PDA

View Full Version : I need help finding chocolate coins!!

ljv1975
03-19-2008, 04:06 PM
For Easter, we've decided to do a pirate treasure hunt for Sophie. After our trip and riding PotC and meeting Captain Jack, she has wanted to play pirates everyday!

Anyway, Levi is making a treasure chest out of an old box and we are going to hide her basket in there and make a treasure map for her to follow. Now I'm on a last minute search for the gold covered chocolate coins. I wish I would have bought some of the Mickey ones from the gift shop when we were on vacation!!

Do you think I'll be able to find them at Wal Mart or Target or someplace like that? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!! :pirate:

Dakota Rose
03-19-2008, 04:13 PM
If Wal-Mart doesn't have them, you may find 'em at Toys R Us. I used to see them at Cost Plus all the time. Good luck!

TinkiTime1989
03-19-2008, 04:17 PM
Stores like Party City usually have themed party candy and such. You might want to try that. Have fun!

DisneyDog
03-19-2008, 04:23 PM
I saw them the other day at Gertrude Hawk, but they were probably expensive. Not sure if you have that chocolatier near you or not, but they have the BEST chocolate. I do see you are in Pennsylvania, so maybe you do have one near you. I saw it at the King of Prussia Plaza.

disneydrmr
03-19-2008, 04:23 PM
I had looked for these last week to use at my church's St. Patrick dinner.. couldn't find them at Target or at Walmart... this week - found them at CVS and Walgreens... kinda expensive.. 99 cents for a mesh bag of about 13 or so... but that's the only two places I have seen them. Good luck!

tinklover
03-19-2008, 05:18 PM
yeah party stores usually carry them and sometimes craft stores too. good luck and happy treasure hunting:chest::skull::pirate:

Davyjones
03-19-2008, 06:06 PM
You could see if candy stores in the malls have them. I think I remember seeing them at a Sweet Factory store.

Good luck!:thumbsup:

Donald
03-19-2008, 06:14 PM
Check your bulk candy section at your grocery store. I believe they are made by Palmer chocolate. Good luck!:mickey:

crazypoohbear
03-19-2008, 06:30 PM
I've seen them at CVS.
also, you could call disney merchandising and see if you could get them express shipped to you. Might be too expensive but if your heart is set on mickey ones.
I have also seen them at party stores.
iparty, michaels etc.
Good luck with your search