PDA

View Full Version : Celebrating... DD got into LSU Vet School!

MsMin
03-21-2008, 01:56 PM
:fworks:I wanted to share the news! After many long years of waiting and hoping Rachel my dd got the news today that she was accepted into LSU Vet School. She has held on the dream of becoming a veterinarian since pre-K when her teacher listed in the class prophecy that she would become a vet b/c of her love of animals. :puppy:
I'm sure many of you know how we hope to see the dreams of those we love come true!
Thank you all for your wishes and :pixie: :hug: and putting up with my excessive rambling about my kids! Now it's time to PARTY... do you think it would be wrong to serve hot dogs?

Jasper
03-21-2008, 02:03 PM
Serving hot dogs in celebration is just toooooo funny!! Just make sure you have some horse radish to put on them!!

Seriously though congratulations. I know that LSU has a really good Vet. school and it is tough to get in!

offwego
03-21-2008, 02:34 PM
And Chow-Chow sauce for the dogs as well..

MsMin congrats to your DD that sounds like wonderful news. (Plus we always like to see a party around here don't you think?)

Hope that this is just the start in a great future for your DD.

murphy1
03-21-2008, 02:51 PM
Huge Congrats!! I had such a great feeling about that! You will have more to celebrate at Disney now! Always nice to have a dr. in the family, too.

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
03-21-2008, 02:53 PM
Don't forget the Cat-sup!

mrsgaribaldi
03-21-2008, 02:59 PM
Great news Beth!!!! Congratulations to your DD:mickey:

jwildflower1981
03-21-2008, 03:26 PM
Whoo-hoo!!!!!! Awesome!!! Geaux Tigers!!!!!:thumbsup:

Nascfan
03-21-2008, 03:28 PM
Beth, that is WONDERFUL news! I know you are very proud of her, and rightfully so. :thumbsup:

Hey, you can have pigs in a blanket too! :D

Tiggerlovr9000
03-21-2008, 04:12 PM
Congratulations, that is so awesome...:thumbsup::thumbsup:

ChipnDaleGal
03-21-2008, 04:34 PM
That is such good news! So heartwarming to see her life long dream start to come true!! Have fun celebrating!! :thumbsup:

MsMin
03-21-2008, 05:02 PM
Just make sure you have some horse radish to put on them!!
Seriously though congratulations. I know that LSU has a really good Vet. school and it is tough to get in!
:rotfl: Yes, LSU has a great Vet School and has a pack with so many states to take their students since they don't have a school.. making it tougher on everyone. Thanks..

And Chow-Chow sauce for the dogs as well..
MsMin congrats to your DD that sounds like wonderful news. (Plus we always like to see a party around here don't you think?)

I am ready to party I've been holding my breath for quite some time... love the Chow-Chow! Thanks..

Huge Congrats!! I had such a great feeling about that! You will have more to celebrate at Disney now! Always nice to have a dr. in the family, too.
Thanks, I haven't told her I've already opened her Intercot practice:secret: Can't wait to celebrate only 13 days till I leave with my intercot friends.. wish you were there too!

Don't forget the Cat-sup!
Didn't we have this discussion a few posts ago about Catsup on hotdogs?

Great news Beth!!!! Congratulations to your DD
Thanks so much, glad you got to meet her and will forward the warm wishes!

Whoo-hoo!!!!!! Awesome!!! Geaux Tigers!!!!!
Funny she went to pre-K in SLIDELL... Oh no I hear a song coming.. IASW...:thedolls:

Beth, that is WONDERFUL news! I know you are very proud of her, and rightfully so. Hey, you can have pigs in a blanket too!
Yes we can have the pigs too, I have a picture of her sleeving a pig :eyes: Thanks

Congratulations, that is so awesome...:thumbsup: :cloud9: thanks...

That is such good news! So heartwarming to see her life long dream start to come true!! Have fun celebrating!! :thumbsup:
Thanks it means so much... :puppy: Had to share it with my intercot family!

Hey Bret, I know I texted you earlier but can you fire up the grill for us!!!

