PDA

View Full Version : Bar at the Polynesian??

Off to Never Land
03-17-2008, 05:38 PM
Is there a bar at the Poly? My sister and I are heading out in a few weeks and I can't remember the specific details.
Has anyone visited recently? Any cocktail suggestions?

SBETigg
03-17-2008, 05:48 PM
The Tambu Lounge is the bar at the Polynesian, located on the top level of the Great Ceremonial House near 'Ohana. I recommend trying a Lapu Lapu, a very strong rum and juice combination served in a pineapple. Tasty and fun!

wilshade
03-17-2008, 07:56 PM
Yep. Tambu Lounge! Love it! Right outside Ohana's. Comfortable seating and very good service and a wide variety of tropical style drinks. :thumbsup:

IloveDisney71
03-17-2008, 08:03 PM
The Tambu Lounge is the bar at the Polynesian, located on the top level of the Great Ceremonial House near 'Ohana. I recommend trying a Lapu Lapu, a very strong rum and juice combination served in a pineapple. Tasty and fun!

Ditto! The Lapu Lapu was YUMMY!!! :papple:

PixieMagic
03-17-2008, 09:46 PM
There is a bar, the Pinas are good...but if you are going to drink you HAVE to get a lapu lapu. They are like $15, served in an actual pineapple...and absolutely fantastic!!:marg:

Belle619
03-18-2008, 08:41 AM
We went last year, and while I don't remember what we had to drink, I do remember that it was very nice. They had entertainment and it had a relaxed feel - we sat in the comfy chairs just outside the bar. And I'm not sure if they have these at other places, but my sister's martini had a flashing ice cube that was so cute - it made her whole drink light up! :marg:

The only problem was that they stopped serving relatively early (like at 9 or 10pm) We had come back to the resort from a late dinner and only had a few minutes to decided on what to have before the bar service ended.

TheRustyScupper
03-18-2008, 11:27 AM
. . . I recommend trying a Lapu Lapu, a very strong rum and juice combination served in a pineapple. Tasty and fun! . . .

1) Yes, definitely go for the Lapu Lapu.
2) We were at the lounge and had them.
3) We were at the lounge and had several of them.
4) They are like potato chips.
5) You can't have just one!
6) However, you really stop by the time you hit three, or four, or five.

BelleLovesTheBeast
03-18-2008, 12:42 PM
Yes - I had the Glow-tini last time and it was really good. I still have the glow cube.

pox24
03-18-2008, 03:10 PM
Had a Mojito there in January. Knocked me on my coconut. :D

KylesMom
03-18-2008, 04:52 PM
I'm another Lapu Lapu fan. DH was surprised a few years back when I requested this from our server since I'm usually a wine/beer drinker, but now he's used to it. :tikki::papple: They're yummy and fun! Just make sure you request extra napkins, because sometimes the pineapple leaks . . . :D - oh, and make sure you're taking Disney transportation that evening if you try 3 or 4 as Scupper suggests !!!

Off to Never Land
03-19-2008, 12:29 PM
I'm another Lapu Lapu fan. DH was surprised a few years back when I requested this from our server since I'm usually a wine/beer drinker, but now he's used to it. :tikki::papple: They're yummy and fun! Just make sure you request extra napkins, because sometimes the pineapple leaks . . . :D - oh, and make sure you're taking Disney transportation that evening if you try 3 or 4 as Scupper suggests !!!

Not to worry...we are staying at the Poly :D

TheMartellFamily
03-19-2008, 03:07 PM
Lapu Lapu worth every cent. Yes if you have one you will have more. They are very good.

jwallace378
03-20-2008, 08:18 AM
Tambu is a very nice way to end the evening after a long day at the parks. They have very comfortable chairs and sofas and great tropical drinks.