PDA

View Full Version : I want to try something new. Advice?

momof3+twins
03-17-2008, 03:36 PM
We have eaten at:
Garden Grill
Crystal Palace
Chef Mickeys
San Angel
Sci Fi
50's Primetime
Planet Hollywood
Rainforest Cafe
Any ideas for something new? We aren't into fish. I want to try something different this time.
I have always wanted to try Beaches and Cream. But, I really don't know why. Any ideas?

2Princesses4Us
03-17-2008, 03:38 PM
we LOVED Boma's ... we tried it from a friend's recommendation and I am so glad that we did. Wow! GREAT food!

We are going to Ohana's on the same friend's rec for our upcoming September trip.

:mickey:

the real Alice
03-17-2008, 03:43 PM
If you are a big meat eatter you will love O'hana. The food was great and all you can eat.

My DH and I tried Boma last year because everyone here loves it, but we were not impressed. It was OK, but the food was just average to me... sorry.

dizneeat
03-17-2008, 03:55 PM
We LOVE Le Cellier and what about the California Grill for a special treat?

DisneyDog
03-17-2008, 03:58 PM
How about the Biergarten at the Germany Pavillion? We walked past there time and time again, and never thought to try it. We finally went there on our last trip and thought it was awesome.

SBETigg
03-17-2008, 04:07 PM
Boma is fun, and you get to explore the AKL. You haven't tried 'Ohana? That's a good one. If Beaches and Cream looks like fun, you should give that a shot, too. Rose & Crown or Marrakesh are good choices around World Showcase.

aurorafan
03-17-2008, 04:15 PM
Coral Reef in Epcot--great atmosphere and great food (the Jack Daniel's and Bailey's mousse is to die for!)

Crystal Palace at MK--great character interaction and good food, and I love the Gazebo feel of the place ;)

Yak & Yeti at AK--Fantastic atmosphere (one of my favorites so far) and food!

medic9016
03-17-2008, 04:40 PM
Kona Cafe at the Poly or Wolf Gang Pucks at DTD. Both are at the top of our list.

wendy*darling
03-17-2008, 04:53 PM
There are so many left for you to try!

MK- Liberty Tree Tavern: character dinner- all-you-can-eat, served family style

DHS- Hollywood and Vine: buffet for breakfast lunch & dinner. Playhouse Disney Characters at B & L for the little ones, no characters at dinner, but you can do the Fantasmic! Dinner Package.

Epcot- Marrakesh in Morocco or Teppan Edo in Japan. I also agree with the Biergarten suggestion.

AK- Yak & Yeti: new and getting great reviews. Also- try the Tusker House breakfast buffet with Donal and friends.

Resorts-
Poly- 'Ohana (meat fest- served family style- lots of fun)
Wilderness Lodge- Whispering Canyon Cafe (rowdy meal- good food) in a stunning resort.
Grand Floridian- 1900 Park Fare- Mary Poppins & friends for breakfast buffet or Cinderella's Gala Feast for dinner buffet. Excellent food- lovely resort.
Beach Club- Cape May Cafe- buffet breakfast with Chip & Dale and friends or a seafood (and other choices) buffet dinner.

We make it a point to try 1 or 2 (minimum) new restaurants on each trip. We love our old favorites, but there's still so much more out there.

It's hard to fit them all in one trip- that's why you always need a "next trip" in the works! :thumbsup:

wilshade
03-17-2008, 08:01 PM
Artist Point in the Wilderness Lodge. Want a relaxing meal after a day in the MK? Take the boat from the AK to the WL. You will get a great view of the WL and it will set you up for an evening at Artist Point

IloveDisney71
03-17-2008, 08:54 PM
We really like: LeCellier, Boma, & Ohana.

BelleLovesTheBeast
03-17-2008, 10:15 PM
I recommend Biergarten :beer: and O'hana's :lei:!

We never go to WDW and miss these. They are our favorites and they are both a little different than your average fare.

Let us know what you decide.

Genie1953
03-17-2008, 10:26 PM
Liberty Tree Tavern at Magic Kingdom and Boatwrights at Port Orleans Riverside are both pretty good. :thumbsup:

pluto 77
03-17-2008, 10:52 PM
I would say to try either Boma or Ohana's. Both are yummy and have great atmosphere!!!! :tasty:

Natazu
03-18-2008, 12:58 AM
Garden Grill - one of the best lunch places at WDW
Crystal Palace - pretty good for a character meal
Chef Mickeys - also pretty good for a character meal
San Angel - worth a try
Sci Fi - save your money
50's Primetime - fun for the whole family
Planet Hollywood - not so much a good restaurant as a gimic
Rainforest Cafe - diverse menu, ok food, decent service

For fish,try Flying Fish Cafe. It's a little pricey but worth every penny.

busterthebronco
03-18-2008, 08:20 AM
earl of sandwich for lunch.
narcoosee's for dinner.

lightyearfan
03-18-2008, 02:16 PM
well if you've never been i would choose between Ohana's or Le Cellier, both are terrific resturants and the food is outstanding at both. when me and dw ate at ohana's last year for the first time, we were really blown away, it's that good(IMHO), so good that we decided that when we go to WDW it will open and close our stay it's that good.

Victor

Tygger7
03-18-2008, 02:19 PM
We're trying some new restaurants on our upcoming trip too....based on recommendations and/or our past experiences:

Kona Cafe (Polynesian)
Whispering Canyon (WL)
Rose & Crown (Epcot)
Teppan Edo (Epcot)
Beaches & Cream (Beach Club/Boardwalk)

Signature Dining:
Artist Point (WL)
California Grill (CR)

Happy dining!!

EvilQueen2006
03-18-2008, 09:51 PM
Some of my favorites that aren't on your list are
- Marrakesh
- Boma
- Wofgang Puck's Cafe
- Kona
- Coral Reef
- Spoodles
- California Grill

Dznygrl79
03-19-2008, 07:57 AM
You have named some of my fav's my most not miss is Liberty Tree. However I really like Tusker House in AK for lunch or dinner. At first I was totally aghast at Disney for changing it to a buffet, but after going this past trip I was really liking it. It was really warm compared to a previous December trip and I was not looking forward to a hot buffet but there was plenty of great cold food also. The tomato and cucumber salad in yogurt dressing is terrific.

JPL
03-19-2008, 10:10 AM
Boma is awesome :tasty: