PDA

View Full Version : Mnnshp?????

Gottaluvgoof
03-16-2008, 09:30 PM
Ok, here is my dilemma. :confused: I REALLY want to go to the MNSSHP. The problem is, my 180 day dining reservation is tomorrow! I was planning all my table service meals, but I don't know the dates for the party. So, if the calendar shows the MK closing at 7:00 p.m. on a Tuesday and Friday night, can I possibly assume these may be the days of the MNSSHP? I have a group of 10, so I don't want to be having to change dining plans once I schedule them. Every other night, the MK closes at 8 or 9 p.m. I am looking at September 16 and September 19. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BelleLovesTheBeast
03-16-2008, 10:39 PM
Last year all of the halloween dates were on Fridays starting on Sept 14. I would recommend planning on Sept 19 being the date of MNSSHP.

It is so much fun! I can't wait to do it again this year. I'm excited just thinking about it.

Have fun planning!

aurora, ariel, and bell
03-17-2008, 08:16 AM
When do they release the dates for MNSSHP? will it be posted here as well?:secret:
Is it something that you need to purchase as soon as they are available?

Sorry so many questions, would like to go as we have never been...is it worth it?:mickey:

Emme&TeddysMommy
03-17-2008, 09:49 AM
I actually called Disney the other day and they told me that the dates probably will not be released until summer. We were at Disney last September, but did not attend MNSSHP. We stayed in the park until the party began, but we were traveling with a 2 month old and a 16 month old so we thought it would be too much on them, but from what we saw it looked amazing. When we go this year we are going to attend and we can’t wait!!!! Last year intercot did post the dates. From what I have read/heard the nights that MNSSHP happens are the nights the park closes early. Hope this info helps.:blush:

DDuck66
03-17-2008, 10:14 AM
I know that last year many of the dates were during the week. I believe that the discounted days for AP's were on a Thursday. They usually announce the dates and tickets are on sale by the first of May. I would go ahead and amke your ADR's and be prepared to change them once you figure out which day you will atend the party. I would not make an ADR for dinner at the party as there is only one or two TS restaurants open during the party, and they are PACKED. During our first party, we ate dinner at LTT and it took over 2 and 1/2 hours including wait time and dinner. We missed a lot of the party activities.

NJGIRL
03-17-2008, 10:22 AM
The party is alot of fun and worth the money.
Disney usually posts the dates sometime in May or at least they have been in previous years.
There are some unconfirmed dates floating around on other sites but I wouldn't post them here.

jakeybake
03-17-2008, 10:25 AM
My favorite Theme park is Epcot. It has the best food and Rides :mickey: :number1:

dumbo_buddy
03-17-2008, 10:31 AM
ok so let's say that there's a MNSSHP on sept. 19th...

where would you guys make your reservations for food if you were going to attend??? i need some ideas!

BelleLovesTheBeast
03-17-2008, 11:38 AM
dumbo buddy - If you are wanting to eat in the park that day I would. That way you know you can eat at a TS. There is so much going on I'd eat before the park started.

Also I just found that if you go to INFO CENTRAL....they have last years dates listed. And the dates in Sept...were all Fridays.

Donalds#1fan
03-17-2008, 01:13 PM
Thanks for posting the approximate release date for tickets. We are planning on going down with friends this year and we want to hit the party ON Halloween. Since Halloween is on a Friday this year, and I know that a lot of people attend on that night we want to make sure we get our tickets as early as possible. If anyone has a more definate date when tickets might be on sale I'd greatly appreciate it.

McGoofy
03-17-2008, 01:47 PM
I sort of did last year what you are doing this year. We had a group of 13 that went down for MNSSHP. From my experience, I would say book your reservations now at your 180 day mark. That way you can be sure that you get your party of 10 into whatever you want while ADR's are still fairly easy to get. If things change and you need to move some times/dates around, it is not a problem to do that. Nobody can definitively say that the park closing early will be a MNSSHP. However, 7pm is not the normal time for MK to close, so obviously something will be going on there after 7pm. My money would be on a MNSSHP. It appears that they are starting way earlier and doing more MNSSHP's this year. However, that is pure speculation.

Last year we went on Halloween night, and I know that night sells out every year. We had a party of 13, so I wanted to be sure that we all had tickets. I called the very morning that they went on sale. I was on hold for one hour!!! I looked back at my credit card statement to see what day that was, and it was dated May 1, 2007. They usually go on sale around the same time every year, so perhaps that will be the time frame this year as well.

MNSSHP is awesome and well worth attending!:thumbsup:

JMTStone
03-17-2008, 02:16 PM
I would say it is worth it!!! We had a GREAT time. The parade and fireworks show was terrific! We walked on a lot of rides. I highly recommend it!

DDuck66
03-17-2008, 03:05 PM
ok so let's say that there's a MNSSHP on sept. 19th...

where would you guys make your reservations for food if you were going to attend??? i need some ideas!

If you want to eat dinner at the party, then LTT is one of the best bets, just remember that it might take a long time so get your ADR for as earliest as possible for dinner. If not eating a TS at the party, then you have all of the options open. Remember that even though the party starts at 7:00 pm, you can get in as early as 4:00 pm with your hard ticket.
We always like to eat at Cosmic Rays the night of the party. They have one of the dance parties going on there and as far as CS goes, the food has been pretty good.

kaerbear178
03-17-2008, 03:09 PM
I'm going to plan mine around the 7:00 closing time that is currently posted, but nothing that can't be changed. If that turns out not to be the party date, hopefully I can just rearrange a couple of my ADR's.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-18-2008, 02:36 PM
If you are hoping the party is that day, I'd make the ADR earlier. That way if that is the day of a party, you will not waste a large portion of the party eating dinner. I'd go with 5-530pm and that way you'll be done about the time the party would be starting.

cal5755
03-18-2008, 02:49 PM
We are planning to attend MNSSHP this year too. We made our table service for Lunch on 9/19 assuming that the party will be that night and we plan on catching a CS for dinner in the park.. probably not Cosmic Rays this year... that is the only CS we have tried in MK ever so we want to try something different.

Have a magical trip.... and we will be there on Sept 19th too!!

BriarRose0708
03-18-2008, 04:14 PM
As I recall from this past year's MNSSHP, if you want a sit down meal after 7 pm, Liberty Tree Tavern is the only restaurant open during the party. You can eat at the other places before 7pm (Crystal Palace, CRT, Tony's, etc). I'd recommend Liberty Tree because the characters are dressed in Halloween Costumes and the wait staff are dressed like Haunted Mansion maids and butlers. I had a reservation at 5:30 last October but we checked in early and were seated at 5. It was perfect timing! The restaurant was close to empty so we had great interactions with characters and attention from our server before it got busy. We were done around 6 and were able to get some great photo opportunities before the party began and wait times sky rocketed. MNSSHP is a fantastic experience, you're going to love it!

Gottaluvgoof
03-18-2008, 08:53 PM
OK, so here's what I did. On the night I am keeping my fingers crossed for the MNSSHP, I made my dinner reservation for 5:00 p.m. at Ohana. That way, if it is that night, we are nice and close to the MK. So, I will just keep wishing! :tink:

Gottaluvgoof
03-21-2008, 10:14 PM
I DID IT! I picked the right date. The MNSSHP is the 16th, which is just where I thought and hoped it would be. All I have to do now is buy my tickets on May 1st. :woohoo: