PDA

View Full Version : MNSSHP and closing crowds

momof3+twins
03-18-2008, 08:48 AM
I was thinking about keeping the kids in the park until closing for this party. How many tickets do they sell a night? What are the crowds and the buses like at close? What is the monorail to the TTC like? I know that everyone flocks toward the exit at close. I am just worried we will sit for a bus another hour just to get back to the room. Also, what is the week of Halloween like? Is it busier for the party?

DDuck66
03-18-2008, 09:12 AM
A lot of people will leave after the fireworks show. They usually have two parades, one around 7-8 and then another one after the fireworks. The busses have been crowded at closing but I think we only waited about 30 minutes. I have heard that the closer to Halloween that you get, the larger the crowds will be. We usually go early. Last year we went around the 10th of October, and there was very little special merchandise left.

Strmchsr
03-18-2008, 09:37 AM
The crowds are definitely significantly larger closer to Halloween, but remember that it's a hard ticket with a limited number sold, so it still won't be like July crowds.

As for leaving, well, the Internet has once again ruined it. The "tip" was widely circulated for a while that the parks were almost deserted after the first parade, so now everyone plans to stay late thinking that everyone else will leave. If we stayed right up to the end it's taken anywhere from 15 to 45 min at the various hard ticket parties to get on a bus.

MMouse6937
03-18-2008, 11:52 AM
We were there for one of the early parties (Sept) and found that the park thinned out a lot after the parades. We rode Buzz on loop and went and got a snack at Casey's Corner (nothing like baby corn dogs at 12:00!!). We had a leasurily stroll out of the park, no biggie. I'm sure as it gets closer to Halloween things start to stay a little busier later. I think your kids will have fun no matter what! Take care!

BelleLovesTheBeast
03-18-2008, 12:17 PM
We went for the last one in Sept. I thought the crowds were very light. And the crowds did thin down a lot after the first parade and fireworks. We stayed until the end and had a bus all to ourselves. By the end of the night...there aren't many people left. It was really a lot of fun and I can't wait to do it again this year.

momof3+twins
03-18-2008, 01:50 PM
Has anyone had the same experience as Belle loves the Beast in October? Staying until close and then having hardly anyone left in the park and on the bus?
Does anyone have any advice on whether to go Oct 28ish or Oct 20ish? Or does it matter?

Would it be easier to drive? Is the boat running or is it just the monorail?
Thanks!!!!:mickey:

moe513
03-18-2008, 02:01 PM
Ive been to both the p and p and the mvmcp. The nights I went were very crowded. We stayed to the end and then took a bus once and the monorail once back to the reosrt. I dont rerember that big of a wait. They have alot of busses running. We actually waited to let a few busses go so we could get seats.

pidge9101
03-18-2008, 02:06 PM
Definitely the earlier in the season you go, the lighter the crowds. I too have experienced the park thinning out after the fireworks. I think it really all depends how soon in the season you go to the party. I've experienced the party right before Halloween and it was extremely crowded. After the fireworks the park never cleared out. So my advice is to attend early in the season and you shouldn't have a problem.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
03-18-2008, 03:40 PM
we went Nov 2nd and while it said they had sold out, it really didn't feel that way at all... After the fireworks, the park was like a ghost town. We stayed until midnight and took the monorail back over to parking and had no wait for the monorail or tram.