PDA

View Full Version : Water Fountains

*NikkiJ*
03-19-2008, 12:19 PM
This is my first ever post-I have been reading tons of post for the past month in preparation for our first trip-DH & DS11 :mickey:

Are there water fountains spread throughout the parks? We will be going in the end of August and I would hate to carry around tons of full water bottles, I was thinking I would just refill them along the way...

THANKS!

Love of Disney
03-19-2008, 12:32 PM
First off.....:welcome:

I do remember seeing them at the parks, usually by the bathrooms. :cool:

#1donaldfan
03-19-2008, 12:34 PM
Yes, there are many, many of them....however the water has a "funny" taste......we only use them to re-fill our fan/spray bottles......we don't "normally" drink from the fountains.....I'm sure the water is fine, just has that funny taste....by the way

:pixie:Welcome to Intercot:pixie:

Taja
03-19-2008, 12:35 PM
Welcome to INTERCOT!

For the most part, any place you find a restroom, you'll also find a water fountain in the vicinity.

Many people don't like the taste of the water at WDW, particularly MK. I've found that, as long as the water is very cold, I'm fine with it. Can't stand it warm or room temperature, though! *LOL* But I'm accustomed to somewhat less than wonderful tasting city water. Perfectly safe, mind, just doesn't always taste wonderful! :)

Some people bring little packets of drink flavouring to get past the taste of the WDW water.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
03-19-2008, 01:12 PM
You can also visit any QSR restaurant (actual buildings, not the stands) and ask for a cup of ice water. They'll give it to you for free.

BriarRose0708
03-19-2008, 01:15 PM
Welcome to INTERCOT! You're going to love it here! Like some previous posters have said, there are water fountains just about anywhere there are bathrooms. *side tip- this is true everywhere, so if you're in an unfamiliar place like hotel, restaurant or conference center just look for a water fountain and there will be a bathroom nearby!.*

I personally don't think the water tastes funny, but many people seem to. Sometimes I'll use a Crystal Light to go pack to flavor it. This really saves money since bottled water at WDW is very expensive.

Have a magical and hydrated time!:mickey:

TheMartellFamily
03-19-2008, 02:49 PM
There are water fountains all over the place around the parks. But as others have said is that there is an odd smell and taste to it. We bring our own. If you have decided to refill your water bottles you may want to bring a flavor pack to add so it will be more appealing.

IloveDisney71
03-19-2008, 02:59 PM
I agree that the water from the water fountains tastes pretty bad but it is not as bad as the water I tasted in Las Vegas last year. YUCK!
If I'm really hot and thirsty I'll have a quick sip from a Disney water fountain, but I usually bring a bottled water with me from my resort and then buy more water at the parks.

Gator
03-19-2008, 03:14 PM
Drinking from the fountains is like drinking a Beverly at ClubCool. You'll have to find out if that is good or not.

DisFan01
03-19-2008, 03:20 PM
Drinking from the fountains is like drinking a Beverly at ClubCool. You'll have to find out if that is good or not.

Agreed! ;)

Goofy Texan
03-19-2008, 04:40 PM
Whether you drink from the fountains or not, just be sure to always have at least a little water with you at all times. There were several times (Magic Kingdom before opening, Light's Motors, Action Stunt Show at Disney Studios, and on the bus back to the resort) during my last visit that I couldn't get a drink when I really needed one. Even if it tastes bad, it will still keep dehydration at bay.

Just think of it as taking medicine :ack:

FlaTinkRAMESAM
03-19-2008, 04:48 PM
There are fountains all over and like Jessica said, you can go up to a quick service counter and ask for a cup of ice water for free.

Everyone's water tastes different to everyone else, so while water in say Oregon will taste one way, water in Georgia will taste different (to the people in Oregon and vice versa). It's all about where the water came from, what chemicals and how much of those chemicals are used in the water, etc. So you may or may not like the "different" taste compared to what you are used to.

I actually don't mind the water at Disney. But the only water I have ever not liked was in Enid, OK on tour for drum corps. It tasted like watered down rancid milk. It was AWFUL. :sick: :ack: It had like, a thick taste to it. I can't even describe it. And we HAD to drink it. We were in the sun from 7am until 6 that night and it was the only way to stay hydrated. So I might have a low expectation for water. lol

DisneyDog
03-19-2008, 04:54 PM
You could carry a thermos and ask for ice at a counter service restaurant and fill up with water at a fountain. It will taste better cold.

And, definitely try the Beverly!:thumbsup: