PDA

View Full Version : Donald's Safari Breakfast?

KAT1811
03-20-2008, 09:03 PM
I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on Donald's Safari Breakfast in the Animal KIngdom? We are celebrating one of our DD's birthdays and are debating between Chef Mickey's and Donald's Safari Breakfast for her birthday breakfast. Any input at all is appreciated.

P.S. - She will be turning 2

Hayden's Dad
03-20-2008, 09:23 PM
I have a now two year old little boy and Donald's is one of our favorite charcter meals. We would highly recommed it. Try to get a reservation before park opening. :mickey:

joanna71985
03-20-2008, 09:46 PM
I will be doing it for the first time in June (I did the old one last summer once as well). I can't wait to try it!!

KAT1811
03-20-2008, 10:02 PM
Try to get a reservation before park opening. :mickey:

That is what I was thinking. I was initially thinking that Chef Mickey's would be fun but then I began to think of all that lost commuting time. We would be staying right around the corner so it wouldn't take all that long to get there but when you factor in the transport from our resort to the Contemporary, check in, seating, eating, out to the busses and then off to AK from there we have lost quite a bit of tour time and gained a lot of hassle (especially when you are traveling with 3 DDs & hopefully a 4th tucked away). I figured that if we booked an 8:30 ADR we would be pretty far into the park when it opens and hopefully be able to eat and get to some of the surrounding attractions before too much of a crowd does.

Hope you, Hayden and the rest of your family have a great holiday!

#1donaldfan
03-21-2008, 07:01 AM
I've heard mostly good things about the Safari Breakfast.....we've not personally done it, but this past June we did Donalds Breakfastsaurs before the park opened and in doing so, were able to ride EE FIRST....we were on the first train of the day in the first couple of cars....maybe you can do the same.....that was WAY COOL !!!!:mickey:

KAT1811
03-21-2008, 07:59 AM
. . . were able to ride EE FIRST....we were on the first train of the day in the first couple of cars....maybe you can do the same.....that was WAY COOL !!!!:mickey:

That's awsome! What a great way to start the day. With any luck I will have to sit out rides like EE on our next trip, even though I love them so. (We hope to have another DD or DS tucked away on our next trip):blush: But I am sure that everyone else would love getting on EE first!

Hayden's Dad
03-21-2008, 10:33 AM
If you have reservations before opening you all line up at the gate and they walked us like little ducks through the park to Tusker House. Occasonlay you would see CMs standing to the side to keep you from wandering off the path, but it was great seeing the park virtually empty and The Tree Of Life with no one around. Photopass photographers are around too so you can get some good shots.

before the park opened and in doing so, were able to ride EE FIRST

We make a run for Camp Minnie Mickey to see the characters with no wait when the show up right before the end of the first FOTLK show.

Hope you, Hayden and the rest of your family have a great holiday!

Thank you Katt I hope you and your family have a great holiday too.