PDA

View Full Version : I am suppose to make my ADR's on Sunday but...

IC10
03-21-2008, 06:22 PM
This is the situation my DS15 has applied to the Alabama School of Math and Science next fall this is a boarding school. He is a semi-fianlist with his last interview this Saturday. If he gets in he will not get to go to WDW with us :( we will know the first week of April or so but there is myself, DH, my mother and father and DD13 and MAYBE (lets hope not) DS15. These are the resturants so far what would you do book with or without him? I know I can wait on some but others.... hmmmm.......

Crystal Palace ~breakfast
Mama Melrose~ Fantasmic
Boma~ breakfast and dinner (got to enjoy a great thing!)
Jiko's
Biergarten

Any thoughts or suggestions...

BronxTigger
03-21-2008, 07:24 PM
I would book with him included. If I counted correctly, you have 6 in your party with him. Without him, you will have 5. I'm making an assumption that most places will seat parties of 5 and 6 at the same size table. It should be fairly easy to modify most reservations from 6 down to 5. (Now, if it was 5 down to 4 or 3 down to 2 it would get thornier.)

Hopefully some other people can confirm my assumptions as well as give you advice.

wendy*darling
03-21-2008, 07:37 PM
:ditto: I completely agree.

Make the ADRs WITH him in the count.
I probably would just tell them when you check in at each restaurant about the number change. In your situation, it will not change the size of the table.

wdwnomad
03-21-2008, 10:45 PM
I agree too. Book for six as if he is going.

One person on my trip last year cancelled and we had all of our ADR's made. We too were going to be a party of six but ended up with five. It was never a problem. When we checked in we told the hostess that we only had five. They never had a problem with it.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-21-2008, 11:18 PM
Book with him as part of the count. It's easier to go down than to try to squeeze another in and be told there isn't availability for the higher number. Good luck to him.

joanna71985
03-21-2008, 11:22 PM
I agree with the others. Book them as 6. It shouldn't make that much of a difference for one person. Good luck!

#1donaldfan
03-22-2008, 08:40 AM
Here's another "I agree"....book everyone...

It's much easier to reduce the number than to increase it......:thumbsup: