PDA

View Full Version : Favorite thing to do at WDW.....

ASweetLov
03-18-2008, 02:11 PM
What is your favorite thing to do at WDW besides the rides, the live stage shows or the fireworks?
Yes I know I wanted to make this a little difficult but I also wanted to see the different responses:thumbsup:

I just love taking in the views of each park, its great just to explore:mickey:

Tygger7
03-18-2008, 02:15 PM
Eating :eat: and shopping :shop: :cart:....and then, shopping :shop: :cart: and eating :woohoo: :party2::goof:

teambricker04
03-18-2008, 02:49 PM
We love the opening show at MK. It makes me so weepy, and DH and I would LOVE to be the family to open the park.

IloveDisney71
03-18-2008, 02:56 PM
1. I love re-living old memories and making new memories with family and friends.
2. Eating
3. Shopping
:mickey::mickey::mickey:

WriteDisney
03-18-2008, 03:19 PM
What is your favorite thing to do at WDW besides the rides, the live stage shows or the fireworks?
Yes I know I wanted to make this a little difficult but I also wanted to see the different responses:thumbsup:

I just love taking in the views of each park, its great just to explore:mickey:

I love touring the disney hotels, either the resort I'm currently staying at or any of the others, and... eating and shopping :thumbsup:

spoonfulosugar
03-18-2008, 03:20 PM
This may sound odd, but I like waiting in some of the lines. Disney has done such a great job of making even something as boring as waiting in a line, fun! Waiting for Everest, Rockin' Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror isn't too bad because of all the great things to look at and watch as you're waiting.

McGoofy
03-18-2008, 03:20 PM
Sitting with my family in a hammock with a lapu lapu in my hand on the shore of the Poly overlooking the MK. (while watching the MK fireworks...:secret:I say that phrase in a whisper very quickly because that part of the sentence breaks the rules of your original question!!!):mickey: Seriously, it is just great to relax and spend together time with my family either in a hammock or swimming in one of the great themed swimming pools.

Polynesian Dweller
03-18-2008, 03:28 PM
Our favorite thing to do, is to sit on our balcony at the Poly with a drink and a snack an just watch all the activity on the lagoon. It is so utterly relaxing!:cloud9:

Epcot fan 421
03-18-2008, 03:47 PM
One of my favorite things is enjoying the first place we are eating at. It's still the start of the trip, so we're all excited and talk about all the fun things we're gonna do while eating some good food and taking in the atmosphere.

laprana
03-18-2008, 04:20 PM
One of my favorite things to do is resort hopping! We do this on every trip and I always look forward to it. It's a great way to check out all the other resorts and their gift shops and restaurants! I also really like shopping in DTD and playing mini golf at the WDW courses! :mickey:

wilshade
03-18-2008, 05:16 PM
Any of the behind the scenes tours! :thumbsup:

the real Alice
03-18-2008, 05:22 PM
I love to eat at WDW. O'Hana & Le Cellier are our favorites but there are so many things there that are great to eat that I need to go on a major diet after the trip!

EvilQueen2006
03-18-2008, 05:57 PM
:eat: Trying out all the snacks and drinks around the World Showcase :wine:

GrmGrninGost
03-18-2008, 07:22 PM
I just love being there, totally immersed in the atmosphere! Especially at MK! I can just walk around and occaisionaly stop for a snack and be content to just be there! Of course, I usually don't do it that way! But, I could! :mickey:

thatkindofday
03-18-2008, 10:11 PM
Eating turkey legs, going into every store in the parks, resort hopping and riding the monorail!!

Hair_Razor
03-18-2008, 10:20 PM
I love watching my kids. Through them everything is amazing. I love seeing them discover Disney.:mickey:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
03-18-2008, 10:47 PM
I love watching my kids. Through them everything is amazing. I love seeing them discover Disney.:mickey:

I couldn't have said it any better. :cloud9:

Seeing WDW through my children's eyes is so special.

