PDA

View Full Version : Quickest Way to Splash Mountain in AM

jbrentf
03-18-2008, 11:27 PM
Just curious what the quickest way to get to Splash Mountain is first thing when the gates open at 9am?

Scrod
03-18-2008, 11:35 PM
Run!:blush:

Seriously, this was recently discussed, you should search for the thread.

bruin1344
03-19-2008, 07:20 AM
cut through adventureland

jakeybake
03-19-2008, 07:22 AM
I aggre with scrod run for your life. :thumbsup:

lockedoutlogic
03-19-2008, 07:36 AM
cut through adventureland

i would bet that the quickest way is to enter Adventureland and then cut through the Gift Shop/ Restrooms in the center to empty out in Frontierland near the Diamond Horshoe Revue.....

But you need physicists with Charts and graphs and stuff to be completely sure....and probably a spotter helicopter and/or satallite in low geometric orbit:thumbsup:

tplmarc
03-19-2008, 08:41 AM
Jump on the train right there at main street U.S.A.. 1st stop frontierland! I haven't tried this myself but I hear you beat every person there by a long shot!

MOJoe
03-19-2008, 10:27 AM
The WDW Train makes it to Splash about the same time as the first group of runners. So run if you feel like it, or ride and get there with a train load of others. Either way, you will get on one of the first few logs down into the brier patch.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
03-19-2008, 04:17 PM
I guess we have always gone at low crowd times.We have never had to run to Splash! :confused:

Soarin is another story!;)

We always go to Adventureland first to hit POTC for our first ride and then head over to Splash. I think that route works rather well.

Have fun!

WDW24
03-19-2008, 05:36 PM
RUN FOR YOUR LIFE! :thumbsup:

dumbo ears
03-19-2008, 06:54 PM
run and cut through adventureland

Young@Heart
03-19-2008, 09:31 PM
Jump on the train right there at main street U.S.A.. 1st stop frontierland! I haven't tried this myself but I hear you beat every person there by a long shot!

This was our practice, as well. :thumbsup: Works great, and you should be able to ride 2 or 3 times w/ no wait.

Tink2002
03-19-2008, 11:56 PM
i would bet that the quickest way is to enter Adventureland and then cut through the Gift Shop/ Restrooms in the center to empty out in Frontierland near the Diamond Horshoe Revue.....

This is what we do every time and it works like a charm. Seriously. I also get a little bit of a kick out of the surprised faces of the people that have been waiting at frontierland to run to splash when you burst out of the bathroom area ahead of them. I know, I know, I'm a bit easily amused...:blush:

Funcruiser56
03-20-2008, 09:34 PM
We take the train too. We used to walk as fast as we could and be all hot and bothered when we got there so we tried the train. Now we get there relaxed and no crowds waiting for us when we get there either.

Funcruiser

TheRustyScupper
03-21-2008, 02:47 PM
Beam you over, Scotty.

FenwayGirl
03-21-2008, 02:56 PM
The train is definately the fastest way...you get to ride both Splash and Thunder mountains before any lines really form

Hull-onian
03-21-2008, 07:00 PM
We have a dilema. GS wants Space Mountain--Nana wants Splash Mountain. They are at opposite ends of MK. I think we will--:teleport:

pook@wdw
03-21-2008, 07:17 PM
2 ways. Either on the WDW railroad @ Main St station and off @ the Splash depot (depending on the wait time), or down Main St, left @ Crystal Palace, over Adventureland bridge, past POTC, thru breezeway on right, comes out @ Frontierland and straight ahead to Splash Mountain.:thumbsup:

PhilHarHarMagic
03-21-2008, 08:05 PM
Running may not be an option anymore. We were there for open Saturday. Opening time was 9, the pre-open show started about 8:40 and was done about 8:53. They let us in and we went to the bridge at Liberty Square/Frontierland. From there they had a rope drop, but we were asked to walk behind the castmember. From there we walked through Frontierland where there were castmembers from Splash and TMRR lined up across the walkway and they calmly walked us to the rides.

It's really not that big of a deal - you could probably ride it two or three times without much of a wait - even on busy days.