PDA

View Full Version : First Kidani units declared!

Horizon93
03-21-2008, 07:07 PM
On the Orange County Comptroller's site, new the first units have been declared in Kidani Village. Units 64A, B, C, and D have all been declared. That means that DVC can now sell those points to members.

lockedoutlogic
03-22-2008, 08:22 AM
On the Orange County Comptroller's site, new the first units have been declared in Kidani Village. Units 64A, B, C, and D have all been declared. That means that DVC can now sell those points to members.

ok...that means more people who can buy DVC for units they can't stay in yet....

To be honest...I wish they couldn't sell them until they were open....it's better for existing members.....

I will be interested to see the new building when it opens though....should make AKL a much more attractive resort overall...even if the new pool is in the parking lot:thedolls:

Horizon93
03-22-2008, 09:06 AM
ok...that means more people who can buy DVC for units they can't stay in yet....

To be honest...I wish they couldn't sell them until they were open....it's better for existing members.....

I will be interested to see the new building when it opens though....should make AKL a much more attractive resort overall...even if the new pool is in the parking lot:thedolls:

I agree that Kidani will make AKV an even more appealing resort.

I hadn't thought about the pool and the parking. That is interesting. I do know that there will be parking under the building as well.

I am looking at the declaring of these units as a positive sign that sections of Kidani will open sooner than the Spring of 2009.

DVC Mike
03-22-2008, 09:10 AM

It doesn't impact current members at all. When somebuy buys into Kidani Village, they are given an expected occupancy date. They can't use their DVC points at any DVC resort until their occupany date.

It will be interesting to see what the initial occupancy date will be for the Kidani units.

lockedoutlogic
03-22-2008, 09:39 AM
It doesn't impact current members at all. When somebuy buys into Kidani Village, they are given an expected occupancy date. They can't use their DVC points at any DVC resort until their occupany date.

It will be interesting to see what the initial occupancy date will be for the Kidani units.

that's true...except if you take an additional points incentive...they let you use those right away.....

they always have some way you can book 10 minutes after you sign the deed.....why wouldn't they?

Horizon93
03-22-2008, 10:15 AM
that's true...except if you take an additional points incentive...they let you use those right away.....

they always have some way you can book 10 minutes after you sign the deed.....why wouldn't they?

I don't think that there are any developer point incentives currently. I might be wrong, though.

I am also curious as to what the projected occupancy date will be.

lockedoutlogic
03-22-2008, 05:12 PM
I don't think that there are any developer point incentives currently. I might be wrong, though.

I am also curious as to what the projected occupancy date will be.

I was thinking about this more....since there are 150 "jambo" units already occupied...how could they refuse to allow anyone with an AKV purchase to book rooms....

i don't believe that there are separate contracts for each building.....so it couldn't be a presale....it's all one location...

perhaps I'm wrong....if not....then the original thought applies...

DVC Mike
03-22-2008, 07:32 PM
I was thinking about this more....since there are 150 "jambo" units already occupied...how could they refuse to allow anyone with an AKV purchase to book rooms....

i don't believe that there are separate contracts for each building.....so it couldn't be a presale....it's all one location...

It has nothing to do with AKV. This is part of the DVC POS and is enforced on all the resorts.

DVC can sell you a unit in Kidani Village that has been declared into the association but the occupancy date is in the future. The DVC member who owns points in that unit can only use those points to book reservations that begin after the occupany date.

This applied to SSR and all previous DVC resorts.

lockedoutlogic
03-23-2008, 12:04 PM
It has nothing to do with AKV. This is part of the DVC POS and is enforced on all the resorts.

DVC can sell you a unit in Kidani Village that has been declared into the association but the occupancy date is in the future. The DVC member who owns points in that unit can only use those points to book reservations that begin after the occupany date.

This applied to SSR and all previous DVC resorts.

Thanks for the clarification....though i'm sure now that they must give greater incentives under that scenario....

why would someone buy a timeshare that is part of an existing system that they can't use for over a year?

The only way is if they cut deals.....which they do....or the buyer just doens't realize what's going on...

Nobody can be naive enough to think that they will sell out or anything? there is always ample opportunity to join...at least until Contemporary...maybe

DVC Mike
03-24-2008, 12:32 PM
Thanks for the clarification....though i'm sure now that they must give greater incentives under that scenario....

why would someone buy a timeshare that is part of an existing system that they can't use for over a year?

DVC has begun selling AKV points for units at Kidani Village, which is currently under construction. With Kidani Village still about a year away from opening, people who purchase Kidani points can’t legally use them until their unit’s occupancy date (i.e., when people can begin staying in it).

So DVC has come up with a new incentive. People who purchase AKV points for units at Kidani Village are being given an equal number of Developer's Points for use immediately at SSR or for an Interval International exchange (World Passport Collection). These developer's points expire one year from their issue and cannot be banked.

Also, annual dues payments will not begin until 2009 when Kidani Village opens.

Horizon93
03-24-2008, 03:33 PM
DVC has begun selling AKV points for units at Kidani Village, which is currently under construction. With Kidani Village still about a year away from opening, people who purchase Kidani points can’t legally use them until their unit’s occupancy date (i.e., when people can begin staying in it).