Genie1953
03-18-2008, 10:48 PM
My favorite thing to do is watching everyone else experience the magic of Disney World. I love just walking around and sitting here and there...and...watching everyone!

:cloud9: :mickey: :thumbsup:

Tink#64
03-19-2008, 12:20 AM
One of my favorite things to do is resort hopping! We do this on every trip and I always look forward to it. It's a great way to check out all the other resorts and their gift shops and restaurants! I also really like shopping in DTD and playing mini golf at the WDW courses! :mickey:

:ditto: I always make adr's for a restaurant in a resort that we've not yet visited. We really enjoy trying new dining experiences & checking out the different resorts! This is definitely one of the highlights of our trip - beyond the obvious - the parks! :party:

And, of course, shopping, :shop: shopping, :cart:and still more shopping! :spend:

Soul_Power
03-19-2008, 04:35 AM
I love shopping, taking pictures, eating at different resorts and making new memories.

All in all, I just love BEING THERE. I still have my fingers crossed for December 2009! I miss it.

BritCody
03-19-2008, 07:15 AM
Taking pictures and video of my kids. I love watching my childrens having fun at Disney. Even though they are now teens, they have the Disney Bug and it gives me new memories to remember at a later time and it brings back memories of the toddler days. The days of autograph books, rolls of film, and 100lb video cameras (well at the time it seemed like 100lbs)

grumpyguy
03-19-2008, 07:24 AM
just being there is awesome..i often hear people complaining that they can't seem to escape mickey mouse and how they see hidden mickeys in their sleep!!!i love it.i like shopping everywhere,trying new foods,the sights,sounds
and smells are unlike anything anywhere else on the planet.i also enjoy people watching.i have a great sentimental people watching memory/story i won't bore you with but watching folks can be entertaining.:thumbsup:

jakeybake
03-19-2008, 07:26 AM
I love Muppet 3-D. :kermit:

Love of Disney
03-19-2008, 09:10 AM
Just soaking up the atmosphere. Love going shopping, even if I don't buy anything! We also like to go to the other resorts to check things out!! :cool:

DunkieKong
03-19-2008, 10:26 AM
My absolute favorite thing to do, is stop at the Main Street Bake Shop on our way out of the Magic Kingdom at the very end of the night. We always grab something delicious and head back to the room to eat it. It has been a tradition since I first went when I was a kid.

My friends and I started a new tradition a few trips ago. At the end of one night, we now hop on the resort monorail and have a drink in each of the three monorail hotels. Usually starting in the Poly, just because they have the best drinks. It is a fun time.

WVParkfan
03-19-2008, 11:19 AM
Walking around the Tree of Life or through the Oasis at the Animal Kingdom and taking the time to appreciate the incredible imagineering, the beautifly flowers and plants, and to see the animals.

So many people run through the Oasis to get to EE or the Safari, that they don't take the time to appreciate everything there. That's why we love the AK so much... the incredible detail.

diz_girl
03-19-2008, 11:41 AM
I love doing all of these (not in any particular order) -
Eating at all of the incredible restaurants
Riding the monorail
Taking a water sprite out on Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon
Riding a bike along the path between WL and FW
Watching the Electric Water Pageant
Soaking up the atmosphere in the resorts and the parks

Charlee
03-19-2008, 12:18 PM
My favorite thing is being there, walking around, people watching, chatting to people while waiting in line and acting like I'm still my daddy's little girl...the only place in the world where I can skip holding my dad's hand at 20 and not look like I'm mad! :blush:

Figaro0826
03-19-2008, 01:58 PM
Checking in to our resort, lounging at the pool.
Just knowing your living the magic 24 hours a day. To know tomorrow you'll have the time of your life. You will then have left your worries stress of work and everyday life behind.

This is the moment you waited for, all times you put your Disney fund money in the bank . All your days and night of planning are done.

