PDA

View Full Version : Renewing AP's??

DDuck66
03-18-2008, 09:21 AM
It is almost that time of year. Our AP's expire on May 26th. Will Disney contact us to renew or do we need to do it online?? Everyone seems to mention a discount when you renew before your time is up and I do not want to miss out on that.
Thanks in Advance!!!

Piglet822
03-18-2008, 09:38 AM
Shortly before my AP expired last year I did receive a reminder notice in the mail and there was a bit of a discount for renewing.
Keep in mind you can renew your pass up to 30 days before the expiration so if for some reason you don't receive the letter just contact Disney. I think I renewed mine over the phone last year and still got the discount. it's not much, I think it was about $30 but rather that in my pocket than theirs :D

McGoofy
03-18-2008, 01:17 PM
Our expiration date was 2/18/08. We did not get any reminders in the mail or via e-mail. However, any time that you log onto the WDW passholder site, it will say at the top of the "Passholder Home" page the date through which you AP is valid. Right by that is a link that you can click on to renew your pass online. We renewed ours when we were at MK the first week of February. I thought the new expiration date would be 2/4/09 since 2/4 was the day we renewed. However, when they printed out, the date was still 2/18/09. I asked the CM about that. He said as long as you renew within the 30 day window, your expiration date won't change. So in other words, if we had renewed on 3/17/08, we would have still received the renewal discount, but the ticket would have been dated back to expiring on 2/18/09. So you have up to 30 days to receive your renewal discount. With our discount, we paid $434.52 for the adult AP's (regularly $448) and $383.40 (regulary $395) for the child's AP. That's not that much of a discount.

McGoofy
03-18-2008, 01:40 PM
oops...I didn't compare apples to apples in my above post. I had to re-calculate because that discount sounded way too small!! The prices I mentioned above were the AP discounted price with tax included. The AP discounts before tax would be adult $408 and child $360. That sounds a little better with the savings!

So let's try that again...total prices WITH tax included:

Adult AP with renewal discount: $434.52
Adult AP without renewal discount: $477.12

Discount savings for adults: $42.60

Child AP with renewal discount: $383.40
Child AP without renewal discount: $420.68

Discount savings for children: $37.28

KylesMom
03-18-2008, 02:06 PM
FYI - We've been A/P holders since 2002 and have never received notification for renewal - either via e-mail or by snail mail. :mickey:

Piglet822
03-18-2008, 04:34 PM
FYI - We've been A/P holders since 2002 and have never received notification for renewal - either via e-mail or by snail mail. :mickey:

I wonder why they send it some and not others :shrug:
I have a FL Resident AP - I wonder if that has something to do with it.

magicofdisney
03-18-2008, 04:56 PM
I wonder why they send it some and not others :shrug:
I have a FL Resident AP - I wonder if that has something to do with it.
I think it's completely random because we've never received a renewal notice either and we're FL residents. :confused:

lindique
03-18-2008, 05:23 PM
Believe it or not - I got TWO renewal notices! I'm not a Florida resident.