RedSoxFan
03-21-2008, 05:10 PM
Congrats Beth on your daughter getting into Vet school. That is awesome news.

daparish
03-21-2008, 06:33 PM
Beth,
Congratulations!!!!!!!:party::party: This is such exciting news.

SgtTigger
03-21-2008, 07:51 PM
Hey Bret, I know I texted you earlier but can you fire up the grill for us!!!

You Bet come on down.......... Just got home..

L S U

we are so glad she got in........ way to go....

:cop: :tigger:

Jimenyfan
03-21-2008, 08:25 PM
Congrats Ms. Min, I once PM'd you to tell you how much I thought of your words of wisdom and it is obvious that you have passed on your compassion and wisdom to your children. Congrats to Rachel. I only hope in 2 years that I can post that my DS got the college of his choice.

wendy*darling
03-21-2008, 08:38 PM
Congrats to your daughter!:number1:

I know Vet school is THE toughest professional school to be accepted to! There are less than 50 schools in the US (that's why they have arrangements with other states to accept some of their kids too). Waayy harder than medical school!

:party: Congrats to the whole family! :mickey:

Cinderelley
03-21-2008, 08:48 PM
Sorry I'm a little late to the party!

Congratulations!!! :number1:

kakn7294
03-21-2008, 09:27 PM
Congrats to Rachel!!! She's worked so hard for this and I knew she'd make it! Way to go Rachel!!!

scoot241
03-21-2008, 10:53 PM
Awesome! Always good to have another Tiger around. :thumbsup:

ElenitaB
03-22-2008, 12:47 AM
Beth, what wonderful, wonderful news! :thumbsup: She must be walking on air!

wdwgrl377
03-22-2008, 01:11 AM
Hey Beth! That's awesome news!!! I'm excited for your dd Rachel!!!:thumbsup:

merlinmagic4
03-22-2008, 07:27 AM
Congratulations to your daughter!!! That is so exciting and quite an accomplishment!

tinkerbell04
03-22-2008, 08:12 PM
Beth, that is great for Rachel, I know that you are proud of her, and rightfully so! Congrats!

MsMin
03-24-2008, 11:23 AM
Beth,
Congratulations!!!!!!!This is such exciting news.
Thanks... :hug:... we have to get together soon..

You Bet come on down.......... Just got home..
we are so glad she got in..... way to go.. [/COLOR]
Thanks Bret, I told her you asked several times if she heard.. she sends thanks to you and Mrs. Sgt. T...

Congrats Ms. Min, I once PM'd you to tell you how much I thought of your words of wisdom and it is obvious that you have passed on your compassion and wisdom to your children. Congrats to Rachel. I only hope in 2 years that I can post that my DS got the college of his choice.
Thanks you so much for your thoughtfulness and kind words too.. again... :pixie: that yours will find there dreams too. It does take a little prodding sometimes and encouragement to keep them focused. good luck and let us know..

Congrats to your daughter!
I know Vet school is THE toughest professional school to be accepted to! There are less than 50 schools in the US (that's why they have arrangements with other states to accept some of their kids too). Waayy harder than medical school!
Congrats to the whole family!
:hug: thanks so much.. We are just thrilled. Yes, it's difficult and we've been holding our breath for some time. I did push her to drop a higher paying job to work at the vet school for experience and we are fortunate it's here in town. With so many vet school students around it's hard to get experience but she started as a volunteer at the vet school and made connections from there. While her scores were all qualifying it helps to get those great letters of recommendation and experience.
thanks again..

Sorry I'm a little late to the party! Congratulations!!!
Never to late to party around here.. Thanks..

Congrats to Rachel!!! She's worked so hard for this and I knew she'd make it! Way to go Rachel!!!
Thanks for always being there through all those puppy stories... you know we live for our pups here :hug:

Awesome! Always good to have another Tiger around. Many tigers around here. All 3 of the kids are alums... Thanks and Geaux Tigers!

Beth, what wonderful, wonderful news! She must be walking on air!
Ellen so glad you got to meet the kids in October. :hug: thanks so much, she is thrilled. All those wishes have finally paid off...