You have offically arrived.......:cool:

beksy
03-19-2008, 02:21 PM
SHOPPING and EATING!!! I plan these activities as much as anything else! :cloud9: I also love riding the monorail and the trams in the parking lot at the end of the day. It's so relaxing! Since BBB opened I've really enjoyed the extra people watching I get from seeing all the little princesses around the parks. Too cute! People watching in general is fun, especially the little kids discovering new things like another poster said (don't have any of my own yet!) and hunting down the photopass photographers to get different poses and backgrounds. Just being at Disney is exciting! :mickey:

TheMartellFamily
03-19-2008, 02:44 PM
Getting away with my family and enjoying our family time how ever long our trip maybe. Riding the monorail and getting that possible co-pilot seat with them. Eating at O'hana's which is awsome expecally if you get to see the fireworks. Seeing the joy in my DS's eyes that we are here. We love Disney no matter what.

BelleLovesTheBeast
03-19-2008, 03:10 PM
We love trying new foods, trying new drinks in the different Epcot countries, shopping, checking out the different resorts and taking the animation class. I think I have 3 pics of Winnie the Pooh now.

EJS-Houston
03-19-2008, 04:53 PM
As someone who isn't very spontaneous at all in his life, I really like winging it at WDW...wandering around the World Showcase, or in any of the Theme Parks or in Downtown Disney and exploring whatever catches my eye...and there's always something to admire or watch, be it the detail around a particular section of a theme park, or a spontaneous performance, or a character coming through.

WDW24
03-19-2008, 05:34 PM
I like watching the parade from Casey's Corner! :mickey:

bruin1344
03-19-2008, 05:44 PM
Eating, resort hopping, pleasure island and boardwalk nightlife, the overall atmosphere

babysdaddy
03-19-2008, 05:59 PM
Wife and I love to sit on the benches at the World Showcase with an Adult Drink in hand and people watch .:thumbsup:

Child of Spaceship Earth
03-27-2008, 05:08 PM
My favorite thing would be to sit in Future World and watch the Fountain of Nations and look at Spaceship Earth or sit anywhere in World Showcase where I can see Spaceship Earth cus I could just stare at Spaceship Earth all day and never get bored!!!

:figment::figment::figment::figment:

kurt
03-27-2008, 05:15 PM
arriving at WDW:clappy:. La Nouba:thumbsup:. beer & bratwurst at German Biergarten.:beer:

PEA_Swe
03-27-2008, 05:24 PM
We love to have plenty of time.
We can stroll around and just look at people having a great time.

One thing that I especially like is to focus on the sounds and the smells. Do that and a whole new world will open for you.

Friend of Figment
03-27-2008, 05:36 PM
*riding the monorail
*watching people
*the frozen mocha drink in MK
*the smell on Main Street and admiring the window displays in all the stores
*one week of fantasy in a year of reality

mdhiggin
03-27-2008, 08:21 PM
At AS Music, we played games around the pool. My daughter won the hula hoop contest. My son won the Connect Four contest, and as a family we won a Disney Trivia Game. We brought back two My Little Ponies, 5 Star Wars figures and a Super Soaker as prizes. It was a great time, and there was plenty of competition. We did lose their version of musical chairs, and my son was disappointed. I kept saying 3 out of 4 is great.

We also rode a surrey bike at CBR with 2 kids in front, too short to pedal, one in back, and my husband and I in the middle. He kept thinking it was hard to pedal, but realized later that was when the rest of us were taking a break.

Lots of Great Memories

KineGirl
03-28-2008, 12:01 AM
Im an avid WDW pressed coin collector! I have so much fun checking each one off the list! It seems I never have them all so it makes me go where ever the machines are. Sometimes theyre in places I wouldve missed or passed by had the machines not been in there... just another bonus :mickey:

Mickey91
03-28-2008, 12:41 AM
We like to pin trade. By the time we go, we have collected quite a few pins we want to trade and are usually looking for a few in particular. It is really exciting to hunt for a pin during the week and then find it before you leave!:mickey:

We also have taken to trying to find rare characters and collect their autographs and pictures.

