PDA

View Full Version : Good "Decade" to Stay In At POP??

jennsky
03-17-2008, 11:28 AM
We have stayed in the 50's section at POP before and are returning to POP this May. We have standard rooms booked. We are hoping to stay in a different "decade". Any preferences out there as to the 70's, 80's or 90's? The 60's is all preferred, no? Thanks! :number1:

ASweetLov
03-17-2008, 11:51 AM
IMHO the 50's is the best decade to stay at in Pop. I just love it! I honestly dont care how long I have to walk to the food court or buses as long as I stay somewhere in one of the 3 50's buildings. I am 24 and grew up listening to oldies because of my parents, I mean I love 80's music too and music from the 90's but 50's just makes it that much magical for me:mickey:

Vinny
03-17-2008, 02:00 PM
We have stayed in the 70's section on our last several trips to WDW and really enjoyed it. It is a very short walk from the pool, food court, front desk, parking lot and bus stops. We have had both a view of the main courtyard (w/ big wheel and Mickey telephone) and a lakeside view. We have never had any problems such as noise at night in the 70's section, even being on the first floor. We have also stayed in the 50's and 60's sections but much prefer the 70's overall. Have fun deciding!!

McGoofy
03-17-2008, 02:08 PM
Without paying for a preferred room, I would choose the 70's. I've stayed there before. It's a short walk to the food court and main pool. It's also a short walk to the bus stop. Also, it's far enough from the pool, that you don't hear a lot of noise outside your room. I also enjoyed the 50's. We were on a side where we could see the Epcot fireworks from our room. That was nice. Good luck with your decision!:mickey:

DDuck66
03-17-2008, 03:19 PM
We always request the 70's first floor because it is such a short walk to the bus stop/food court...but we have stayed in the 50's and the 80's and none of them were that bad.

Soul_Power
03-22-2008, 08:18 PM
We stayed in a standard room in the 70s building behind the Big Wheel and thought it was great! It was a very short walk to the pool, main building and bus stops!

JPL
03-23-2008, 12:09 PM
I personally love the 90's near the Computer it's quiet and there are some shortcuts to the buses and main building if you don't mind cutting through the parking lot:thumbsup:

big blue and hairy
03-23-2008, 03:32 PM
If you're adventurous and like camping, how about the 20's? :D

:sully:

McGoofy
03-24-2008, 01:20 AM
If you're adventurous and like camping, how about the 20's? :D

:sully:

Might wanna make sure you have a tetnus shot before doing that. It looks a little rusty over there!:D

Rikkikika
03-25-2008, 08:17 PM
I really liked the 80's when I was there the end of January - first time stay at POP. It's a non-preferred section, but I got a room with a interior view of the courtyard and the computer pool. Tip for staying in the 80's - cut though the parking lot to get to buses and the food court!:thumbsup: Definitely cuts out time in the AM - when your mind in on getting to the parks as fast as you can to see :mickey:!!