PDA

View Full Version : mission space

HairyBear
03-20-2008, 03:27 PM
Have there been a lot of people injured riding mission space? I have ridden once but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. A little confining and nausiating but definitely not as bad as it could be. The motion doesn't match the video exactly not sure if it does this everytime since I only rode once.If it were longer than I may have left my lunch in the car!:ill:

Goofeygal
03-20-2008, 05:15 PM
I know several people have gotten sick on MS but hurt I am not sure. They now have it where you can go on a non spinning version. I have done both and the non spinning one is pretty good.

#1donaldfan
03-20-2008, 09:25 PM
I think the more severe rumored stories of those that may have been injured or allegedly worse, were from pre-existing conditions.....not for sure.... we've been on the ride a "zillion" times and really love it.......:mickey:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
03-21-2008, 05:41 AM
There have been a couple of injuries and one death on the ride. The death was a 4 year old child who had a pre-existing medical condition related to his heart (something akin to a murmur).

I remember riding this opening weekend years ago...and I have an iron stomach but still felt....off afterwards. It's been reduced several times and notches since then.

jakeybake
03-21-2008, 07:19 AM
I love mission space on the no -spinning one. My dad got sick just on the non-spinning one and I thought he was joking `cause I was fine. :mickey:

BelleLovesTheBeast
03-21-2008, 01:04 PM
I always ride Mission Space at least twice on every trip. We do the spinning version. I've never had a problem with the motion and video not matching up. That would make you feel funny.

bruin1344
03-21-2008, 01:20 PM
Ive been on it few times, two of the times when i went 3 years ago, i felt :sick: and the last time i went, i felt fine, maybe it was either they toned down the ride a bit or i followed the directions closely.

LauraF
03-21-2008, 01:25 PM
I've only ever ridden the orange version and never had a problem. But I agree with Capt Jessica - I went on not long after it opened it and felt a little touchy for the first few minutes afterwards. Nothing a little fresh air couldn't fix. When I went again in September it was nothing at all.

sbnewbride
03-21-2008, 02:31 PM
We were just there last week and honestly I felt so sick for most of the day after riding. I have never experienced motion sickness before but I knew 10 seconds into the ride that I was going to be sick. I did ride the orange line but like I said, no ride has ever made me sick before this. I'll know next time. I'm not even sure I want to ride the green - nothing is worth feeling like that for hours!

Ms.Disney
03-21-2008, 02:59 PM
I have been on both versions and liked them both, but my DH felt sick after both the green and the orange.

Tina3176
03-21-2008, 03:17 PM
When I went in '05 my older daughter LOVED Mission Space and rode many many times. My younger daughter was 4 at the time, and not tall enough. Now she is 7 and plenty tall enough, but she does have a mild heart murmur. She is also a chicken! Anyway, I am glad I read this thread so I will know to only let my younger girl ride on the non-spinning version.

ligirlz
03-21-2008, 08:50 PM
When it first opened i went on it and felt so dizzy afterwards that I would not go on it again. DH loves it and goes on all the time. Now that they have the non spinning one I can go on it and love it. I guess the issue was people were getting bad motion sickness and people with pre-existing conditions weren't heeding the warnings.

HairyBear
03-21-2008, 11:41 PM
What's the difference between orange and green?

JPL
03-22-2008, 12:33 AM
The green version doesn't spin the capsule just tilts back and forth for a much milder effect