PDA

View Full Version : Final Call at TS Restaurants?

Princess2BsMom
03-16-2008, 02:09 AM
Just wondering if the time they say they are closing is the last time you can make an ADR or is the time that they actually close? On some nights I would like to make a later ADR but don't want the quality of food and service to suffer for it being close to the end of the night. Thanks!

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
03-16-2008, 08:53 AM
It is the last time that you can make an ADR. The CMs are usually very good about not making you feel rushed but it is sometimes odd feeling eating in a nearly empty restaurant.

DDuck66
03-17-2008, 11:10 AM
Even when we have eaten very late, the food did not seem to suffer, and if it is a character meal, you can get some great pictures if you are one of the last one left. I lot of time they are willing to pose alltogether if no one else is around. I have some great pics of Pooh, Tigger, Eyyhore, and Piglet, when no one else was around.

TheRustyScupper
03-17-2008, 12:50 PM
1) Near closing, there is very little food quality to suffer.
2) Most foods are pre-portioned and pre-packaged.
3) They can just unwrap some more and cook it.
4) There are only a few mass-prepared foods that can suffer.
. . . salads
. . . some appetizers
. . . pot-quantity entrées (eg. Mac-n-Cheese)
. . . some veggies

NOTE: Most TS restaurants prepare dishes on an assembly-line basis in the kitchen. Example: cook#1 adds veggies, cook#2 adds potato, cook#3 adds meat to the plate. Thus, individual items can be brought out if they run in short supply.

McGoofy
03-17-2008, 03:50 PM
In February we ate at the Living Seas Coral Reef restaurant at Epcot. We had one of the last ADR's of the evening. Our food was wonderful and I didn't notice any less quality than if we had eaten in the middle of the day. When we left, Epcot was closed for the night. A CM was standing outside the ride/restaurant entrance. We hung around and took pictures at the Nemo displays. The CM just smiled at us and didn't tell us that we needed to leave. When we finished taking photos, she waved at us and told us to have a good night. It was a pleasant experience.

Princess2BsMom
03-18-2008, 12:17 PM
Thanks. It's good to know that the food and service won't be a problem if we do decide on a later ADR. I would hate to for the food/service to be less than I had anticipated because of the time of the ADR.