PDA

View Full Version : Tipping on the DDP

starrmomof2
03-18-2008, 07:43 PM
I know one of the major differences in the DDP this year vs 06 when we were there last is the tip is no longer included. The only problem I foresee with this is knowing how much the bill totals to be able to figure a tip. On our last visit, it was probably 50/50 as to getting a bill with an amount on it along with a zero bill showing the credits used. Sometimes we only received the 'zero' bill. What has been your experience in getting something showing the total so you knew how to figure the 15 -20%? I don't mind leaving a service appropriate tip, but I don't want to have to add up the bill in my head while we're ordering. Thanks!!

wendy*darling
03-18-2008, 07:47 PM
As I understand it- the servers are more than willing to make sure you know the tip is not included.
At the end of the meal your bill will show the total, and in many cases both an 18% and 20% figure for tip options.
They don't want you to have to do too much math at the table! ;)

terri110874
03-18-2008, 08:33 PM
I justed got back from WDW, and we used the DDP. The server brings over the 1st check which shows the total of the dinner with tips of 18% and 20% at the end. Once you hand you key to the world over to him to pay, he/she takes it to pay and then comes back with a new slip showing zero and ts credits on it for you sign it.

BritCody
03-19-2008, 07:32 AM
What if you are giving cash for a tip? Does the first check show the bill and suggested tip amount??? I assume it is handled differently than someone who is tipping through their key to the world card.

LauraF
03-19-2008, 09:56 AM
Make your life easier - figure the tip from tax. Florida tax is 6.5% so if you just multiply the tax by 3 you leave a very nice tip; 2 times leaves a more reasonable tip.

lightyearfan
03-19-2008, 03:19 PM
you know i can't figure out why the changes on the new DDP anyway, why they took out the apetizer and tip is beyond me? me and dw upgraded our package from the basic DDP to the deluxe DDP, so the apetizer portion won't effect us. as far as tip goes, i won't know how much to leave until we see how the service and food is, i don't care how high the bill is if the food and service stink the tip will stink, i'm not a subscriber to you leave 18% on what the total bill is, if we don't get treated like we should then the tip will suffer. even last June while on the basic DDP, the service and food were all great, we left an extra $10 on top of the 18% that was automatic on the old version, so you see when service and food are good i'll leave extra money, but now that it's all out of pocket time will tell how much tip that we'll leave. i'm sorry if this offends some people, but this is my feeling on tiping. 1 last thing, my and dw have never really gotten bad service while at WDW, so if you leave it on that note then i guess the tip will be great? again time will tell.

Victor