PDA

View Full Version : Which value resort?

kid@heartforever
03-18-2008, 04:13 PM
I need some advice on the value resorts. We are going to WDW in November, which value resort is the best in your opinion? :mickey:

wilshade
03-18-2008, 05:22 PM
As my sig indicates, I have been to Pop Century many times and have enjoyed each stay there.

For me, the vibe of the place is what I enjoy the most. From the "Have a Groovy day!" greeting from the CMs to pizza delivery from "Peace O Pizza" just puts a smile on my face.

Hourglass Lake is a big plus. And where else can you have fun in the "Hippy Dippy Pool"?

Folks will have different opinions and experiences, of course. But, Pop is comfortable and reliable and fun for me.

disneymom15
03-18-2008, 05:52 PM
I've lost count on how many times we've been to Disney (25 plus) and each time except once have stayed in the values. Our favorite is Pop.
Nicer bus service and food court.

Love of Disney
03-18-2008, 06:35 PM
I have only stayed at ASSports. At the time my nephew was 9 and he really loved the huge sports items. I guess it depends on who is going and what they like. Happy deciding!!! :cool:

Mommy2boys
03-18-2008, 06:47 PM
We really like Pop, We will be returning to Pop again in July.

GrmGrninGost
03-18-2008, 07:09 PM
POP! :mickey: But, in all fairness, I've enjoyed my stays at each!

cajunmickey
03-18-2008, 08:05 PM
Our favorite is Music. But have never stayed at Pop.

N2DisneyWorld
03-18-2008, 08:10 PM
We have stayed at the AS Movies and the AS Music.

I think you will be happy with any of the value resorts. Go and look at pictures of each resort (food courts, pools, lobby, rooms & other recreational areas) and pick the one you think you would like best.

Have a great trip! We will also be there in November. :mickey:

Celakip
03-18-2008, 08:37 PM
POP is definately the best. But if you can't get a room there, I would go for SPORTS. It's the first stop on the bus route, so you usually have a better chance of getting a seat.:mickey:

Bringonthemouse!
03-18-2008, 10:11 PM
Pop is :number1: for us! We are heading there in Nov. for our third stay!

lightyearfan
03-19-2008, 11:28 AM
well me and dw have stayed at the All Star Movies+Music resorts and both are very nice, with nice props outside your area, but All Star Music is a little more quieter, and the last two times we stayed at Music, we didn't have any problems what so ever, as far as the busing , this doesn't effect us as we rent a car, so our vote is for Disneys All Star Music Resort

Enjoy your upcoming trip
Victor

disneydeb
03-19-2008, 11:51 AM
We always end up at Sports, mainly due to my children's love of basketball and baseball (when they were young). We love the fact that it is the first bus stop.

Now that we have a grandson, we will probably stay at ASMovies for a couple of years.

Charlee
03-19-2008, 12:25 PM
We've stayed at both All Star Movies and Pop and though we liked AsMovies, we preferred Pop - the food court is great, the pools are well themed and the resort is so much fun with all the big icons! Can't wait to go back to Pop in June!

EpcotChic23
03-19-2008, 12:28 PM
I just stayed at the pop in Feb for business. I loved it, I would highly recommend it.:number1:

TheMartellFamily
03-19-2008, 02:57 PM
Pop

JerseyDad
03-19-2008, 04:39 PM
...stayed at ASM once...after staying at POP right after it had opened. Based on that comparison....we have always opted for POP since then. It feels like it's "our" home away from home whan at WDW.

Sentimentality aside......it's (to me) a bit brighter and more "Disney" in the feel of the place. The grounds are really nice...they've always had a great housekeeping staff....and the food court is tops.

It's also nice that it has its own bus......:D

Jasper
03-19-2008, 04:47 PM
All of the values are virtually alike so it is really theming that makes the difference. And as for one being newer than the others it all really depends on when you hit the refurbishment cycle as to which are the "newest" at any given time. In other words pick the theme you like and you should be happy.

BluewaterBrad
03-19-2008, 05:07 PM
All of the values are virtually alike so it is really theming that makes the difference. And as for one being newer than the others it all really depends on when you hit the refurbishment cycle as to which are the "newest" at any given time. In other words pick the theme you like and you should be happy.

I agree!!:mickey:

DizneyFanz
03-20-2008, 05:34 PM
Pop! And I base my answer (mostly) on one aspect of this particular value as apposed to the others....

No sharing of buses!

It makes a big difference in overall travel time, crowds, wait time and available seats on the bus!

bruin1344
03-21-2008, 08:12 AM
Ive stayed at POP and AS Sports. Prefer POP because of location to the other parks and the bus goes to one stop but you cant go wrong with the All Stars either.

poohluva
03-21-2008, 12:20 PM
We've stayed at ASMusic and ASMovies, we liked Movies better!! :mickey: