PDA

View Full Version : Kali River Rapids or Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges

HairyBear
03-20-2008, 05:11 PM
I saw the poll about simpsons vs toy story mania and thought I would try to make a poll.

CaptSmee
03-21-2008, 01:51 AM
For those of you that have never been on it...Bluto's is a much, much better ride! The only thing is you are guaranteed to get soaked! It's a fun, long ride though.

jakeybake
03-21-2008, 07:24 AM
i love kali river rapids it is awesome. :goofy: :coaster:

DizneyRox
03-21-2008, 12:46 PM
There's really no comparison, Without actually checking facts, Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges has to be at least double the length and a million times more fun. Had a front of the line pass one time and just kept going around and around and around and around...

I don't even bother with Kali, when the lines are short, it's usually too cold, and when it's hot enough, the lines make it unbearable for what it offers.

BelleLovesTheBeast
03-21-2008, 12:59 PM
Where is Bluto's?

I picked Kali....cause it's Disney and I've never been on Bluto's. Last time we went on Kali it was pouring down rain so it was even more fun. At least we thoughts so....the people in our raft didn't. They kept complaining.

HairyBear
03-21-2008, 04:26 PM
Where is Bluto's?

I picked Kali....cause it's Disney and I've never been on Bluto's. Last time we went on Kali it was pouring down rain so it was even more fun. At least we thoughts so....the people in our raft didn't. They kept complaining.

I had only been on several raft rides Kings Dominion,Six Flags and Myrtle Beach So whenI went to AK in 2002 we rode Kali and I thought that this was the best raft ride ever and couldn't be improved upon. Last year even though it was February I finally planned ahead enough to wear a bathing suit and minimal clothing to strip down to so I wouldn't freeze after being soaked and rode Bluto's. It had everything Kali did but when I thought it was over it wasn't. We got soked but IMHO it is much better than Kali. If it was based on characters other than Popeye I think it would be more popular since I don't think the younger generations didn't grow up watching Popeye. You don't hear much about this ride but if it was a Disney ride with more popular characters it would be a MUST do. Universal Islands of Adventure has Bluto's and Dudley Do-rights Ripsaw falls both are really good rides. Dudley is kind of like Splash Mountain but as with Bluto's you WILL get soaked. I know this a Disney board but after seeing the poll about Toy story mania and Simpson ride in Universal studios I thought existing rides would be a better example since they were both actually open and running.

Stan
03-21-2008, 05:33 PM
One year I had a IOA pass and I grew to love Bluto and Dudley. I'd go over there with a towel & change of clothes in a waterproof bag, ride both those wet rides 2 or 3 times until I just couldn't get any wetter, :rain: then go change in a restroom. Always fun to walk past my still dripping fellow riders and see their surprise at my dry clothes. :D

I'd hit Hulk or Spidey or Dragons before heading home. Then I'd come back a few days later and do it all over again. :thumbsup:

Sorry, Kali... Bluto eats you for lunch.

scoot241
03-21-2008, 10:50 PM
Bluto is 100x better than Kali.

Splash, on the other hand, is much better than Dudley, even though Dudley is good too.

HairyBear
03-21-2008, 11:08 PM
Where is Bluto's?

I had only been on several raft rides Kings Dominion,Six Flags and Myrtle Beach So whenI went to AK in 2002 we rode Kali and I thought that this was the best raft ride ever and couldn't be improved upon. Last year even though it was February I finally planned ahead enough to wear a bathing suit and minimal clothing to strip down to so I wouldn't freeze after being soaked and rode Bluto's. It had everything Kali did but when I thought it was over it wasn't. We got soked but IMHO it is much better than Kali. If it was based on characters other than Popeye I think it would be more popular since I don't think the younger generations didn't grow up watching Popeye. You don't hear much about this ride but if it was a Disney ride with more popular characters it would be a MUST do. Universal Islands of Adventure has Bluto's and Dudley Do-rights Ripsaw falls both are really good rides. Dudley is kind of like Splash Mountain but as with Bluto's you WILL get soaked. I know this a Disney board but after seeing the poll about Toy story mania and Simpson ride in Universal studios I thought existing rides would be a better example since they were both actually open and running.

CaptSmee
03-21-2008, 11:14 PM
Phew! I'm relieved because i'm a Disney freak, but again...Bluto's is much better than Kali...I'm glad I'm not the only 1 that thinks so!:blush:

Darin M
03-22-2008, 12:04 PM
Not even Eating Spinach could make Kali better than Bluto's.

