PDA

View Full Version : Colgate Foundation - vote for a pediatric Center addition

NYC WDW Fan
03-18-2008, 04:56 PM
I received this request from a friend of mine to try and help get a pedriatic center added to his hospital. If you can, please log in and vote for NUMC (Nassau University Medical Center).

Pick NY, eastern/manhattan, nassau

Good Morning everyone I am writing to ask everyone for their help. It will take two minutes of your time but it will make a world of difference to the children that we treat here at the NUMC. We have been nominated to enter a contest through the Colgate Foundation to possible receive 2 Startlight Fun Centers for our Pediatric Unit. Here is where you come in. I need everyone to vote for us to be a recipient. The more votes we get the better… Each person can vote once ever 24 hours, voting ends on March 31st. Pass is on to your friends…

Right click the attached link to open page look for our hospital listed under New York.. Eastern New York..Nassau University Medical Center….and vote away.

www.colgate.com/starlight

Pass it on to your friends and family…and Thank you for voting.... Remember you can vote every 24 hours…

Thanks for any and all help! :thumbsup:

ElenitaB
03-18-2008, 07:50 PM
Radio Disney often talks about the Starlight Foundation. It's a great organization and the service they provide is invaluable to the pediatric patients (having spent more than my share of time in the hospital, I can vouch that they'd be a valuable addition for adults too :blush:).

Thanks for pointing this out to us!

NYC WDW Fan
03-20-2008, 07:08 PM
Bump up . . .

Please keep voting if you can!

Thanks!

Here's a direct link:

http://www.colgate.com/app/Colgate/US/Corp/CommunityPrograms/Starlight-Starbright-Childrens-Foundation/vote/Albany.cvsp

NYC WDW Fan
03-28-2008, 08:23 AM
Page 1 bump -

Final voting weekend free-for-all!

Please continue to vote, it's helping and we're gaining on Albany. It's going to be tough, but there's always a chance!

Thanks to all who have voted so far! :thumbsup:

NYC WDW Fan
04-01-2008, 12:14 PM
Thank you all!!!!!

Due to the overwhelming votes, they are adding a center to ALL the hospitals!

Here's the thank you from Nassau University Medical Center:
Subject: Thank you!

Thank you everyone… I would like to take this opportunity to Thank you all for your out pouring of votes over the last month. Although we got a late start we did really well.
I was informed this morning that due to our tremendous efforts we won at least one Starlight Fun Center for the Pediatric Unit that contains a Nintendo Wii System. I assure you that these systems are used everyday by the patients of pediatrics whether it used during treatments or in the middle of the night to help take their mind off of their pain.
I will be told on April 4th if we received enough votes nationwide to have received a second system. Again I thank you all for your efforts and extend my appreciation to your family members and co-workers that helped in the cause. Linda

Linda Walsh, CTRS - Director
Therapeutic Recreation Department
Nassau University Medical Center

Here's the response on the Colgate site:
The outpouring of support from 2007 Colgate-Palmolive and Starlight national online Fun Center voting contest was wonderful and resulted in an overwhelming success, with more than 2 million votes cast. This year, Colgate-Palmolive is awarding all 30 participating hospitals a Starlight Fun Center – a mobile entertainment unit that kids can enjoy at their bedside or anywhere in a hospital setting. And now you can make an even bigger difference. The ten hospitals that receive the most online votes will receive two Starlight Fun Centers, generously sponsored by Colgate-Palmolive. That's double the amount of fun and laughter offered to children undergoing treatment for chronic and life-threatening illnesses.

Thank you for your support. Voting has closed!
Every participating hospital will receive a Fun Center.
Check back April 3rd to find out which hospital in each geography will receive a second Fun Center.

Thanks again for all your help spreading the pixie dust!! :pixie: