PDA

View Full Version : Top pick resort outside of WDW?

nat
03-19-2008, 08:58 PM
If you had to pick a deluxe or home away from home resort outside of WDW where would you stay (price not being an option)? Thanks!

FlaTinkRAMESAM
03-19-2008, 09:24 PM
We stayed one night at The Buena Vista Palace right across the street from DTD. It was gorgeous! Very nice accommodations and the rooms were very large. And you can get some really nice discounts, plus shuttle to all the parks.

MauiMouse
03-19-2008, 09:39 PM
Last year we stayed at Marriott World Center, just minutes from Downtown Disney & Epcot. Great views of Disney, very easy to get to the parks and back to the hotel. I'd stay there again.

This year we are staying the JW Marriott Grand Lakes, it's actually closer to SeaWorld than Disney. We shall see how this "new" resorts stacks up. :mickey:

nat
03-20-2008, 07:28 AM
Thanks, keep them coming I will check out all the places! Has anyone ever heard of Royale Caribe, it looks nice...but...it has gotten several bad reviews?? Also, my boys are 13 and love a cool pool??

pox24
03-20-2008, 08:16 AM
The Gaylord Palms on Osceola Parkway. Its about 1 mile from POP and WWof Sports. It's a magnificent place. I was there on business last December. :thumbsup:

eeyoremom
03-20-2008, 10:14 AM
Check out the Holiday Inn Nickolodeon Hotel. We stayed there with young teens before it was the Nick. They liked it a lot. Room to spread out as all rooms are suites. Since becoming the Nick, it has a full waterpark. Get on the email list-they offer some pretty good discounts. We were there over Thanksgiving, several years ago-had buy a nite get a nite free. The man in line in front of us was paying exactly double.

DisneyDog
03-20-2008, 10:38 AM
I would choose either the Royal Pacific or Hard Rock Hotel, both at Universal. They are both amazing, beautiful and relaxing.

King Triton
03-20-2008, 12:10 PM
I had the opportunity to stay at the Hilton across from Downtown Disney once for business, and it was very nice. The easy walk to DTD Marketplace was nice too.

Not a resort, but the Courtyard Marriott on Palm Parkway was nice...have stayed there twice.

Only one I wasn't thrilled with was a Clarion that was on US 192...

Taja
03-20-2008, 01:26 PM
Thanks, keep them coming I will check out all the places! Has anyone ever heard of Royale Caribe, it looks nice...but...it has gotten several bad reviews?? Also, my boys are 13 and love a cool pool??

I haven't stayed there personally, but some friends with a 12-year-old son loved Vistana. There are a lot of activities, as well as swimming.

Gee Wally
03-20-2008, 04:04 PM
If you have kids, we have 3, we enjoyed staying one time at the Nick Hotel. Great pool area.

It had a lot to keep them occupied and the rooms were spacious and reasonable.

http://www.nickhotel.com/

nat
03-20-2008, 05:36 PM
We do have kids a set of twin boys (13)!

wendy*darling
03-20-2008, 07:31 PM
Check out All Star Vacation Homes (http://www.allstarvacationhomes.com/?ovchn=OTHER&ovcpn=Listing+Sites&ovcrn=Intercot&ovtac=AD)- an INTERCOT sponsor.

They have terrific private homes and condos, many with private pools and games rooms. :thumbsup: (The boys will LOVE that!)
And the prices are very reasonable as well.

mouseaddict
03-20-2008, 07:32 PM
We recently stayed at the Hilton Grand Vacation club at Sea World. The suite was great and the pools were fantastic. Lots of kids activities and a spa for mom and dad!

PetefromRI
03-20-2008, 07:49 PM
Last year we stayed at the Marriott Grande Vista and look forward to going again.Great pools and villas.We stayed with a timeshare owner and they requested a newer,refurbished building and it was awesome.Right down the road from SeaWorld.About 15 minuted from Disney.

BelleLovesTheBeast
03-21-2008, 01:15 PM
Last year we stayed at Marriott World Center, just minutes from Downtown Disney & Epcot. Great views of Disney, very easy to get to the parks and back to the hotel. I'd stay there again.

We too stayed there last year for a family trip. I was greatly surprised by how close it was to Epcot. It was faster than the WDW resort buses. It was really nice. I'd stay there again if I wasn't staying on Disney property!