Bluto's is my favorite ride at IOA.

A Big Kid
03-22-2008, 12:06 PM
I don't even bother with Kali, when the lines are short, it's usually too cold, and when it's hot enough, the lines make it unbearable for what it offers.

Oh, man. I am with you on this one.

I chalk it up as one od those attractions that I went on, probably will never go on again, but it is nice to know it exists.....kinda like IASW.

DisneyGiant
03-22-2008, 12:08 PM
I've only been on Bluto's once. And that was in 2000!!!!

So while I remembering it being fun - and that I got soaked - I had to vote for Kali!

When we go in the summer months - (June and August) we ride it first thing to avoid the lines.

If you go close to the opening of the park - you can ride it several times without needing a fast pass.

dumbo ears
03-22-2008, 06:09 PM
I voted for Kali river rapids purely because I have not done the other one. I know nothing can be as bad a kali though

RAIDER
03-23-2008, 04:04 PM
Oh Blutos ride wins hands down as a water ride ..sorry Disney but the Kali rapids doesnt get close ...:thumbsup:

Mickey91
03-23-2008, 11:57 PM
Has to be Kali as it is the only one at WDW!!!

animalkingdomguy
03-24-2008, 01:23 PM
Don't want to sound too much like a company shill but I have been to Orlando 6 times and have never had the urge to go anywhere but WDW. Kali all the way.

kdsjjb
03-24-2008, 01:40 PM
:funny: Oh, how it makes me chuckle when people who have not been on both rides vote in a "WHICH IS BETTER" poll.

My guess would be that the OP wants to hear from people who have ACTUALLY RIDDEN BOTH RIDES. :shrug:

Being one of those folks, I can tell you that Bluto is a MUCH better ride. Not as good a STORY, but a better ride.

I have to laugh at the "It must be better because it's Disney" attitude. :blah::blah::blah:
I really, really, love Disney but sorry folks, :whisper: there is another theme park in the Orlando area, and they actually do some things BETTER than Disney. :jaw: :faint:

DizneyRox
03-24-2008, 02:58 PM
I really, really, love Disney but sorry folks, :whisper: there is another theme park in the Orlando area, and they actually do some things BETTER than Disney. :jaw: :faint:
That's what happens when you let go of a lot of your talent in downsizing, etc. IMHO, IOA is the best themed park in Orlando. AK is a close second.

Kidsmom
03-24-2008, 03:12 PM
I have only been on kali and was very disappointed.

It was a hot August day 99 degrees and was so wanting to get wet. I don't think I got a drop on me. My husband got drenched and hated that too. I also thought it was boring. At the end I couldn't believe it was over and people wait SO long for it. I don't think I would do it again unless there was a VERY short line.

I know most people won't agree with me, but Oh well.... but I will try Bluto's sometime when we go there.

DizneyRox
03-24-2008, 06:15 PM
I know most people won't agree with me, but Oh well.... but I will try Bluto's sometime when we go there.
If I were you, I'd make a special trip just for Bluto's. Really, there's not much of a comparision here, Kali is like standing in one of those 4 foot round kids pool compared to Bluto's.

NJ Camper
03-24-2008, 06:25 PM
wow poll is close but as i thought the mouse is ahead :mickey:

GrmGrninGost
03-24-2008, 10:18 PM
Kali, if only for the fact it's at WDW! :mickey:

DizneyRox
03-25-2008, 07:13 AM
wow poll is close but as i thought the mouse is ahead :mickey:
Even closer when you ignore those that haven't been on both...

HairyBear
03-27-2008, 01:03 AM
But this is a Disney board, I'm surpised it is even close. I haven't done a poll before so I don't know what happens at the end. I do like WDW a lot but as some posts have said some things can be done better. Competition is good for all parks. WDW is still the KING!

RAIDER
03-27-2008, 10:04 AM
But this is a Disney board, I'm surpised it is even close. I haven't done a poll before so I don't know what happens at the end. I do like WDW a lot but as some posts have said some things can be done better. Competition is good for all parks. WDW is still the KING!

I agree ...WDW will always be the king of all parks but sometimes you have to concede that once an a while the other parks will produce something better . Which is a good thing as it raises the bar when another ride thats similar is made .......Bluto is in a class of its own if you want a filthy drenching :D:thumbsup:

And from what i have read from people who have been on both, on this thread
In reality Bluto is winning