PDA

View Full Version : Your top Kid dining picks?

Rella
03-21-2008, 12:09 PM
I was wondering what you would consider some can't miss TS dining experiences in the parks? Maybe your top two in each park? We've got three kids under 7. So, we don't want anything too fancy and something with a pretty basic menu for the kids (hot dogs etc), but we also want a great "only Disney" type experience! Too much to ask!? :blush: Thanks for your input!

poohluva
03-21-2008, 12:23 PM
In the Magic Kingdom I'd pick Crystal Palace or Liberty Tree Tavern, both are great for places to see a lot of characters!!

We haven't been to many TS places in the other parks, but I'm sure someone else will come along with some great ideas, maybe some I can use too.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-21-2008, 12:41 PM
Our DD, now almost 10 (was 8 on her last trip) loves LTT in Magic Kingdom (and so do we). She also is a huge fan of Prime Time Cafe at Hollywood Studios...and of course the princess breakfasts at Cinderella's Castle at MK, and Norway in Epcot.

TBY2225
03-21-2008, 12:43 PM
My DD6 and DS2 loved 50's Prime Time in DHS. They also enjoyed Crystal Palace in MK.

Outside the parks, Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary was a hit, Ohana's at the Poly and Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge!

wendy*darling
03-21-2008, 01:14 PM
:mickey:Welcome to INTERCOT Rella! :mickey:

I hope you find all the info you need here to make your WDW visit memorable!

We always enjoyed the character buffets- although buffets are sometimes difficult with 3 little ones- you might feel like YOU never get to sit down and eat anything.
But the character interaction is wonderful and the photo ops can't be beat. :thumbsup:
You can also meet characters at several "family style" meals- still all-you-can-eat, but served on platters to your table- just ask for more of whatever you want.

ALL of these are all-you-can-eat:
Magic Kingdom- Crystal Palace (Pooh & friends) and Liberty Tree Tavern (Minnie & friends).
Epcot- Garden Grill (Farmer Mickey & friends) in a rotating restaurant. Norway's Princess Storybook Breakfast. Germany's Biergarten (no characters, but an oom-pah band and the kids love to get up and dance!)
Hollywood Studios (MGM)- Hollywood and Vine (character breakfast & lunch with Little Einsteins and JoJo & Goliath)
Animal Kingdom- Tusker House for Donald's Safari Breakfast.

All of the buffets have a "lower level" table with kid favorite foods and they can serve themselves. But kids and adults can choose
foods from any area of the buffets.

Some really great "menu" restaurants for a Disney Experience are:
Epcot- Coral Reef- the view of the giant aquarium and the feeling you are dining underwater is fun. Most of the countries have terrific restaurants, but I hesitate to recommend any other than Germany with 3 kids under 7yrs. Maybe just a bit older.
DHS- 50's Prime Time- the other diners are your cousins and "Mom" is always watching. Kids especially love when mom or dad get in "trouble" for not finishing their veggies!

Resorts:
Don't limit yourself to the parks- the Resorts have some really wonderful dining options.
Grand Floridian- Cinderella's Gala Feast (at 1900 Park Fare)- buffet dinner and you meet Cinderella, Prince Charming, the stepmother and step sisters. Excellent food!
Polynesian- 'Ohana- all-you-can-eat served to the table. You have to like meat here- Huge skewers of turkey, steak, shrimp are brought to you. The appetizers, sides and dessert is good. Kids can participate in coconut races, limbo and more.
Contemporary- Chef Mickeys- character breakfast and dinner buffet. Mickey & friends.
Wilderness Lodge: Whispering Canyon Cafe- a fun "wild west" restaurant. The kids can do stick horse races, and the servers are a hoot! They have an all-you-can-eat skillet option, or you can order off the menu.
All of the above resort restaurants are easily accessible from the Magic Kingdom by monorail or boat.

chicklittlemom
03-21-2008, 01:15 PM
MK: Liberty Tree Tavern- food's good, nothing fancy and served family style. The kids had a blast with the characters.

DHS: SciFi Diner- yeah, I know...everyone is mixed on this one. You love it or hate it. My DD and DS love it. They were adamant that we go back this year- love sitting in the car, watching the movies.

Other than those, my kids seem to enjoy the CS restaurants more.
Have fun! :thumbsup:

mook3y
03-21-2008, 01:25 PM
Our kids are 3 and 5 and they have made 3 trips to WDW.

Hands down their favorite dinners are LTT, closely followed by Ohana's.

My son loved Sci-Fi diner last year (was a guys night out for us) but taking the whole family this year.

Breakfast - Jojo's buffet is their favorite closely followed by Cape May

TexasPrincessAurora
03-21-2008, 01:27 PM
With kids my top TS in the parks would be:

MK - Crystal Palace and Liberty Tree
AK - well, there's only 1 TS here and I wouldn't think it would be too kid friendly...
DHS - 50's Prime Time
EPCOT - Garden Grill

Hull-onian
03-21-2008, 06:49 PM
Chef Mickeys is our favorite. Even tho it is over at the Contemporary it is not to hard to get to from MK.:thumbsup:

We also liked Liberty Tree Tavern.

Garden Grill at The Land in EPCOT was okay.

You have some good choices.

wendy*darling
03-21-2008, 10:22 PM
AK - well, there's only 1 TS here and I wouldn't think it would be too kid friendly...

There are actually 3 TS at AK now:
Tusker House (buffet all day- characters at breakfast)
Yak & Yeti
Rainforest Cafe

I haven't tried Yak & Yeti yet to know how fun it might be for kids- but the other 2 should be good choices.

ldc12377
03-21-2008, 10:56 PM
All of the restaurants listed so far are really great but I just wanted to stress a point that has already been made that deserves extra attention.
On our trips last year,I had my three kids with me and they are all under the age of 8. I can't stress enough how much smoother our meals went when they were either "menu" restaurants or family-style restaurants. Buffets were fun when everything went well but, as you can expect with kids, that didn't happen very often.
Just thought I'd stress how the type of rstaurant is as important as what they serve or what characters are there.

joanna71985
03-21-2008, 11:13 PM
My must-dos are:
MK- CP dinner and LTT dinner. Both are a lot of fun, and the food is really good

Epcot- GG for lunch/dinner. I have not seen it really get too busy in here

Resorts- CM for breakfast or dinner. Also 1900 Park Fare for breakfast

Natazu
03-22-2008, 03:04 AM
Jym's Top-7 Best WDW Restaurants for Kids Under 7yrs:
7. Coral Reef
6. Hoop-Dee-Do
5. Whispering Canyon Cafe
4. Garden Grill
3. Marrakesh
2. Teppanyaki
1. 'Ohana

jakeybake
03-22-2008, 08:16 AM
I love Cape May Cafe for the family. It has a kid buffet and A Regular buffet. It is located at the Beach Club Resort. :sulley: :ebasket: