PDA

View Full Version : Finished the blue Giselle Enchanted dress

murphy1
03-16-2008, 12:55 PM
Just in time for the DVD, her highness (Princess Megan all of 4!) requested this one. I have to get going on the wedding dress next. I didn't use a pattern (thank goodness for Youtube!!), it was all in my head and the fabric is a linen washable embroidered teal from JoAnn.
Here are pics of it:

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8EYtmjlo0bshe&emid=sharshar&linkid=link5

Hair_Razor
03-16-2008, 01:06 PM
GOOD JOB! I just did Snow (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2515918560102834945ZajhSF?vhost=good-times)White for my daughter for this recent trip. She asked me for Hanna Montana next ???? She just turned 4 what can I say, at least I don't really have to make that.

murphy1
03-16-2008, 01:13 PM
Beautiful Snow White Cassi!! I want to make the Belle blue village dress for my 8 yo sometime in life:mickey: They have Hannah Montana Patterns out. If you check JoAnn, they have them for .99 sometimes.

Hair_Razor
03-16-2008, 01:20 PM
Thank you I am such an amateur. I saw your home page you are very talented!!!! I'm not very well versed on using patterns. I try but end up just doing my own thing.

kakn7294
03-16-2008, 10:36 PM
Great dresses ladies! This was my version of Princess Jasmine's wedding gown (http://inlinethumb64.webshots.com/20799/2102749510102032678S500x500Q85.jpg)- also done without a pattern. For Hannah Montana, we just bought a wig and microphone and put the rest of the pieces together from stuff she already owned - anything glittery and sparkly works really well! Oh yeah, we had to buy a heart-shaped necklace as well - Miley always wears hers!

Kairi_7378
03-17-2008, 07:31 AM
Wow, these are all such beautiful gowns! I hope that your princesses all love them.

SBETigg
03-17-2008, 08:23 AM
Shari, another gorgeous creation. Your princesses are so well-outfitted.

Also love Cassi's Snow White and Kathy's Jasmine wedding gown. You're all so talented! My daughter used to love dressing up, but I had to rely on the Disney store to keep her in gowns. Now she wouldn't dress up for anything- she's a rebellious 14. But I can smile at the memories.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
03-17-2008, 08:54 AM
It's okay, your daughter can always revert back and decide to start making her own costumes and clothes if she's an anime fan like me!

That's what I do! And soon, I'll be adding some very pretty (and poofy) princess dresses of my own to my collection! Including, Ariel's Kiss the Girl dress, Aurora's blue gown, and quite possibly, Belle's Parade of Dreams dress......as soon as I can find the right fabric. I considered making Sarah's Labyrinth...Oops! I meant Giselle's Wedding dress...but I didn't want to deal with all those layer of ruffles!

SBETigg
03-17-2008, 09:45 AM
It's okay, your daughter can always revert back and decide to start making her own costumes and clothes if she's an anime fan like me!

She is an anime fan! She has been to a convention and her friends are starting to make costumes, so it may be a matter of time. Then I'll be grilling you all for tips, no doubt.

biodtl
03-17-2008, 02:09 PM
Oh my gosh, you guys are all so talented! I have made costumes before, but I they are mostly held together by pure luck and prayer, rather than by any actual talent. I want to make Belle's blue dress before our October trip, and I know I need to get started soon, to leave time for the guarateed screw-ups.

prprincess
03-17-2008, 03:10 PM
You ladies are so talented! I'm definitely jealous...I should have kept up with those night school sewing classes that I used to take!!

murphy1
03-18-2008, 12:29 PM
THere is a great site Cosplay with lots of talented people who make some fantastic things! One girl made a Giselle dress that looks exactly like the adult one in the movie.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
03-18-2008, 11:25 PM
Just in time for the DVD, her highness (Princess Megan all of 4!) requested this one. I have to get going on the wedding dress next. I didn't use a pattern (thank goodness for Youtube!!), it was all in my head and the fabric is a linen washable embroidered teal from JoAnn.
Here are pics of it:

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8EYtmjlo0bshe&emid=sharshar&linkid=link5

My 4 year old daughter has been saying she wanted that dress since she saw the movie!!

Wonderful job!! I wish I had even the smallest amount of talent to make a dress like that for my DD.:blush:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
03-19-2008, 02:40 AM
THere is a great site Cosplay with lots of talented people who make some fantastic things! One girl made a Giselle dress that looks exactly like the adult one in the movie.

The site is Cosplay dot com and the girl, I believe was Ambrosia. I think Kitty is also on that site, as am I. I could definately give tips or anything for cosplayers! I love designing wigs and costumes! I'm such a huge anime fan.

SimbaandNalasMama
03-22-2008, 11:14 AM
wow! those dresses are great. I know your princesses are very pleased!

Designdivababe
06-29-2008, 07:57 PM
Shari,

Hi there... I'm dying to make the Giselle dress for my daughter like theyou made for your beautiful daughter BUT when I went to JoAnns the lady said she'd never seen that fabric. Can you give me any additional information on it....like off the side of the actual fabric or anything??? Store you bought it at or where I can find it??? I'd appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks!
DesignDivaBabe

murphy1
06-29-2008, 10:31 PM
Hi DDB, thanks so much! I've gotten some pm's on this and the wedding dress. I had to push the wedding dress for her back and am going to aim for Halloween. Unfortunately this fabric was a spring embroidered linen, so I don't know where it might be. You might want to do a search for embroidered teal or aqua tafetta or you could even just use a teal cotton without the embroidery. I usually look on Ebay or a few other sites for hard to find fabrics.

I've also gotten some nice pm's from people who want me to make either this one or the wedding dress, but I really just did this as one of a kind. I will probably be selling this blue on on Ebay in the near future, she doesn't really want to wear it anymore, its' a size 4, it would be great for Halloween or play.

pdrlkr
06-30-2008, 09:41 AM
:thumbsup: