PDA

View Full Version : Year of a Million Dreams...how likely?

Young@Heart
03-19-2008, 09:36 PM
While I would love a YOAMD lanyard and fastpasses, I think much rather get the new Mickey ears. How likely is it to get either of these in a park? Has anyone here actually been lucky enough to get either (or both!)? :mickey3:

FlaTinkRAMESAM
03-19-2008, 09:55 PM
It is all random, luck of the draw, right place at the right time kinda picking.

There is no way of knowing when and where they will pick someone for a dream.

We go all the time and have only gotten picked for a dream once and it was only b/c my daughter fell in front of one of the dream team guys and he gave her a dream tink pin.

Don't go on your trip trying to chase the dream team guys... they have a specific place and time and number that they give out.

That being said, good luck, and I hope you guys are given a dream!

minnie1956
03-19-2008, 10:24 PM
We've been several times since it started and even passed up groups of the dream team and have never even been glanced at.
It is some magic equation they come up with and the luck of the draw.

Good luck to you. We're going in June and hopeful for another chance!

kakn7294
03-19-2008, 10:26 PM
I'd love to have a set of the Mickey ears myself but when we won lanyards and pins last year, I very nearly cried because I was so thrilled to win those. I'd still like the Mickey ears, but I'm so happy that I won at all that it really doesn't matter that much. You can win more than once but it's all on being at the right place at the right time. Good luck!!!

BTW, we won while in line to meet Minnie at Camp Minnie-Mickey in AK. It was killing me to watch them hand out the prizes while we were waiting because I was sure that they would leave before we got there, especially after Minnie had to take a quick cheese break.

Pirate Granny
03-19-2008, 11:12 PM
I've been four times and never even saw a dream team...however, I did ride the bus back to the All Star Movies with the family that won the night in the castle...they didn't even have a clue what they won or what was involved, never even heard of the Year of a Million Dreams...it was kinda cute listening to them and then telling them about the 'whole package' they won...
:pirate:

Young@Heart
03-19-2008, 11:57 PM
Thanks everyone! I am generally unlucky so I doubt I'll get "chosen". But I wondered how frequently these things are given out. I read on another board about someone who not only won the castle stay, but the lanyard and ears, all in one day! That would never happen to me.

It's too bad you can't buy the ears in the parks. I think they're so pretty!

FlaTinkRAMESAM
03-20-2008, 12:35 AM
Thanks everyone! I am generally unlucky so I doubt I'll get "chosen". But I wondered how frequently these things are given out. I read on another board about someone who not only won the castle stay, but the lanyard and ears, all in one day! That would never happen to me.

It's too bad you can't buy the ears in the parks. I think they're so pretty!

I like the ones from last year much better... but heck, I'd certainly take em this year! :mickey:

LoriMistress
03-20-2008, 01:25 AM
DH and I won Dream FPs at MGM/DHS and AK. We also won lanyard at AK. We got some other "unofficial" dreams as well, but winning the Dream FPs were wonderful.

mrsgaribaldi
03-20-2008, 01:32 AM
We've been to the parks maybe 5 or 6 trips since the year of a million dreams started and we haven't won a thing in the parks. However, I entered with postcards and I won the lanyard and pins. It was really cool to just get them in the mail one day. I have continued to enter that way and I suggest others do the same:mickey:

King Triton
03-20-2008, 11:51 AM
Don't get your hopes up too high.

I think I have about 17 "thru-the-gate" days since YOMD started. I have yet to even see the Dream Team, much less win anything. I do occasionally see someone wearing the dream FastPass though.

Just go about your normal business, and maybe you'll get lucky. Someone has to win!

DisFan01
03-20-2008, 11:56 AM
I have yet to even see the Dream Team, much less win anything. I do occasionally see someone wearing the dream FastPass though.

Exactly what I was going to say...

I have never won anything either. :(

Maybe next time! ;)

#1donaldfan
03-20-2008, 12:17 PM
We got the ears after getting off of SM this past July......it was very cool to win something, plus they are pertty cool to boot. It's luck of the draw in winning.......I don't care to win anything, I just like being there !!:thumbsup:

SurferStitch
03-20-2008, 12:22 PM
Just go to WDW not expecting to win anything, and you won't be disappointed.

DH and I have spent about 23 park days since the YOAMD started, and we didn't win anything. We did see the Dream Team a few times, but never saw them giving anything out. Saw plenty of lanyards and ears floating around, though.

BMan62
03-20-2008, 12:30 PM
In December, I stood and talked with a DT member for about 10 minutes - he had a Michigan Wolverine tag and I am a Penn State fan all the way. We discussed the bowl season. DW got tired of me standing there yakking and pulled me away. Her face dropped when I told her that he was DT.

In any event, 14 gate days and nothing but a chat. I'm not disappointed though, that was 14 days at WDW!!!!

Bohms4
03-20-2008, 12:42 PM
What exactly is the YOMD Fastpass? Is that different from a regular fastpass??

