PDA

View Full Version : PPP question?

Deesdisney
03-17-2008, 09:00 PM
OK. It is March and I have been back for a month and a half and I have been thinking about the PPP we went to. We went at the end of Jan. and we were a little disappointed. But maybe we messed up on something so I am going to ask this question here. Did anyone get candy or choc. at the party? All we got was beads and gems. I am wondering if we missed something? We walked around the whole park and did not find anyone handing out choc. I would like to do this next year if offered and if they are not handing out choc. I do not want to walk around trying to find it.
Thank you for your answers.

P.S. This info is not just for me but my daughter. I do not want to tell her something that will not be right.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
03-17-2008, 09:06 PM
you didn't miss anything... it was decided by Disney to not hand out any chocolate... numerous times on here when it has been brought up, someone has mentioned a parent survey they did that implicated that most parents didn't want candy being handed out at the party... we have concurred that they didn't talk to anyone on here, because it is crazy!

we went once in Jan and once again last month... in Jan we got beads, the little baggy, and gems. in Feb, we got beads. that's it, minus the two places we got stickers and egg decals... I dunno why... but whatever. The whole night was full of just bad times and bull (which resulted in me getting 8 tickets to any party of my choosing within a year...but that's another story).

maybe enough people are complaining for them to bring it back... who knows. But at least bring back the little baggies and gems. Cause it got annoying just getting beads. and my DD kept asking about the gems.

Eeyore's Pal
03-18-2008, 09:04 AM
So you don't even get the bag anymore?

And what about the pirates? They aren't going to want beads. This is just silly.

linedropper
03-18-2008, 07:27 PM
I have to disagree with both of you! My kids DD6 DS5 and DS3 all loved getting the beads and the gems, we have been home for over a month and they still play with them! They would not be playing with chocolate right now a month later! It is what it is and you make the best of it, like waiting in lines for buses at the end of the night to get back to Pop! You just deal and enjoy! But I think it was done right in my opinion!
Steve:mickey:

FlaTinkRAMESAM
03-18-2008, 08:53 PM
So you don't even get the bag anymore?

And what about the pirates? They aren't going to want beads. This is just silly.

they had different colored beads...like in frontierland, they are red and black and orange. very "pirate" looking and the boys all over the park were wearing a lot of them. the gems were maybe a bit more girly i guess, but the beads were definitely unisex.

I have to disagree with both of you! My kids DD6 DS5 and DS3 all loved getting the beads and the gems, we have been home for over a month and they still play with them! They would not be playing with chocolate right now a month later! It is what it is and you make the best of it, like waiting in lines for buses at the end of the night to get back to Pop! You just deal and enjoy! But I think it was done right in my opinion!
Steve:mickey:

as for not liking the beads... we did like them. very much so. DD dresses up with them and plays with them daily. as she does the gems. my point was that they were offering even less than they had previous. it was annoying that those were the only thing being given out as we wanted/expected more gems also. now, maybe that was just that one night. i haven't heard from anyone else at more recent parties that they are or are not giving the bags and gems out again.