PDA

View Full Version : Magical Express?

Mrs Bus Driver
03-20-2008, 07:57 AM
Can DVC members use Magical Express or do they have to arrange there own transportation? :car:

Goofeygal
03-20-2008, 08:33 AM
Yes DVC members can use ME.

JPL
03-20-2008, 10:32 AM
Thanks for the reminder I have been spoiled with Wendy from MJ reminding me about DME before my trip. Guess when I call tomorrow about the glasses I should book DME first before any yelling begins ;)

JMTStone
03-20-2008, 10:40 AM
I know the web site leaves a lot to be desired. :badpc: But, you can also put your DME stuff on the DVC website.

JPL
03-20-2008, 10:42 AM
I know the web site leaves a lot to be desired. :badpc: But, you can also put your DME stuff on the DVC website.

I wouldn't trust the website with that information.

JMTStone
03-20-2008, 10:44 AM
I know what you're saying Jeff but it worked fine for me in November. I have another trip coming up and I used it again. I'll know in a few weeks if I get my luggage tags.

Mrs Bus Driver
03-20-2008, 03:08 PM
I think I should have made myself clear.

1. Is there a charge for DVC members to use Magical Express?
2. Does Magical Express just send you the luggage tags after you make the reservation or do you have to ask for them?

Sorry to sound so dumb but I am just trying to gather information to make sure buying is something I really want to do.

wendy*darling
03-20-2008, 03:38 PM
DME is free to everyone staying in a Disney Resort- DVC Members included.

You have to make your arrangments through DVC Member Services. They do not assume you want to use DME just because you have a vacation coming up. You could be driving, renting a car, using a towncar service, etc.
You have to call and tell you want to use DME, give them your flight information and they will you will receive your luggage tags close to your vacation time- just like when you stay at a regular resort.

xipetotec
03-20-2008, 04:01 PM
I think I should have made myself clear.

1. Is there a charge for DVC members to use Magical Express?
2. Does Magical Express just send you the luggage tags after you make the reservation or do you have to ask for them?

Sorry to sound so dumb but I am just trying to gather information to make sure buying is something I really want to do.

DME is free. Call member services to register everyone in your room. They'll send you the yellow luggage tags that will make their way to your room.

Mrs Bus Driver
03-24-2008, 08:43 PM
:mickey: Thanks!

Maleficent's Dad
03-25-2008, 10:22 AM
I wouldn't trust the website with that information.
Jeff,
I was skeptical of using the website for DME at first, but decided to give it a try.

It has worked well for us thus far - just got my DME tags in the mail this week for late April.

I've also sent it in for my August trip; if it doesn't work out well, I'll be sure to post. But I'm hoping/presuming that it will go as smoothly.

JPL
04-16-2008, 08:01 PM
Well I was right to be Skeptical :mad:

Dear Jeffrey,
Thank you for contacting Member Services for your Disney's Magical Express Reservation. In order for us to confirm your reservation, we request that you forward your flight information via reply email. We will complete your transportation arrangements once we obtain this information. If you prefer, you may also call us at (800) 800-9800 to add Disney's Magical Express to your existing reservations.

Sincerely, Todd
Member Services | Online CommunicationsDisney Vacation Club

I replied and resent my flight info which I already put in the form online :rolleyes: Got the standard you will hear back in 5 business days response and then never heard anything back so I called. Guess what they had no record of my DME on the reservation :shake: And then asked me if I was sure I sent it :rolleyes:

wendy*darling
04-16-2008, 10:29 PM
:shake:
I still call and speak to a human for all of my DVC arrangements.
Apparently some of their computer lines go straight into a black hole. ;)

JPL
04-16-2008, 10:44 PM
For a company that has been stressing how they want to be an online leader they sure are showing the opposite.