Young@Heart
03-20-2008, 12:46 PM
What exactly is the YOMD Fastpass? Is that different from a regular fastpass??

I know they're different, but I'm not even sure how they work, myself. :blush: I know they're a possible "prize" from Year of a Million Dreams. I think they give you a one fast pass for several of the more popular attraction at the park you're at. And, of course, you get them all at once. No waiting for a current FP time to come and go. :thumbsup:

BMan62
03-20-2008, 12:58 PM
I know they're different, but I'm not even sure how they work, myself. :blush: I know they're a possible "prize" from Year of a Million Dreams. I think they give you a one fast pass for several of the more popular attraction at the park you're at. And, of course, you get them all at once. No waiting for a current FP time to come and go. :thumbsup:

The YOMD Dream Fastpass is a lanyard with a card that has one tab for each Fastpass attraction for that park. As you use it, the tabs are removed and you are left with a souvenir card with the park and date on it.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
03-20-2008, 01:20 PM
I've seen several Dream Team members awarding prizes, including the $500 shopping spree twice and I caught the tail end of the Castle stay.

They give out around 400-500 hats a day per park, and it's usually after a ride gets out from a simulator but again, it is random.

The promotion is run by an outside company who uses a computer to determine the location of the prize winners. It's a very, very specific location so that there is no arguement as to who won.

WLD4
03-20-2008, 01:54 PM
My daughter won the fastpasses and I won the Mickey ears (on different days). :mickey:

jordy2028
03-20-2008, 02:07 PM
Hello, going to WDW in June and too excited. We haven't been for about 10 yrs. So, is it a particular theme park that gets selected or could it be just any one theme park? How do we recognize a dream team member? This site has been wonderful for my planning!

KylesMom
03-20-2008, 02:18 PM
We were there in June for fifteen days - spent each of the 15 days at a park, and also didn't receive a dream. It truly is the luck of the draw . . .

NJ Camper
03-20-2008, 02:35 PM
first off welcome to intercot we also have seen them but with 2 visits and 28 days we still haven't won either so who knows maybe on our next 2 week visit we will get lucky good luck to all :mickey:

Gator
03-20-2008, 04:04 PM

I think I have about 17 "thru-the-gate" days since YOMD started. I have yet to even see the Dream Team, much less win anything. I do occasionally see someone wearing the dream FastPass though.

Just go about your normal business, and maybe you'll get lucky. Someone has to win!

Same here. Never even saw a dream team last time I went. Saw lanyards and ears, but never the team. Talk about being in the wrong place all the time.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
03-21-2008, 05:47 AM
All four parks are involved but once the allocation of prizes has been distributed for the day, it is removed from the system for the remainder of the day. There could be multiple time prizes (lanyards, movie passes, hats, etc), or once a month prizes (shopping sprees, etc)

An example would be the Castle Suite. If the call goes to AK, no one in the other parks can win it for that day because there is only one suite. But there are several smaller prizes to be won.

Dream Squad CM's have two jobs technically - one is obviously awarding dreams. The other is interacting with the Guests, called a "greeter." When they are not awarding prizes, they wear a light blue button up shirt and khaki pants. They will usually have a bag that says YOMD on it. When in prize-mode (meaning, someone is about to win something bigger and they already have the person selected but not awarded), they will also wear a white vest.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
03-21-2008, 10:19 AM
Dream Squad CM's have two jobs technically - one is obviously awarding dreams. The other is interacting with the Guests, called a "greeter." When they are not awarding prizes, they wear a light blue button up shirt and khaki pants. They will usually have a bag that says YOMD on it. When in prize-mode (meaning, someone is about to win something bigger and they already have the person selected but not awarded), they will also wear a white vest.

My daughter had the best time in front of the big hat at DHS in January with some of the Dream Team members in "non-prize mode." They blew bubbles and let her chase them, then they let her blow bubbles, and even gave her a little thing of bubbles. She loves that so much. I have some really cute pictures of this (I put some in my trip report picture link back in January). It was really special to her.

MOJoe
03-21-2008, 11:51 AM
My family won Dream Fastpasses and Mouse Ears at Epcot last year. The fastpasses were given out in the garden area, after we entered through the International Gateway. We got the Mouse Ears as we exited Mission Space. :mickey: We felt very, very lucky! :cloud9:

nana2317
03-21-2008, 02:42 PM
We won both the ears and Dream fast passes on our recent trip. Ears on our first day at Test Track and fast passes on our second day after riding Winnie the Pooh. We were thrilled !

FenwayGirl
03-21-2008, 02:57 PM
We did a nine day trip back in January and never even saw a Dream cast member...very disappointing!

IloveDisney71
03-21-2008, 03:32 PM
I was at WDW for 4 full days in December and never saw a Dream Team anywhere. I was there for 3 days in Feb. and saw the Dream team once. They started giving away the Dream mouse ears right after we got in line at Mission Space. If we had gotten in line 1 minute later we would have gotten a pair. Oh well!