, 11:58 AM
1) I just gotta get up on the times.
2) I know ipod, because the wife uses one.
3) But, an ipod dock?
4) Is it
. . . a shipping/receiving location for Japanese goods?
. . . a physician for seed ipeople (night of the living ipods)?
. . . a drive-thru place for ipod-beer?
. . . a payroll deduction for showing up late due to ipods?

brewcrew26
03-24-2008, 12:46 PM
3) But, an ipod dock?
4) Is it

:rotfl:

I'm sure someone else will have a better description of what it is but essentially a "dock" is a way to charge your iPod instead of using your computer and a USB port.

There are now alarm clocks and other devices that you can hook your ipod or mp3 player to that charge them but you can also listen to them with external speakers as opposed to using the headphones.

That's a realllly brief explanation, someone else may be able to better illustrate the point. But, I'd be interested to see a zombie movie like Night of the Living iPod. I think it would be a huge moneymaker for Steve Jobs!

kakn7294
03-24-2008, 05:34 PM
They connect using the headphone jack :thumbsup:Thanks Jeff. Now the problem is that I don't have a headphone type cable. Oh wait, the kids have and iDog and iCat - I think those have cables! (See, I told you I know nothing about these things!) I'll have to go ask my kids.

McGoofy
03-25-2008, 12:59 AM
When we went in December, we stayed at POR. While we were there, we came back to our room one afternoon and my DH noticed that our alarm clock had been changed out while we were gone. It was changed to one like an above poster pictured. When we went back in February, we stayed at CSR. We had the new alarm clock in our room there. I plugged my ipod in and fell asleep listening to my Disney Fairy Tale wedding instrumental music!:cloud9: Perhaps, they are in the process of changing the alarm clocks at all the resorts.

magicofdisney
03-25-2008, 02:04 PM
3) But, an ipod dock?
4) Is it
I thought it was the launch area for the iPodoos?