Hey Beth! That's awesome news!!! I'm excited for your dd Rachel!!!
Monica, thanks so much. I think of you often and glad you are going through such exciting moves yourself. Hope to see you soon. :hug:

Congratulations to your daughter!!! That is so exciting and quite an accomplishment!
Thanks so much, she is still :cloud9: and tomorrow is her BD .. I'm so glad it will be a happy one for her.

Beth, that is great for Rachel, I know that you are proud of her, and rightfully so! Congrats!
Thanks.. yes, I'm very proud. You know how we (parents) suffer the through the bad times too. I'm thrilled that it worked out for her.

Thanks again all for your thoughtfulness. :rocks:

crazypoohbear
03-24-2008, 01:08 PM
Wish her all the best in her schooling.
And congrats to you for raising such a smart girl!!!

jeddalynn
03-24-2008, 02:45 PM
Wow! You must be so proud!:joy:

Way to go for your hand in rasing such a wonderful daughter :)

disneydeb
03-24-2008, 04:57 PM
Congratulations!

MsMin
03-28-2008, 09:42 AM
Wish her all the best in her schooling.
And congrats to you for raising such a smart girl!!!
Thank you... it's so competitive it is a challenge to keep them focused because a little playing around in college can knock you right out the competition.

Wow! You must be so proud!:joy:

Way to go for your hand in rasing such a wonderful daughter :)
Thanks, I am very proud of her and feel very fortunate too that she had the gifts to succeed this far.

Congratulations!
Thanks Deb :hug: Don't know if you talked to her last fall but they were right by us at the party.
Thank you all... she's still :cloud9: :puppy:

Here we go again...
03-28-2008, 01:29 PM
:fworks:I wanted to share the news! After many long years of waiting and hoping Rachel my dd got the news today that she was accepted into LSU Vet School. She has held on the dream of becoming a veterinarian since pre-K when her teacher listed in the class prophecy that she would become a vet b/c of her love of animals. :puppy:
I'm sure many of you know how we hope to see the dreams of those we love come true!
Thank you all for your wishes and :pixie: :hug: and putting up with my excessive rambling about my kids! Now it's time to PARTY... do you think it would be wrong to serve hot dogs?

How did I miss this post?
I know I sent you a text message but please make sure to tell Rachel how proud I am of her. Her love of animals shines through... she is going to be an amazing vet!
Tell her that if she needs practice on cleaning teeth (not mine, the dogs) or giving shots I will let her borrow my dogs. ;)

MsMin
03-28-2008, 01:50 PM
Thanks, I did tell her right away that you and Bret sent text messages. She is so excited. The vet she is working at now lets her do all the dentals that come in. They knock them out and use a power sprayer...not quite like the one you use to clean the driveway.
Missed it huh? and you call me ADD :fresh:
Can't wait....next week this time we will be headed to pick up Sherrie :minnie:

SgtTigger
03-28-2008, 08:44 PM
next week this time we will be headed to pick up Sherrie :minnie:

:bang:

:angry:

:fit:

daparish
03-28-2008, 08:51 PM
.next week this time we will be headed to pick up Sherrie :minnie:

For some crazy reason I thought your trip was this weekend. I am so excited for you. I can not wait to read the trip reports and just realized I have to wait a week. :blush:

MsMin
03-28-2008, 10:10 PM
:bang:
:angry:
:fit:
Hey Bret, you may not have it so bad after all.... Rachel is missing this trip and we are planning an Oct. trip and she can't go then either b/c of Vet school.....maybe you can come up her and help her "stock the pond"

For some crazy reason I thought your trip was this weekend. I am so excited for you. I can not wait to read the trip reports and just realized I have to wait a week. :blush:

So you still have time to pack!!!

SgtTigger
03-29-2008, 08:41 PM
Hey Bret, you may not have it so bad after all.... Rachel is missing this trip and we are planning an Oct. trip and she can't go then either b/c of Vet school.....maybe you can come up her and help her "stock the pond"

Like you are going to leave me and Rachel alone for a weekend together........... did you forget about the crawfish indecent??????