PDA

View Full Version : Changing Resorts-should or shouldn't I?

*NikkiJ*
03-19-2008, 01:20 PM
How difficult might it be to change resorts?

We are hoping for free dining (yes I know it is not "free") but it still is cheaper than having to pay for DDP out of pocket, but if it is not offered or not offered when we can go, we are most likely going to downgrade to a value resort (Pop) from a mod (CBR). Would it be difficult to change the resorts?

If it helps, if we downgrade rooms because we have to pay for DDP out of pocket, it will save around $500...

Also this is our 1st ever family trip & will probably be the last one for a couple of years (DH and I are trying to expand a family & don't to travel if I am expecting or with infants)

The poll is about whether we should say forget it and stay in a mod no matter what or just down grade to a value

Quasimodo
03-19-2008, 01:24 PM
Disney Reservations are very easy to deal with. I don't think you would have any trouble changing to another resort as long as rooms are available.

Tygger7
03-19-2008, 01:57 PM
I guess the only thing to consider is could you vacation comfortably if free dining is not offered, and you're staying at a moderate.

Personally, from all the feedback I've heard about Pop Century, I'd make my reservations there because I think they will book up faster since they are a value resort. If free dining comes out and you want to upgrade, you can if CBR has availability. If not, you just have more money for souvenirs. :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-19-2008, 02:18 PM
If you have the $$, and can pay for the moderate without having to panic about the cost, then go for it!

If staying at CBR will really break the bank, then book for POP, and enjoy the trip no matter what.

I wouldn't book based on the hope of an offer...better to book what you want/what you can afford, and then change if the opportunity comes up.

GrmGrninGost
03-19-2008, 05:42 PM
If money is not a problem, splurge! But in all honesty, I don't see that big a difference in POP and CBR. Of course, we spend very little time at the resort, preferring to spend as much time as possible in the parks, that makes a difference also. Either way you go, it is WDW, so I'm sure you'll have a great time! :mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
03-19-2008, 05:44 PM
I like both those resorts. We're staying at PoP in May because we got a good rate. If I didn't have to worry about money, and you don't, then I would stay at CBR too. We also don't spend much time in the room:mickey:

jennsky
03-19-2008, 06:22 PM
I agree with the other posters. If cost isn't a factor, then of course stay at CBR. But really, POP is a nice, fun resort and you are sure to have a good time at POP (while saving a few $$ as well!)!!

*NikkiJ*
04-01-2008, 09:44 AM
Well it looks like we have made our decision...

We have opted to go for POP if free dining is not offered for when we are going to WDW. We decided that the additional money we would spend at a mod, we could use to take another vacation (maybe WDW next year or somewhere else) and/or to use on the purchase of a new car for the family. All and all I would say the money would be well spent. THANKS for the all the opinions :thumbsup:

Oh, on a side note if free dining is offered it looks we are going to change to the POR because DH and DS want a pool with the slides:cool:

DDuck66
04-01-2008, 10:22 AM
I voted for Downgrade for one main reason...we love staying at the Pop. Realistically, I have never cared for the DDP even if it was free. Our typical dining does not fit the plan. We do a LOT of character dining so we use way too many TS credits and a lot less CS credits. The only time we go for CS meals is because of time restraints or if we are going to a hard ticket event.

KineGirl
04-01-2008, 10:26 AM
:mickey: Disney World is fun no matter where you stay

Here we go again...
04-01-2008, 12:15 PM
Oh, on a side note if free dining is offered it looks we are going to change to the POR because DH and DS want a pool with the slides:cool:
CBR also has a pool with a slide... It is very nice too.
We stayed at CBR and POR and my DD actually liked the CBR better.
POFQ has a better themed slide that POR...