PDA

View Full Version : Dining @ DTD

Julie1221
03-21-2008, 04:32 PM
Trying to pick a dinner at dtd? Has anyone ate at any of the restaurants? Would you go back?

mook3y
03-21-2008, 04:43 PM
We have ate at Cap'n Jacks a couple times and liked that.

We also ate at Raglan Road. I loved it, my wife didn't think it was bad, but was not impressed.

The Earl of Sandwich is very good.

There is also a Fish N' Chips place that was very good!

luvdiznee
03-21-2008, 04:44 PM
Have eaten at and enjoyed; Rainforest, Bongos and EOS. Would be willing to go back to either of them. :mickey:

Jared
03-21-2008, 04:57 PM
The only one I've tried is Planet Hollywood, and I wouldn't go back. It's just so loud and crazy, especially the lackluster food and mediocre setting.

Sorry I don't have a better recommendation, but hopefully this helps you narrow your decision.

:tasty:

jwildflower1981
03-21-2008, 05:01 PM
We love Capitn' Jacks! I had the twin lobster tails and DH had the pot roast. Everything was wonderful, food and service. We will go back everytime we're in the World.

TexasPrincessAurora
03-21-2008, 05:06 PM
Bongos is pretty good. Rainforest Cafe is fun and the food is good and plentiful. We LOVE Earl of Sandwich and Wolfgang Puck Express.

tadshome
03-21-2008, 06:31 PM
We loved Rainforest Cafe but Cap 'n' Jacks came a very close second :thumbsup:

Hull-onian
03-21-2008, 06:39 PM
Rainforest Cafe gets my vote. It was very fun and very good food. $$ Enjoyed it!!
Then we went to Fulton's Crab House. Food was very good. Very pricey $$$. Service excellent. Very noisy. Ghiradelli's for ice cream. Yum:thumbsup:

BelleLovesTheBeast
03-21-2008, 07:15 PM
Raglan Road - we love! Great food, great drink, great atmosphere and great entertainment. Have been 3 times now.

Wolfgang Puck Cafe - also one we love. Great food and great service every time. We've been 4 or 5 times now. Always good.

Planet Hollywood - so-so...why most shut down. Won't eat there again.

Bongo's - great atmosphere but the food is extremely bland. The Cubans aren't known for flavorful food. Won't eat there again.

House of Blues - good food, laid back atmosphere. I'll eat there again. Good for lunch or dinner before seeing a show at HOB.

Rainforest Cafe - food is okay. I like the China Chicken Salad but that's about it. Great atmosphere and that is really the only reason to go. I won't go to the one in WDW...one here in Nashville.

I haven't been to the other TS there.

denygold
03-21-2008, 07:28 PM
Liked House of Blues- fun, good food.

Didn't like Planet Hollywood- too loud, too much attitude from staff.

wendy*darling
03-21-2008, 07:40 PM
Earl of Sandwich is great for counter service. Don't let a long line scare you- it moves very quickly.

Raglan Road- also very good. We enjoyed the atmosphere and the food.

And Ghiradelli for dessert! :thumbsup:

cckelly
03-21-2008, 09:31 PM
Fulton's is wonderful! We've eaten there three times and each time get the King crab legs--we make a trip there now each time we go to Disney and dream of the crab legs while we are at home! :tasty:

Natazu
03-22-2008, 03:16 AM
In order of preference:

Wolfgang Puck Cafe is my favorite at DTD. The food is some of the best at WDW.

Cap'n Jack's is really good too. The menu is more limited but the food and service is great. They also have one of the best chowders in existence according to my chowder expert, Rachel.

Portobello Yacht Club is pretty good but Il Mulino at the Swan is much better in my Italian opinion.

Raglan Road is hit or miss. I have a hard time getting behind it but if you catch it on a good night and mind-numbingly loud music doesn't bother you, it can be a treat.

Bongos, Rainforest, Planet Hollywood, & Fulton's are all on my "don't bother" list.

DizneyFanz
03-22-2008, 05:00 PM
Wolfgang Puck Cafe is my favorite at DTD and I even like the Wolfgang Puck Express a lot.

I've also enjoyed meals at Portobello Yacht Club, Fultons and *House of Blues.

Earl of Sandwich is another good counter location

*I like HoB much better than Planet Hollywood.

sly1
03-22-2008, 07:43 PM
Fulton's is our favorite. The can close planet hollywood down for all I care. Don't like the food, don't like the atmosphere and the service is lackluster. Rainforest has a cool atmosphere but the food isn't anything to jump up and down about. I haven't tried Cap'n Jacks but after reading everbodies posts its on the list.