So DVC has come up with a new incentive. People who purchase AKV points for units at Kidani Village are being given an equal number of Developer's Points for use immediately at SSR or for an Interval International exchange (World Passport Collection). These developer's points expire one year from their issue and cannot be banked.

Also, annual dues payments will not begin until 2009 when Kidani Village opens.

Thanks for the info Mike. That sounds like it benefits the buyer without violating the POS. I do thinkk that declaring these units is a sign that Kidani could be open sooner than early 2009.

DVC Mike
03-24-2008, 05:01 PM
Thanks for the info Mike. That sounds like it benefits the buyer without violating the POS. I do thinkk that declaring these units is a sign that Kidani could be open sooner than early 2009.

Folks who just bought points for units at Kidani are reporting their paperwork has May 1, 2009 as the expected occupany date of their units. Since we know these units are not in the buildings that are the farthest along, construction wise, Kidani will open no later than, and probably prior to, May 1. Taking this news with the DVC announcement about the temporary closure of the Sunset savanna to animals, and the end of the 1st quarter of 2009 is a possibility. Maybe sooner!

lockedoutlogic
03-24-2008, 11:43 PM
That sounds reasonable.....

but you understand....that makes my initial concern of overtaxing the system even more valid and applicable.....

just a worry that DVC will very shortly become "home only....unless you get lucky or go in bad economic times or dead travel times....."

hope i don't end up owning a piece of that magic

Maleficent's Dad
03-25-2008, 10:15 AM
I've been following this thread with interest... DVC really seems to be doing well in terms of sales. Good for them - not so sure it's great for the membership, however. :unsure:

but you understand....that makes my initial concern of overtaxing the system even more valid and applicable.....

just a worry that DVC will very shortly become "home only....unless you get lucky or go in bad economic times or dead travel times....."

hope i don't end up owning a piece of that magic
My point exactly.
DVC still sells itself as membership being able to stay in any of the DVC resorts; and while that is technically still the case, it's becoming harder and harder to justify this "sale's pitch" in my opinion.
More and more memberships = greater competition for more desireable properties... We've read/debated the whole "wait-list" thing, with some getting in and others not. I know, it depends on the time of the year, where you want to stay, etc..., but the reality of it is simple - it's harder and harder to stay in "any of the DVC resorts."
I have points at both BWV and SSR. And while I like SSR, it's certainly not as "desireable" (at least to my family) as, let's say, the BWV or BCV.

I'm guessing/hoping that the AKLV and the *assumed* Contemporary DVC Tower will help alleviate that problem - but with new DVC resorts comes a greater number of members.

Guess you go back to the basics - buy where you want to stay.
I just wish DVC wouldn't sell themselves as membership being able to stay wherever they want, because it's simply not true any longer.

lockedoutlogic
03-25-2008, 08:12 PM
I've been following this thread with interest... DVC really seems to be doing well in terms of sales. Good for them - not so sure it's great for the membership, however. :unsure:

My point exactly.
DVC still sells itself as membership being able to stay in any of the DVC resorts; and while that is technically still the case, it's becoming harder and harder to justify this "sale's pitch" in my opinion.
More and more memberships = greater competition for more desireable properties... We've read/debated the whole "wait-list" thing, with some getting in and others not. I know, it depends on the time of the year, where you want to stay, etc..., but the reality of it is simple - it's harder and harder to stay in "any of the DVC resorts."
I have points at both BWV and SSR. And while I like SSR, it's certainly not as "desireable" (at least to my family) as, let's say, the BWV or BCV.

I'm guessing/hoping that the AKLV and the *assumed* Contemporary DVC Tower will help alleviate that problem - but with new DVC resorts comes a greater number of members.

Guess you go back to the basics - buy where you want to stay.
I just wish DVC wouldn't sell themselves as membership being able to stay wherever they want, because it's simply not true any longer.

Completely agree....

my hope is that as they build newer locations....some will turn away from the "older" ones.....

I'll take an "older" Beach Club, Boardwalk, or Wilderness Lodge anyday

Horizon93
03-25-2008, 09:58 PM
Completely agree....

my hope is that as they build newer locations....some will turn away from the "older" ones.....

I'll take an "older" Beach Club, Boardwalk, or Wilderness Lodge any day

I do think it comes down to how popular AKV and potentially KTV are. If they truly become destinations that are very desirable, it will take the heat off some of the other "popular" resorts. If they don't wow members, I agree that the new resorts will be a problem for members.

As an AKV owner, I of course, am banking on it being a phenomenal resort. I hope that i am not disappointed.

lockedoutlogic
03-26-2008, 03:05 AM
I do think it comes down to how popular AKV and potentially KTV are. If they truly become destinations that are very desirable, it will take the heat off some of the other "popular" resorts. If they don't wow members, I agree that the new resorts will be a problem for members.

As an AKV owner, I of course, am banking on it being a phenomenal resort. I hope that i am not disappointed.

I hate to tell you....but animal kingdom isn't going to set any kind of records for demand....

It will be great....but many will stay away and it will become more readily available....just as saratoga and old key west are now....once the new building is completed

Animal Kingdom Lodge has never been a big hit....i just don't believe that travelers like the "feel" of it as much as the other locations

the contemporary will sell out so quickly it will set the record....only to be broken when they eventually build something at polynesian....and there will be a line down the block to get into the place