We also like to make the pressed pennies from the different resorts where we stay.

Darin M
03-28-2008, 11:04 AM
The one thing I love and look forward to the most, besides riding POTC, is enjoying lunch at the Electric Umbrella.

I know that's kind of odd, but this is where my girlfriend and I unwind after a brutal heat filled morning at Epcot.

While eating, we plan the rest of the afternoon and what country to eat dinner in.

jwallace378
03-28-2008, 11:55 AM
Sitting and relaxing by the pool. Or sitting on my patio/balcony in whatever resort I'm in enjoying the scenery.

joonyer
03-28-2008, 01:32 PM
My two boys, now 15 &12, would probably say pin trading. They have been collecting and trading since they were 9 & 6 on their first trip.
For DW, it would be shopping, and for me I would say looking for and admiring all of the little details in the parks and the resorts that maybe most people only see once in a while. It's the attention to detail in design and execution that make WDW magical, compared to run of the mill amusement parks. That's what transports you away from the real world to the Magical World that is WDW.

For our family as a group, I would say visiting the water parks is our favorite thing to do besides the theme parks and shows, etc. although the water parks are theme parks within themselves. Still, we have a lot of fun there. Our favorite is riding Teamboat Springs together.

Jonas_Swe
03-28-2008, 04:15 PM
I love to arrive in The World. Passing under the Main Entrence sign as you pull up towards the Magic Kingdom. :thumbsup:

Waking up the first morning on Disney property is magical! After a busy day of traveling, arriving quite exhausted and falling asleep before my head even hits the pillow. When you open your eyes in the morning you slowly come to grips to the fact that last day wasn't just a wierd dream... you ARE acutally there - waking up at WDW! :cloud9:

Evening stroll thrrough World Showcase, as they close down the pavillions... Yes, I am serious. What we do is that instead of heading out the gates directly after IllumiNations is over, we start to walk slowly against the crowds takeing one extra lap around World Showcase. Watching the pavillions shut down and chatting with the CM's as they are preparing to close gives a much more "authentic" feeling of the land I am visiting. It's as if the CM's let their guard down a little and chat more relaxed with you. Because you're not stopping right by the Character Meet-n-Greet sign to ask where the characters are in this pavillion, ask something like "when does the 3 o'clock parade start" or start to pick souvenirs apart and then decide not to buy them... ;)

Oh... I could mention many more magical moments, but then I could go on for ever... :D

iluvdumbo
03-30-2008, 04:38 PM
I love eating at WDW!!! :eat: I also love the shopping :cart: :shop:

disneylovinmom
03-30-2008, 04:48 PM
One of my very favorite things is arriving on the bus to Magic Kingdom and seeing the excitement on the little kids faces when they see the castle and the special music is playing on the bus as you are pulling in. I almost cry every time. I just love it!!! There is nothing quite like hearing "I see it! I see it!! That is the definition of magic.:mickey:

laward32
03-30-2008, 05:40 PM
I would have to say I love just taking in the scenery, smells and just being at Disney. I also loooove to people watch, its sooo fun. But don't forget the food and the shopping, can't go to Disney without those two things.:mickey:

loopner67
03-30-2008, 11:08 PM
This is my very first post here.....

Some of our favorite things to do...

** Search for Hidden Mickeys
** Take in the architecture & magic of everything the imgaineers put into the parks
** Sit in the Dawa bar (AK) and just hang out (add a fruity drink & I'm really happy).
** Investigate whatever Disney hotel we're staying in. Enjoy the perks of staying on property.
** Take time to smell the roses from time to time to *really* take it in that we're at Disney. Otherwise, it can be a blur and seem surreal at times.

:mickey: :mickey: :mickey: :mickey: :mickey: :mickey: :mickey: :mickey: