PDA

View Full Version : Who says you can't get reservations??

Marker
03-21-2008, 09:37 AM
I hear a lot of discussion about how difficult it is to get ADRs these days with the DDP and all.

Well I just called this morning and got 5:30 at Wolfgang Pucks on April 8th, and 5:40 at the Concourse Steakhouse on April 9th. That's less that 3 weeks away.

Ok, I couldn't get LeCellier. But I got my next two choices. And I'm going to keep trying for LeCellier.

teambricker04
03-21-2008, 09:43 AM
We don't make a lot of ADRs and when I do make them for my family, I generally do it less that 2 months ahead of our trip. I have never had a problem getting what I want. Ever. Maybe this is an rare occurance or I have great luck, but I have never had an issue. I think it helps to be flexible about dates and times. Some times we just show up to resturants to see if there is availability, and generally there is as the last minute due to cancellations or no shows.

Also, we have found if we want to go to a dinner show, we try the day of or the day before and have the best luck getting what we want.

We also don't do the dining plan as it is more than what we generally spend on ourselves. Maybe if I did the plan I would be more apt to make ADRs and be more upset if I didn't get what I wanted.

merlinmagic4
03-21-2008, 10:19 AM
I say you can't get reservations! We are going 4/19-4/25 and I can't really get anything I want. I did start looking at 3 months out so I guess it was too late. I did get:
Boma 4:35
Cape May Cafe Breakfast 11:05
Trail's End 5:40

I really wanted Chef Mickey's , 'Ohana, a Fantasmic Dining Packages, Sci Fi Dine In, Whispering Canyon, Crystal Palace breakfast or Liberty Tree Tavern dinner and were unable to get them.

BUT I'm not complaining because I am going to Disney World :D

LudwigVonDrake
03-21-2008, 10:43 AM
I don't normally do ADRs but since I was shut out of 'Ohana last summer, I have already called and got my reservation on 7/13 at 8:25 pm :eat:

twinboyz
03-21-2008, 10:48 AM
Keep Trying! We are going back to WDW on 4/16 this year. Decided we were going only about a month ago. I couldn't get the Luau at Poly right away when I called in Feb. I called every other day we have our reservations now.:party:

Jared
03-21-2008, 10:48 AM
I hear a lot of discussion about how difficult it is to get ADRs these days with the DDP and all.

Well I just called this morning and got 5:30 at Wolfgang Pucks on April 8th, and 5:40 at the Concourse Steakhouse on April 9th. That's less that 3 weeks away.

Ok, I couldn't get LeCellier. But I got my next two choices. And I'm going to keep trying for LeCellier.
I've actually wondered the same thing lately, considering how easy it was for me to make reservations for my last two trips. Last May, my mom, sister and I booked a room literally two days before we left, and I was still able to secure a table during prime hours at Kona Cafe, Cape May Cafe and Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano.

I realize these aren't the premier restaurants in Disney, but I was really worried about eating at any desirable table service place after reading countless posts on the boards suggesting everything is booked. And this was right over Memorial Day!

Maybe, like Marker said, things are finally getting easier.

:tasty:

Disney Buff
03-21-2008, 11:56 AM
A big factor to remember is it all depends on how many people are in the party you are trying to get ADRs for. The fewer the people the easier it is to get in.

Strmchsr
03-21-2008, 12:39 PM
I think there's 2 factors at work here:

1.) Less people starting to get the DDP due to its decreased value this year

2.) The restaurants mentioned are not the "hot" places to eat. If you don't go for the hot TS places you can get an ADR when you arrive. I think when people are talking about difficulties getting an ADR it's due to the popular places that it seems "everyone" wants to eat at - Le Cellier, Crystal Palace, Ohana, Chef Mickeys, etc. So, the secret is just expand your horizons beyond the popular places and you'll have no problem.

Marker
03-21-2008, 03:32 PM
1.) Less people starting to get the DDP due to its decreased value this year.

That would rely first on an assumption that few people are using the DDP, which would be total speculation on my part. I don't have any information one way or the other about the use of the re-vamped DDP. Secondly, that would also have to assume that fewer DDP users equates to fewer TS meals eaten. Not sure that equates either. I'm not using the DDP on my 2 night trip in a couple weeks, but I'm still eating.

To me, obviously, being flexible in your choices and also in your desired dining times is EXTREMELY helpful.

My personal opinion is that it's not really as big an issue as some folks like to make it. Sure, sometimes you get lucky with your choices, and sometimes you don't. And if you're dead set on when and where you want to eat you're more likely to be disappointed. But all-in-all I've never really had that much trouble. This trip, or trips in the past.

But then maybe I've just been lucky. Either way, for my trip in a couple weeks, I got 2 out 3 of my choices. And that makes me happy.

luvdiznee
03-21-2008, 04:48 PM
That's good you got Concourse. I'm glad we got to enjoy them before they close. :mickey:

DizneyFanz
03-21-2008, 04:51 PM

I just called a few days ago as well & I haven't had any problem either, well, except for Le Cellier but I did get a lunch ressie there for my trip in early May.

I also got Spoodles, Flying Fish, Kona, Narcoossee's & Jiko - all for dinner.

We do dine on the later side (between 7:30-8:30 PM), so maybe that's why it was so easy - I really don't know.

Crystal Palace
03-24-2008, 12:33 PM
My mom and I got a same-day ADR for the Plaza Restaurant when we were there last October. I guess it just depends on the restaurant and the time of year.