PDA

View Full Version : CCQ - Couple Castle Questions

disneyduggan
03-15-2008, 04:00 PM
Still trying to iron our our time at the castle. Any help would be appreciated!

1. For lunch - In looking at the menu posted ther at Information Central...it only lists Blueberry Cobbler for dessert. Is that the only dessert option? How about for kids?

2. If we opt for dinner - Would like to try to book so we are eating (or finishing up) during the fireworks. Any suggestions for ADR time?

3. I have an 11-year old who I may not be able to sell on any of the adult food choices. Will they give a double kids meal portion?

wendy*darling
03-15-2008, 09:09 PM
1. For lunch - In looking at the menu posted ther at Information Central...it only lists Blueberry Cobbler for dessert. Is that the only dessert option? How about for kids?
I do not know for sure- but they usually will have an ice cream option, and sometimes a fruit cup.
Plus, remember that every restaurant has the option to change their menu at any time without notice. So you never know what it might be when you get there.

2. If we opt for dinner - Would like to try to book so we are eating (or finishing up) during the fireworks. Any suggestions for ADR time?
Check the schedule for the fireworks for the day you plan to dine there. I think you mean you still want to be IN the restaurant when the fireworks go off? If so, try to get an ADR for about 60 minutes before the fireworks. You should still be eating when they go off.

3. I have an 11-year old who I may not be able to sell on any of the adult food choices. Will they give a double kids meal portion?
You can always ask. Big kids, and even adults, can almost always order off the kids' menu.
It depends on the chef, how busy they are, etc. But, I believe it should be possible.

aurora, ariel, and bell
03-15-2008, 09:13 PM
Just a reminder as well, I had originally booked for dinner and then found out that the princesses are not there at dinner, only lunch and I believe breakfast. So we re-booked for lunch:mickey:

chicklittlemom
03-15-2008, 09:15 PM
We ate at CRT for lunch, so I'm not sure about ADR's for dinner or how to coincide with the fireworks. I'm sure someone else will know, though!

I believe the only dessert for adults was the blueberry buckle. If there was some other option, I would have chosen it ( :shake: not a blueberry fan). But the lemon ice was good.

The kids had a sundae that had sprinkles and a chocolate crown on it. Was very cute and they enjoyed that.

My DH is a picky eater and he had the coachman sandwich, which he enjoyed.

disneyduggan
03-16-2008, 10:35 PM
Thank you for the helpful feedback. I think I am now leaning toward lunch...but I go back and forth.

joanna71985
03-16-2008, 10:38 PM
Just a reminder as well, I had originally booked for dinner and then found out that the princesses are not there at dinner, only lunch and I believe breakfast. So we re-booked for lunch:mickey:

That is correct. Only breakfast and lunch have princesses.

sly1
03-17-2008, 08:59 AM
We caught the fireworks during dinner last time we were there. Our reservations were for about 45minutes before the fireworks started. We thought the food was absolutely horrible though. Here is a thread where others have posted their experience with dinner at the "Royal Table" lately: http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=128815

TheRustyScupper
03-17-2008, 01:02 PM
1) You can see SOME fireworks from CRT.
2) But, you will miss a big portion of them.
3) Foreworks are no longer resticted to the area behind CRT.