PDA

View Full Version : BBB question

Young@Heart
03-19-2008, 09:41 PM
I'm debating whether or not to book this for DD (she'll be 5). I'd love it, but we only have 6 days and I don't want to spend too much time on this. About how long would I have to allow for BBB? We'd probably do the DTD location, b/c I'd have a hard time being at MK and spending so much time on a hairdo. :blush:

fairies*n*fireflies
03-19-2008, 11:40 PM
I would love to know the same thing! We are planning on a trip at Christmas and I think it would make a great gift for our girls to have time at the "salon" for them. They love that type of stuff. And which location is better to make reservations at? DTD or at the Castle?

FlaTinkRAMESAM
03-20-2008, 12:57 AM
We did it at the MK location and my DD, who had just turned 3, absolutely loved it. She is such a girly girl and I love it!

They were running a tad late with our 9:25 appt, but they got us in about 15 min after that. It took about 40 minutes to do her hair, make-up, and nails. Then we went over to the picture place thingy at the front of the park (someone help me with a name) and did the pictures at the little studio thingy they have just for BBB. We had preordered the photocd, and all those pictures were included on the cd. anybody that does the BBB can get the pictures, you just have to either pay extra for them via photopass, have them on the CD, or have done the Castle Package for BBB which include 4 4x6s and a 6x8. They took a TON of pictures and poses...really cute stuff! So you don't have to do that though, if time is an issue. That little photo thing took about 20 min. For a 6 day period, the 1.5 total (if you do all of it - the hair do plus the photo thing, plus a minimal wait at either and walking from castle to shop; if you are at DTD I think the photo place is right next to it--but I dunno for sure; someone can clarify) is pretty minuscule.

We have only done the MK location, but honestly, that just added to the magic of it, because she got her hair done at the castle, and she still talks about it all the time. There will be arguments for both. The nice thing about the castle location is that the photo ops with the princesses and other characters @ ToonTown or around MK and in front of the castle are just amazing. One of her favorite pictures is her hair all done up, in her new Aurora costume, getting a picture with Aurora. Of course, they asked her name and she told them it was Aurora (she now does this with any princess she is dressed up like...lol).

If you would like to see pictures from the photo session that photopass did, I can put some up on flickr and send you a link if either of you would like to see them. Just PM me or respond on here and let me know!

fairies*n*fireflies
03-21-2008, 11:16 AM
Thanks so much for the info! I sent you a pm...:thumbsup:

FlaTinkRAMESAM
03-21-2008, 12:38 PM
Here's a link to our BBB pictures (read info on the side about the PhotoPass edits--some are w/, some are w/o, so if you get the photopass ones when you go, just know that you can add the icons if you'd like, but you get the original regardless.).

http://www.flickr.com/gp/55707445@N00/00v09J

ENJOY my little monkey!

JMTStone
03-21-2008, 02:19 PM
We did the BBB Castle package in November and Loved it. We got a 'before the park opens" appointment so we didn't miss mutch. I got our ADR for Cinderella's table for about an 1 and 1/2 after the appointment. It was wonderful. We didn't miss a thing. It was DD6's birthday and she got a special "Birthday Girl" sash that everyone (even fellow WDW visitors) wished her a happy birthday. She really felt like a princess all day long.

g8rgirl29
04-05-2008, 02:59 PM
We did DD BBB, we made our reservation for early morning. I think we had the first appt. of the morning, that way we knew they wouldn't be running behind. There was nobody at DD at that time of the morning. It took about 35 minutes for the nails hair and make-up "Crown" package, we brought our own costume. I think our 3yo got the pop princess hairstyle, and it stayed in for 3 days which saved a lot of hair grooming time each day. Also you can go and get portraits taken after the makeover. I found it to be well worth the time and money spent. I have never seen a room full of little girls so quiet in all my life, they all seemed awe-struck. We are trying out MK BBB in Sept. and totally looking forward to it!!!