PDA

View Full Version : Help with resort for Christmas stay!!!

Lillex
03-18-2008, 03:48 PM
We are DVC members and I have a reservation at the BCV for 12/23-1/2. (I have to pay cash for 4 of the nights due to not having enough points...this is around $2000) We are in a one bedroom.

I decided I would really love to stay at the GF for a few of these nights. We have never been at Christmas and we are celebrating our 10th Anniversary during our trip. I did reserve SL at GF but this will be about $3500 for 4 nights. I thought we would then move over to the BCV and this would eliminate me having to pay for cash nights.

I just feel quilty about paying the extra when we are DVC members. I could book a GV room at the GF to save $$$.

Should I do the split stay or just enjoy the one bedroom for the entire trip.

Opinions please before I drive myself crazy!

mrsgaribaldi
03-19-2008, 08:08 AM
I think if you want to stay at the GF then you should, if the cost is not a problem. We don't stay in the room long enough for me to feel ok about that much money. Of course, if money were not a problem I would stay the Polynesian every time:mickey:

:welcome:to Intercot :wave:

Mom on a Mission
03-19-2008, 03:42 PM
If you can swing the price tag -- Do it!

We stayed for a 4 night trip in early December a few years ago. It was magical! The holiday decorations in the main lobby are amazing and it was a great way to start our December.

How old are your kids? Is MK still a big draw? For us, we love to stay on the monorail/boat loop because it makes travelling to MK so easy. We like to be there every day, even if it's just for dinner after a day at another park. Traveling to/from the GF is sooo easy.

I for one wouldn't want to pack up and move mid-week if I can avoid it. That said, we are thinking about doing just that to get a longer trip next time. But it's a trade off of staying 6 nights on property, or 10 split. We have been to Orlando 6 times and have still never made it to Sea World because we can't bring ourselves to leave Disney. :blush: We're thinking actually leaving the property may be our only hope.